Headed to Chicago for TG week

Team Chinook

Spending a glorious week in the Chicago suburbs w/ family. Will need to get out often to stretch the legs ang geocache. Can anyone suggest some family friendly caches either in downtown or out in the Rolling Meadows area for diversions?

Thanks!

-Team Chinook

You might want to post your question on www.GONIL.org.

Spending a glorious week in the Chicago suburbs w/ family. Will need to get out often to stretch the legs ang geocache. Can anyone suggest some family friendly caches either in downtown or out in the Rolling Meadows area for diversions?

Thanks!

-Team Chinook

Just north of where I-90 and 294 intersect by Rosemont, there is a forest preserve that myself and a friend geocached in while I was waiting for my wife to do a one day school in Rosemont. I don't know if it's all considered one preserve or not, but it runs north and south along the west side of 294. I think it would keep you busy doing all of the caches there. Maybe someone from that area could fill you in a little more about the area.

Great suggestion. Hopefully I can talk a rel into making the 8mi drive w/ me. Thanks!

Beverly just because it's GC28 and they just don't get much older.

TMA

Take a relative that enjoys a brisk winter walk. It's not a horrible hike, but if memory serves it was .5 miles each way? With some moderate elevation gains in spots. It'll be chilly for sure, but I went out in November myself. And it was beautiful.

TMA

Well, that was a great cache! Yes the walk is a bit long - particularly for my kids in the cool weather. Appreciated the head's up as I would never have found this cache given all of the choices near Rolling Meadows.

Grabbed the virtual of the Bean this evening in Chicago and hope to bang out a bunch tomorrow.

Happy Turkey Day to all!

Great suggestion. Hopefully I can talk a rel into making the 8mi drive w/ me. Thanks!

Beverly just because it's GC28 and they just don't get much older.

TMA

Take a relative that enjoys a brisk winter walk. It's not a horrible hike, but if memory serves it was .5 miles each way? With some moderate elevation gains in spots. It'll be chilly for sure, but I went out in November myself. And it was beautiful.

TMA