Attention Garmin 60CSX Owners

trumpettruck

Hi -

Recently I dunked my trusty Foretrex 201 in the lake (yes... it was velcroed to my wrist...).

I purchased a 60CSX and I have been using it for caching for a few days now.

I was wondering what your favorite feature of the 60CSX was so that I might discover it if I haven't already.

Thanks!

Logging water depth from a sonar.

While not exactly features, these button shortcuts got a number of pretty favorable comments when I posted them a while back; so I’ll offer them up again.

Useful button shortcuts: The ZOOM IN and OUT buttons also scroll through lists, one page at a time. Also to the top or bottom of a menu with one press. A real time saver. Pressing the FIND button twice brings up the Recent Finds page.

Another recommendation:

Customize your page sequence for the way you intend to use it. You may want to add some, eliminate others, rearrange the order. MENU MENU>Setup>Page Sequence. I eliminated the Main Menu page, because it’s easier and faster to access the Main Menu by pressing the MENU button twice. You may not be sure how you want it at first, but you can always change this later when you find out what you use frequently.

Edited by roybassist

This is more a software feature: Customized Points of Interest. They get stored on your data card which gives you virtually an unlimited number of waypoints. On my 2GB card, my 15K POIs take up about 2.5mb of space. Each POI can hold 44 characters in the title and 88 in the comment/hing section. GSAK is usually used to customized these fields en masse; although each POI can be customized individually in MapSource.

I recently found the tide charts that you can upload on top of maps and as a surfer, boy is it kewl! Downloaded for free from Garmin.

Always interested in such things!

I had a quick look in the Garmin Web Page but I must have missed the tide charts...do you have a link?

Look here, about half way down the the page is a link you can get the charts for free, not the bluewave charts, the garmin ones. have fun!