HELP with installing TOPO 2008

groundhog123

I just received a new TOPO 2008 disc and was attempting to install this into Mapsource. Shortly after the installation begins, I get a popup window entitled "Information text" that states "The cabinet file 'Disk1'.cab required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package." If I click on "ignore" at the bottom of the window, another window pops up that reads "The error code is 2350" I am not too computer savvy and any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I have a Dell laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Edited by groundhog123

I just received a new TOPO 2008 disc and was attempting to install this into Mapsource. Shortly after the installation begins, I get a popup window entitled "Information text" that states "The cabinet file 'Disk1'.cab required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package." If I click on "ignore" at the bottom of the window, another window pops up that reads "The error code is 2350" I am not too computer savvy and any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I have a Dell laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium

I usually see this if I've downloaded the file/disk. If this is the case, try re-downloading.

If not, you'll probably need to get a replacement disk.

I usually see this if I've downloaded the file/disk. If this is the case, try re-downloading.

If not, you'll probably need to get a replacement disk.

I guess its not the disc. I was able to install TOPO 2008 onto another computer at work with no problems at all, but it will not install on my personal computer

Try cleaning your player it might help . Another option is make a copy of the original in another computer because your player may not like the media the original disk is burned on. I am kind of suspecting it's a media incompatibility issue with your player since there is another post today with what appears to be a disk read issue and if it is a burned copy will most likely, but not guaranteed, work in your computer.