paperless caching.

Bobmo38

Premium Member

Group: Premium Members

Hope someone can help me. I have a Garmin Nuvi 680. I had downloaded pilotsnipes program for paperless caching. Everytime I upload caches to my Nuvi, it always sends caches I have ALREADY FOUND. I use GSAK. There is nothing in GSAK except 1 sample cache. Today I uninstalled GSAK and reinstalled. Oddly enough the Nuvi button is still on there. I thought I would need to reinstall the program for paperless caching. It uploaded 400 caches and there is only 1 cache to be loaded. I am at my witts end, and can't think of anymore things to try

Edited by Bobmo38

Premium Member

Hope someone can help me. I have a Garmin Nuvi 680. I had downloaded pilotsnipes program for paperless caching. Everytime I upload caches to my Nuvi, it always sends caches I have ALREADY FOUND. I use GSAK. There is nothing in GSAK except 1 sample cache. Today I uninstalled GSAK and reinstalled. Oddly enough the Nuvi button is still on there. I thought I would need to reinstall the program for paperless caching. It uploaded 400 caches and there is only 1 cache to be loaded. I am at my witts end, and can't think of anymore things to try

Fortunately the GSAK uni-install does noit remove data files. Does the download to the nuvi include found caches because the found caches are also in your GSAK database your downloading? Perhaps making a Found database and moving the found caches there makes more sense. Not sure but you might need to remove the gpx file in the POI loader directory and generate a clean one.

Jim

Premium Member

Fortunately the GSAK uni-install does noit remove data files. Does the download to the nuvi include found caches because the found caches are also in your GSAK database your downloading? Perhaps making a Found database and moving the found caches there makes more sense. Not sure but you might need to remove the gpx file in the POI loader directory and generate a clean one.

Jim

Premium Member

Jim

No it doesn't download any new caches only old found ones. I have removed all found caches. I am really quite a novice at this. I don't know how to find or adjust the Micros. Don't know how to remove the gpx file in POIloader. I need help like a kindergartner. If there is anyone in the Phoenix area that can fix this let me know.