Vicious Brambles

Wintonian

Hi I've only just started caching and am redescovering the past time of being attaked by verious forms of plant life, though unfortunatly I am also redesovering why I gave it up as a kid.

With brambles savagley attaking you and trees trying to poke your eye out (one nearly succeded today) is this a secret plot amongest the plant world to overtake the planet and enslave the human race (other creatures don't seem to be in their plans,) and how do you protect yourself againts this thret. Maybe use Secateurs, fire or maybe something slightly more enviomently freindly and more with in the spirit of things like spending copius amounts in the chemist buying plasters.

Or maybe I should just go home when it gets dark.

Thanks

What we need here is a smiley wth a bag over its head (kinda embarrased I don't know )... I'm assuming that secatures are what I've heard galled "hedge clippers" over here. Kinda scary big scissors (razor sharp rusty blade and bits of dirt optional)? Sounds like a good idea to keep in a bag, but you'll fail your "Pass without trace" roll..... Now I just need a way to keep the varrious versions of the burr out of my hair.

Edited by Butterfly Fox

What we need here is a smiley wth a bag over its head (kinda embarrased I don't know )... I'm assuming that secatures are what I've heard galled "hedge clippers" over here. Kinda scary big scissors (razor sharp rusty blade and bits of dirt optional)?...

:laughing:

21697.jpg

Sounds like a good idea to keep in a bag, but you'll fail your "Pass without trace" roll...

I manage to justify their use by the fact that brambles are extremely vigorous natural predators and they laugh in the face of a little light pruning :laughing:

As for your problem with burrs, may I suggest wearing one of these when you're next out caching?...

np2612_high_comm_tb.jpg

MrsB

What we need here is a smiley wth a bag over its head (kinda embarrased I don't know )... I'm assuming that secatures are what I've heard galled "hedge clippers" over here. Kinda scary big scissors (razor sharp rusty blade and bits of dirt optional)?...

:laughing:

21697.jpg

Sounds like a good idea to keep in a bag, but you'll fail your "Pass without trace" roll...

I manage to justify their use by the fact that brambles are extremely vigorous natural predators and they laugh in the face of a little light pruning :laughing:

MrsB

Pruning shears are indispensible for trail maintenance. (Undecided at this point whether I will continue trail maintenance, but that's another story.) Locally, we have a very vigorous lily called greenbriar. I think it will take over the world. Nasty stuff. Then there are wild roses, and blackberries. Also nasty.

Once again, "two countries divided by a common language."

We call it 'tomato/ tomato' in the UK (one occerance of the word is substatuted by it's pronaciation in it's perticular country) - sorry for confusing - probobly confused you all again. Prehaps someone else might explain in a better way?

I was thinking of taking a pair out with me but thought it might not be very enviomentaly frendly - so I asume it's ok if it's only the evil brambles your sabotarging.

Also am I just paronid in thinking that the plant life are trying to take over the world ;) ??

(p.s. I am a terrable speller)