Suggestion, Re: TRACKABLES

Donald, Daisy and Kids

In the time we have been caching we have seen several trackables (boins and bugs) go missing.

Not only missing because of muggler's but all too often it seems that they go M.I.A. because a new cacher has taken it/them and does not know how to log them through the site, so they just hang onto them........

We recently had a spate of what seemed like coin and bug theft from the caches around our area and we have just discovered after reading many many logs for the caches, that one new cacher had taken them all.

We contacted that cacher and he said that he didnt know how to log them, so we offered him some help, in person or by email, which he has not replied to.

We then proceeded to ask the cacher if he could just drop them into a cache in the area and let us know which one so that we can collect them and place them into caches, log them, and get them re-circulating.

There was also another instance of similar nature in another township 300Km away, but the cacher who had only logged 3 caches had found another 6 caches, and had taken TB's or coins from each of the 6 caches, and obviously didnt know how to log them so didnt bother, and just stopped geocaching, now his email address is not active, so the (at least) 6 trackables have gone M.I.A.

Our suggestion would be that there should be a guide to the logging of caches and trackables which would be placed onto the site and which would have to be read when new cachers register, and we think that it would also be a great idea to have some sort of easily seen "link" (maybe LARGE, BRIGHT and FLASHING would be good :laughing: ) for the logging of trackables, which would also include a brief description of how to log it, and then have a section to log the trackable below that, and the page would also have another link to a more detailled description of how to log trackables.

You do know that printed on every Travel Bug tag is:

Do not keep me!

88I am a Travel Bug

8Help me travel from

888cache to cache

888888 Visit

www.Groundspeak.com

88to learn about me

and how to help me on

8my next adventure

And that there is a trackable link on the left side of every page on GC.com?

I figure folks who can read and are actually interested can get the info already. It's featured pretty prominently now. But even more prominently would be okay too. COINS seem to be harder to grasp than TBs, just that small "trackable @ geocaching.com" - easy to miss