Help Needed with GSAK

CharlieCoe

I have been experimenting with different software to manage my geocaches on my pc and after experimenting with several have landed on GSAK which for the most part I really like. I especially like the split screen option which gives me a nice list of the caches and a google map.

My problem is that I can only seem to show one cache at a time on the map. I would like to be able to select a number of caches from the list at the top of the screen and see all the caches at one time. I have tried checking multiple boxes, I have tried doing the typical CTL-click and SHIFT-click to select multiple lines, I have looked around the options and, yes, even read some of the GSAK help.

I would really like to look at a map and see where a bunch of caches are so I can plan my day. At this point this is the only thing keeping me from using GSAK full time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When I'm planning a day out somewhere I just print the map from Geocaching.com.

I'll find a cache in the area I'm going to, click on the second map window and then zoom to the appropriate level so that I get the caches I want, and then print that out.

Makes it easier to plan a route that way.

When I'm planning a day out somewhere I just print the map from Geocaching.com.

I'll find a cache in the area I'm going to, click on the second map window and then zoom to the appropriate level so that I get the caches I want, and then print that out.

Makes it easier to plan a route that way.

1) Filter the caches that you want to see on map.

2) Send to GPS Unit.

3) Export to mapsource to view on map. OR

4) Export to Streets and Maps

I have been experimenting with different software to manage my geocaches on my pc and after experimenting with several have landed on GSAK which for the most part I really like. I especially like the split screen option which gives me a nice list of the caches and a google map.

My problem is that I can only seem to show one cache at a time on the map. I would like to be able to select a number of caches from the list at the top of the screen and see all the caches at one time. I have tried checking multiple boxes, I have tried doing the typical CTL-click and SHIFT-click to select multiple lines, I have looked around the options and, yes, even read some of the GSAK help.

I would really like to look at a map and see where a bunch of caches are so I can plan my day. At this point this is the only thing keeping me from using GSAK full time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to explore the macro library a bit more. I think you might like myGMEv3. There are other mapping macros also.

Jim

Thank you all. I found 2 macros that really helped me get what I want. They are:

HTML_Google_maps_nearest.gsk and

myGMEv3.gsk

Both are great tools for GSAK and thanks also for turning me on to the GSAK forum. Folks are really helpful there as well.

Now I just need to find time to go out geocaching rather than playing with all these cool toys at home.