How long to wait for PQ email

txbray

Finally took the plunge & signed up for a premium account. Created a pocket query (or three) and waited in eager anticipation...... and waited..... and waited...... and waited.....

I get emails from geocaching.com including the "Premium Membership Confirmation Notice", so my email is good, & is not caught in spam guard.

The PQ said it completed successfully & I clicked into the "preview page" where the caches were listed, so the query was OK. I can get a LOC file from there (but the goal is a GPX, right?)

But no email (been 2-3 hours) :unsure: Is this normal?

So, I thought I'd ask what I could possibly be doing wrong. Thanks in advance

Did you select a day of the week on which you want your query to run? That is what triggers the e-mail with the file.

Once the query has run, you will see a date and timestamp in boldface, in the far right column. Is it there?

If your query has run, but you haven't received it, you could have an issue with your e-mail provider or spam filter or security software. Pocket query files are not like average e-mails, and often get trapped or throttled.

Did you select a day of the week on which you want your query to run? That is what triggers the e-mail with the file.

Once the query has run, you will see a date and timestamp in boldface, in the far right column. Is it there?

If your query has run, but you haven't received it, you could have an issue with your e-mail provider or spam filter or security software. Pocket query files are not like average e-mails, and often get trapped or throttled.

Thank you very much.

I guess I missed the part about checking the day *causes* the email. Since I didn't want to repeatadly run the query, I left that out. and clicked on the "run once, then delete option"...

Thanks again!!!

Pocket query files are not like average e-mails, and often get trapped or throttled.

I generally see new queries in my inbox in ~3 minutes. Lately "My Finds" query has been getting throttled by my ISP. I may change the email addy on that one to a gmail account, as has been suggested by many users here.

It's a bigger query than most. But it's also not terribly important (to me) whether I get in 3 minutes or 3 days.