Unarchiving

geobswescout

Hi all,

since a couple of months I am partially disabled and therefore not capable anymore of maintaining my 'non'virtuals'. I found a geocacher willing to adopt seven of my caches. The rest I archived with pain in my heart.

About a week ago a geocacher offered to adopt a further four of my archive caches so I send a 'release' request to the [Dutch] reviewer to unarchive these four caches. A second cacher is willing to adopt another three caches. I sent off a couple of mails but I get no response, no feedback and no mails. The adopt-candidate is anxious to continue the caches but he can't since the reviewer does do anything from our perspective.

Our (mine and the adopters) question: how to motivate reviewers to move, to do something. even if the answer is no?

They are all volunteers (I do a lot of volunteer work as well so I know the pressure it can built up some time) but we all feel this is not the appropriate way to promote this wonderful hobby.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your feedback, reply, answers, advice.

GeoBSWEScout

I'm pretty sure a reviewer will chime in soon, but I believe the latest policy does not allow the un-archiving of a cache for the purpose of adoption.

Thankx Too Tall John,

I don't know if that is the policy right now, but if it is so a short mail would help and on the other hand I would say: Be flexible.