what is the Friends feature

mtrax

Granted, I haven't looked at it in dept, but about the only use I've seen for it is making it easy to find caching friends. I just go to http://www.geocaching.com/my/myfriends.aspx and click on their link instead of having to bookmark their profile or try to remember a cache they've done.

Outside of that, I could think of a pretty long list of things that would be nice to have... though honestly, I'd rather see a Groundspeak sponsored Facebook app then have them try to create their own social network.

Is this the platform for feature requests/enhancements?

Because there is a feature that can be valuable for geocachers caching together (aka friends :rolleyes:).

If you would be able to say "today I'm caching with my geocaching friend x, so show me all the caches near y that neither of us has found yet", you can easily go looking for caches together.

At work I have several colleagues with whom I cache during lunchtime. But it's not always the same person, so now we select a cache, manually check whether the other one has already found that cache. If so, we try to find another one. When the number of caches found increases in a certain area, this gets rather time consuming. A simple query that takes friends into account can solve our problems and is a nice feature to have (at least that's what I think).

Edited by Helgertjes