How soon I forget

barnabasbenn

First of all, I'd strongly suggest using the .gpx files instead of the .loc files. Much more useful info. If you are not a premium member, you should really consider it, your 30 bucks is money well spent ( Hey Jeremy, do I get a commission on this one??? :):D )

OK, that said, lets cover getting the info into GSAK and then into cachemate.

What I do, is save my pocket queries or gpx files to a certain folder on my computer ( mine is just called gpx files and sits on my desktop) Open GSAK, then click file, import, gpx/loc file. That will bring up another box, if you are loading multiple files from a folder, you can click the radio button for folder and then select the folder you ahve saved your files to. Click OK and let GSAK do it's thing. ( one note) you can choose to have GSAK delete the files after they are loaded, makes file maintenance much simpler)

Once GSAK has imported the files, filter out for the ones you want ( click search, filter, then set your filter parameters [play around with this a few times to get the feel of what it can do]) once you have that done, click file, export, cachemate, (or right click on your toolbar and put the cachemate export button on the toolbar, much simpler) and let GSAK create your cachemate export. Make sure you have the button clicked to send the file to your palm.

Once this is done, you should get your palmone quick install should pop up with the file ready to hotsync. Then just hotsynch your palm, tap on the cachemate icon whe that is done and follow the prompts to import the files.

First of all, I'd strongly suggest using the .gpx files instead of the .loc files. Much more useful info. If you are not a premium member, you should really consider it, your 30 bucks is money well spent ( Hey Jeremy, do I get a commission on this one??? :P:laughing: )

OK, that said, lets cover getting the info into GSAK and then into cachemate.

What I do, is save my pocket queries or gpx files to a certain folder on my computer ( mine is just called gpx files and sits on my desktop) Open GSAK, then click file, import, gpx/loc file. That will bring up another box, if you are loading multiple files from a folder, you can click the radio button for folder and then select the folder you ahve saved your files to. Click OK and let GSAK do it's thing. ( one note) you can choose to have GSAK delete the files after they are loaded, makes file maintenance much simpler)

Once GSAK has imported the files, filter out for the ones you want ( click search, filter, then set your filter parameters [play around with this a few times to get the feel of what it can do]) once you have that done, click file, export, cachemate, (or right click on your toolbar and put the cachemate export button on the toolbar, much simpler) and let GSAK create your cachemate export. Make sure you have the button clicked to send the file to your palm.

Once this is done, you should get your palmone quick install should pop up with the file ready to hotsync. Then just hotsynch your palm, tap on the cachemate icon whe that is done and follow the prompts to import the files.

Thank you very much,I had drawn a blank and couldn't figure it out any more,your right about the membership-just had a lot of bad luck lately,haven't cached in so long forgot how things work-thanks again for your response.