Which GPS for a Mac user?

My Garmin Vista died. I got a refurbished one. It lasted about 6 months. I need a new receiver.

I am a Mac user and thought I would see if there was one that Macintosh computer users recommend.

Thanks,

Nomad

of Nomad and the Librarians

:D I REALLY really love using my Garmin Legend HCx ... it does everything I need it to do, and more. Adding the microSD data card for North America really brought a smile to my face (it was worth every cent)! I can't rave about it enough. I use MacCaching for my PQs, and I'm good to go. Lately, I've been using my iPhone instead of my PDA to access the cache description, past logs, hints, etc. :D . I'm sure there are more expensive units out there that'd work fine for you; I highly recommend the Legend HCx.

Barrie

boysnbarrie

It is hard to beat the map 60 series. I have a Garmin Colorado and works great with my Powerbook natively in mac os. I have Garmiin road trip so I can view my maps, tracks, routes, and waypoints.

Many users on here have not liked the colorados but I have the same one I originally purchasesd the 400T and it is great. I think a few have had defective units. Blows away my etrex legend. You can do paperless caching with it as well. The best part is the pirce

is super low on them right now.

http://www.rei.com/product/754439?cm_mmc=c...r:referralID=NA

A little squeak from the new third wheel, I loaded the 'pre-cut maps' from DeLorme onto a PN-40, using a

MacBook, no artificial flavors or colors were used in the process, and all magic smoke remains contained.

After putting the card into the HH and turning it on there will be a map folder created, drag n' drop the

pn0 maps from the map folder on the DVD to this folder, done. I 'popped' the card and used a reader,

took way less than 15 min.

Norm

A little squeak from the new third wheel, I loaded the 'pre-cut maps' from DeLorme onto a PN-40, using a

MacBook, no artificial flavors or colors were used in the process, and all magic smoke remains contained.

After putting the card into the HH and turning it on there will be a map folder created, drag n' drop the

pn0 maps from the map folder on the DVD to this folder, done. I 'popped' the card and used a reader,

took way less than 15 min.

Norm

My edit (time) window expired :^(

One should also move the .ybr file as well, mine seemed to function w/out them, but I received

advice from more knowledgeable sources that they are required.

Norm