Need a LINK to "grab" geocoin

Travelwriter

Please help this newbie...someone kind left a geocoin in my cache, and I've picked it up. Now I want to "grab" it as per instructions in geocaching.com but I can't find a page whre I can do that. The geocoin has a clear number on it, which I am sure I can use to help me identify it and find its log page, but WHERE do I start that process? Would some kind soul please send a link?

Edited by Travelwriter

Actually if you got it from a cache you are going to 'retrieve' it. Generally 'grab' is what you do when you take it from a person, event, etc.

The link you are looking for is right here.

-edited for clarification-

Dave, thanks for the link but I don't think it's what I need! That page contains directions for how to claim a coin, including this : "Each geocoin has its own web page. To visit the page, either visit the cache listing where you found the geocoin, or visit the geocoin page and use the search tool in the upper right hand corner of the page." My question is, WHERE is the "geocoin page" with a "search tool" where I can find my coin?

Anyway, in the meantime I have found the coin by going back to the log for the cache where I got it, so I have managed to record that I have it. Thanks for the help!

Edited by Travelwriter

Dave, thanks for the link but I don't think it's what I need! I have already been to that page. That page contains directions for how to claim a coin, including this : "Each geocoin has its own web page. To visit the page, either visit the cache listing where you found the geocoin, or visit the geocoin page and use the search tool in the upper right hand corner of the page."

My question is, WHERE is the "geocoin page" with a "search tool" where I can find my coin? THanks for the quick reply.

The link to find the the coin would be here - enter the "tracking" code and it should come up.

Simply,

You find that coin by either entering the tracking number, or finding it in the history of bugs that were/are in your cache.

You go to that travel bugs page, just like you go to a cache page.

You log that bug by grabbing or retrieving it from your cache or wherever it is, just like you log a cache.

What's the problem?

On most every page, on left hand side you will find a link that reads "Trackable Items". Click the link. On the page that comes up enter the numbers from the coin/TB where it says "Enter the Tracking Number of the Item:". Hit the button that says "Track" and it should take you to the page. Beware: If you don't get the page or it doesn't recognize the number it may be that you entered a (0) zero, instead of an (O) oh! or vis-versa. If this happens just go back, change the o to a 0 and hit Track again. There are other letters/numbers that can be confused too. Just have patience.

Hope this helps

Oh yah! Then go to Found It? Log it! It helps to copy the number from the "Trackable Items" link as you'll need it to log your retrieval, grab, discovery etc.

Edited by rockymtn8iv