COINTEST: See Post 54! The Geocacher's Road Atlas

Rockin Roddy

I feel like a proud papa, Oakcoins and I worked together to bring you a new geocoin, The Geocacher's Road Atlas Geocoin!

Coin is a hinged road atlas type design with the map of the USA in the center, a list of the different cache types on the back and the front is made to look much like a Rand McNally road atlas! I'll try to get a picture as soon as I can! Coins are antique nickel and antique bronze with the 3-D raised center "map" featuring locations of the first cache, GS headquarters, GW 2008, 1st Annual GW, MWGB 2008 and GCF 2008. All of the major highways across the USA are marked in red. The front has 4 pictures detailing different regions of the USA (desert, country, city and a boat sailing on a lake), these are accented by the colors of the geocaching logo filling in around the 2-D raised pictures. Coin is 1.75" x 1.25" closed and opens to a nice 1.75" x 2.75" when opened...and these are nice and hefty!!

Coins are trackable and have their own custom icon!!

I was sent a few of each metal, but I'm not sure what to do. I plan to gift a few of these to some really special people, leaving me a very few with which to do as I please. Anyone have a suggestion?? I could truly use some money for personal reasons, but I'm not good with ebay. Besides, there are so many great people in here, maybe I should just give them away in cointests?!? Of course, I like to trade when I get the scarce opportunity too...what to do, what to do...

Stupid camera will not cooperate, but picture in post #10!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

I think they've offered these at a great price too!

THANKS for the kind words! I had told Tod about this idea way beck when, we were just worried no one would have interest so it took a bit to approach Oakcoins! They did an AWESOME job!

I must add, when you hold these in your hand, they scream quality! The hinges work beautifully, they feel very smooth and aren't flimsy feeling in any way! The coin has a lip so the sides close together perfectly while allowing the 3-D inside "pages". Well done!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

The coin has a lip so the sides close together perfectly while allowing the 3-D inside "pages". Well done!

Wow!! These turned out really awesome!!

Glad the lip idea worked well. I wasn't sure how well it was going to line up with the hinge to let it close properly when I was desinging them. Definately a technical challenge that the mint was able to pull off well. :shocked:

D-man :anicute:

Nice coin, couldn't resist. If it gets here in time it will be in a stocking, if not I am going to have to come up with something about why I had to have it. Isn't there a saying when holiday shopping "one for you, two for me". Well this one and bewitched would be my two. :laughing:

Now I have something to look for in the mail. Maybe I'll even be motivated to get the mail on the cold wet weather days.

I am a newbie and can see this getting the best of my control.

I'm so happy for ya, Roddy! I know you've been wanting to do this one for a while!

Here's a pic hotlinked from Oak's page!

geocoin_roadatlas_AG.jpg

That tiny picture does these coins NO justice. Mine came in the other day and I regret only buying one, this is an awesome coin, great job :D

....wish I had it with me on my roadtrip :D

The coin has a lip so the sides close together perfectly while allowing the 3-D inside "pages". Well done!

Wow!! These turned out really awesome!!

Glad the lip idea worked well. I wasn't sure how well it was going to line up with the hinge to let it close properly when I was desinging them. Definately a technical challenge that the mint was able to pull off well. :D

D-man :D

Yes, these worked out great, well done! I am amazed how well this was put together...and with only thoughts and suggestions. You brought my idea to life almost exactly as I envisioned it!!

THANKS for all the kind words everyone! I will be trying to get some trades set up soon, so email me if you are interested!!

Nice Coin :D I saw the pic on the pre-sale page. Is there a Canadian version in the works?

Yes, ditto that. Hey Rod if you aren't interested in doing another for the Canadians....may I suggest someone whose done some amazing design work recently....Theotokos!!!! What say mate?

Let me work on this with my friends from Oakcoins and see what they think...hang on!!

Rockin Roddy, YOU ROCK!!! These coins are awesome. They will be a hit -- I will be ordering one in each color!!

BTW here is the link to where they are: http://www.geoswag.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/pre34.html

Heidi

Wow! I really want a couple of these. I can't locate where to get them. Help please!

Edit to add...Hi there, you coinkidnapper you! Thank You for taking good care of my GeoToken, and giving it such a great tour!! Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT