I hate well hidden ammo cans in unique locations

I'm too tired to search, but I'm pretty sure there have been several I hate ammo cans and ban ammo can threads. Some of the banning threads were more about people who hide ammo cans without painting over the military markings and then having these show up as suspicious containers for the bomb squad to blow up, so these may not count.

I hate well hidden ammo cans in unique locations

So do these guys.....Or so I've heard. :)

02_cavemen_lg.jpg

cavemen1.jpggeico_l.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out the reference to these guys from the thread you last posted them in. They seem like the types who would enjoy smashing ammo cans and leaving the pieces others to clean up.

Exxxxactlyyyy!

We need a class of people to round up and shoot. Might as well be them. There can't BE that many. It'll save us most of the infrastructure cost of a final solution to the aesthic debate in geocaching. :D (Godwin is rolling over in his grave) ;)

Edited by Snoogans

Exxxxactlyyyy!

We need a class of people to round up and shoot. Might as well be them. There can't BE that many. It'll save us most of the cost of a final solution to the aesthic debate in geocaching. ;)

Now I am even more lost than before. Shooting people? Final Solution?

I like clever wit as much as the next guy, but I'm simply not comprehending the humour (?) here.

Did I misspeak?

Exxxxactlyyyy!

We need a class of people to round up and shoot. Might as well be them. There can't BE that many. It'll save us most of the cost of a final solution to the aesthic debate in geocaching. ;)

I like clever wit as much as the next guy, but I'm simply not comprehending the humour (?) here.

Did I misspeak?

It's people. Soylent Green is made out of people. They're making our food out of people. ... Soylent Green is people! We've gotta stop them somehow!

Oh... wait... ammo cans in unique locations. I like them.

Exxxxactlyyyy!

We need a class of people to round up and shoot. Might as well be them. There can't BE that many. It'll save us most of the cost of a final solution to the aesthic debate in geocaching. :D

Did I misspeak?

You replied as I edited my post it seems.

It's more figurative than literal....Ummm, given that the people I'm referring to don't actually exist. DANG, RK keeps tellin' me my humor is too obscure for the hoy paloy. B);):)

Edited by Snoogans

Exxxxactlyyyy!

Did I misspeak?

It's people. Soylent Green is made out of people. They're making our food out of people. ... Soylent Green is people! We've gotta stop them somehow!

Definitly NOT a member of the hoy paloy. :):D

Exxxxactlyyyy!

Did I misspeak?

Definitly NOT a member of the hoy paloy. :):D

According to one source on the Net, the backwoodsmen at the inauguration of Andrew Jackson were guests at the ball and were referred to as "The Hoy Paloy", a sarcastic reflection on the friends of the President of the US. Only the Hoy Paloy were invited and now refers to the upper social class.

I also found: Hoi polloi (Greek: οἱ πολλοί, meaning "the many") is a disparaging term for "the people" or "the masses".

So the two homonyms are antonyms! B)

Edited by TrailGators

Exxxxactlyyyy!

We need a class of people to round up and shoot. Might as well be them. There can't BE that many. It'll save us most of the cost of a final solution to the aesthic debate in geocaching. :)

Did I misspeak?

Ohhh My I need to dig that Movie up.... One of may favorites.. ;)

AND ... I like the ammo cans... Makes for plenty of fun missing a Hugh well hidden item & you can sit on them.

Exxxxactlyyyy!

Did I misspeak?

I like obscure reference to Charlton Heston.. :):DB)

I love the smell of ammo cans in the morning.. I think the challange with an ammo can is to hide it where it is well hidden. I put one in a park and I thought it pretty hard to find , one DNF so far, but this other guy hide one in an open area and the 1st 5 people had trouble finding it. My dog found it before I did. But it was fun and I wouldn't change a thing.

I love the smell of ammo cans in the morning.. I think the challange with an ammo can is to hide it where it is well hidden. I put one in a park and I thought it pretty hard to find , one DNF so far, but this other guy hide one in an open area and the 1st 5 people had trouble finding it. My dog found it before I did. But it was fun and I wouldn't change a thing.

On the contrary, I like ammo cans that are in an obvious location or plainly visible, but take some meaning to get there. I did an ammo can cache this past weekend that was positioned in between two boulders on the side of a cliff! That was a fun one. :D

Look, ammo cans are a serious problem. They are so easily muggled!

Honestly, how do you fit them under the lightpost skirts? It just can't be done! So you leave it holding up half the skirt at a weird angle... and the next thing you know, the ammo can has disappeared!

Oh. Wait. You said unique location.

Never mind.

I love the smell of ammo cans in the morning..

We had a thread on that a while back. It's aka "that ammo can funk".

(Gotta say it italicized to get the right pronunciation.)

v^v^v^v

On the contrary, I like ammo cans that are in an obvious location or plainly visible, but take some meaning to get there.

Incontrovertible proof that even with the acknowledged master-type of ALL caches, the Ammo Can (sp. Canoshooten Americanus), one man's apple is another man's orange.

There just IS no de facto 'perfect cache'. And not everybody likes Sarah Lee.

:D

~*

Look, ammo cans are a serious problem. They are so easily muggled!

Honestly, how do you fit them under the lightpost skirts? It just can't be done! So you leave it holding up half the skirt at a weird angle... and the next thing you know, the ammo can has disappeared!

Oh. Wait. You said unique location.

Never mind.

Each one IS a unique location. The 'Oversaturation Rule' demands it, thank gollies!

For instints - ever seen this'n - one o' my all time faverit hides? :

04ab2905-01c2-49e3-b844-d2112559c2eb.jpg

You ain't gonna muggle that'n -- just look at the size o' that seemint block under it!!

~*