Sending Caches To A Card Reader

tnfishdaddy

I have a friend I am trying to talk into trying geocaching. He has a Delorme that has an sd card with it. I want to load some caches up on an sd card and let him borrow it and give it a try. I use GSAK to load my caches up. What do I need to click to send some caches to a card reader with an sd card in it so that a Delorme gps can read it? Thanks for the help. I am just trying to get somebody else to enjoy our hobby. :laughing:

I'm not sure about the Delorme GPS, but you can always export to a .gpx file and copy/paste the file to the card though.

Just beware that you are proclaiming your intent to violate the ToU for the web site:

You may not distribute such copies to others, whether or not in electronic form and whether or not for a charge or other consideration, without prior written consent of the owner of such materials.
linky

Not quite as originally described by this op.

The powers that be have been quite explicit that the TOU only pertain to actually distributing a GPX file to other people.

1. You could, legally, beam from your Palm the contents of a Plucker database, which of course were created from your own GPX file, to someone else and the people at Geocaching.com have not said you can't do that.

2. You could share an SD card from your GPS of cache information, and again they seem to be OK with that. I think with some GPSr's the contents of a file on your SD card are the same as a GPX file so perhaps for those specific GPS's you can't share the sD card.

3. You could connect 2 Garmins, using the serial cable, that round plug, using a null modem connector at the 9 Pin Cannon connector ends, and Interface/Send waypoints from your GPSr to a friends. That would be OK as far as I remember from an old thread that I'll try to find for this discussion.

4. Some Garmins now have bluetooth. You could 'beam' wypoints from one GPSr to another.

edited to add:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...t&p=3314963 is one such thread where TPTB were actually silent on the topic. I'll have to do the searching for that other topic in my post #29 in that topic where TPTB have spelled out how they are A-OK with using LOC files for making mutually exclusive lists of unfound caches for a group.

Edited by trainlove