The World Geo-Gathering - Wyandotte, OK - July 16-19, 2009

Team B.L.T.

The World Geo-Gathering

July 16-19, 2009

Time for the 1st Annual World Geo-Gathering!!

Over 100 Event Only On-Site Caches!

July 16-19, 2009

IdahoGI with the D-Day Adventure Park is proud to present The World Geo-Gathering 2009. An event for all GeoCachers regardless of physical ability. We will place over 100 event exclusive caches for this event. They will range anywhere from 1/1 to 5/5.

The event will also include:

• Vending – Vendors from all over globe will be in attendance for this event.

• Event Meet & Greets – Chance to meet other cachers from all over the globe.

• Fun & Games – Fun and games for young and old will consist of Cache Packing Races, Geo-BINGO, Name The Cacher, Ammo Can Painting and much, much more….

• Classes and Seminars – We are still working on classes and seminars at this time.

• Live Auction - We will be auctioning off some fabulous items that were donated by sponsors and other generous folks. A professional auctioneer will be on hand to make this an unforgettable experience.

• Event Exclusive Cache Race – The coordinates will be released on Friday Night

and Saturday Moring for everyone. All participants will receive coords on paper and GPX

files (through GSAK).

Please watch this page. We have a lot of planning taking place and will update it regularly. We will also update the website regularly. See THE WORLD GEO-GATHERING WEBSITE for full details on the event.

The World Geo-Gathering will start accepting registration on January 1, 2009. The registration link will be on the main menu as well as the top menu. You must register via the website. The registrations will vary depending on what you want. The first 200 people to register will receive a special lanyard marked with World Geo-Gathering 2009.

Swag can be found in The World Geo-Gathering store. However, the store will not open until March 15th.

We are looking forward to the best year yet! Hope to see everyone out there!

Googled it for the website. Found a 2009 GeoGathering that has nothing to do with caching.

Where exactly is the link? Where exactly is the gathering (link to ground zero in OK)? Why exactly do I want to go to th is one instead of GeoPalooza or GeoWoodstalk? or GeoMan?

Our website will be up before the 1st of Jan.

Well going is all up to you, but we would enjoy having you there.

Are those 'over 100 event exclusive caches for this event' going to be permanently listed GC.com caches or are they just temporaary caches to artificially inflate ones stats?

We will have over 100 event exclusive caches on-site. Some will be listed on GC.com after the event with the land owners approvale. Must most will only temporary caches for this event.

Plus there are many other caches in the surrounding area that are listed on GC.com and many more will be added up to the event by our event staff.

I would suggest Googling "Geowoodstock". There already is a world gathering for geocachers. I've been to the first six. I will be at number seven as well.

In addition, please do not spam the forums again. :unsure:

We are not trying to take event goers from any other event. We have no ties with Geowoodstock, our event name is "The Geo-World Gathering". Geo-World Gathering is not a registered trademark of Geowoodstock.

It looks like you've only attended two events so far, and have not held one yourself. I recommend starting out with a small "meet and greet" / local type of event, then move up to a regional, *then* go for the gusto.

Its not as easy as it might seem, to hold an event for several hundred cachers.

It looks like you've only attended two events so far, and have not held one yourself. I recommend starting out with a small "meet and greet" / local type of event, then move up to a regional, *then* go for the gusto.

Its not as easy as it might seem, to hold an event for several hundred cachers.

I may not of put on large Geocacheing events, but I have put on many large paintball event that have drawn over 300 - 600 in attendence. I've also been part of the event board of the world largest paintball event "The Oklahoma D-Day" that draws over 5000 each year. So working on large events are not a problem for me.

IdahoGI,

I'm sorry other geocachers seem to be so wary of your event. I say if you think you can do it then go for it. :D I'm all for creating more events (and larger events at that) that help spread the sport and bring those already involved together. With the timing of something like GeoWoodstock I might not be able to attend but with more large and Mega events I have more oppurtunity to attend. So thank you and I hope this event comes together nicely.

What things in the area will there be for the non-geocaching family members and guests to occupy their time?

-pauljsurfer1