geocaching for xmas gifts

MREAGLEWO1

There's a geocaching DVD that comes with a geocoin. That would be a pretty cool present.

Another idea is a voucher for their local outdoors store so they can put it towards any clothing or equipment they could use for caching and other outdoor activities.

nice ideas. Ill be considering giving them an index card or whatnot to the coordinates and having them find it. However it will be in a different container to have their gifts in so they can build their own.

regarding the dvd with geocoin, do you have a link or know where i can find it?

thanks.

A couple of years ago for my father-in-law (a prolific cacher) we did a 12 days of Christmas-themed geocaching present.

Each day for 12 days, he was given a poem hinting at his prize and a set of coordinates for where the prize could be found in and around his home-town. He had a lot of fun with it.

I don't remember everything we hid anymore but it was simple stuff like 7 travel bugs, 6 lock & locks, 5 geocoins, etc. etc.

On the final day, Christmas morning, I had arranged with our local reviewer to publish an actual listed cache I had hidden only a couple of miles from his home knowing that he loves to be FTF more than anything else. Of course I placed it 20ft up a pine (Christmas) tree.