Newbie GPS user (Garmiin Nuvi)

Bee&Bee

Hi all, hoping you can help. I am new to both the Geocaching, and the new Garmin Nuvi 255W gps sytem I bought.

I know this will sound a silly question, but when I bought this the other day, it appeared to have everything I needed to be able to go about locating caches with it's help. However, I find that on looking, the unit will only get me to within 8 - 20 metres of the cache itself. Is this the norm? Or am I doing something wrong that is preventing the unit from putting me closer to the hiding spot? Am I expecting too much of it??

How close does your unit take you??

Hi all, hoping you can help. I am new to both the Geocaching, and the new Garmin Nuvi 255W gps sytem I bought.

I know this will sound a silly question, but when I bought this the other day, it appeared to have everything I needed to be able to go about locating caches with it's help. However, I find that on looking, the unit will only get me to within 8 - 20 metres of the cache itself. Is this the norm? Or am I doing something wrong that is preventing the unit from putting me closer to the hiding spot? Am I expecting too much of it??

How close does your unit take you??

Yes, that is what you will get. With my 60CSx I can get 15' or so accuracy most of the time.