Geocacher Magazine status?

Doctor A

Amazing that Michael Jacobus is still trying to keep up the illusion that he's going to publish something again. Has anyone tried to publish a link to this forum on his Facebook Page?

No. You trying to get me in trouble? :anibad:

I don't have a facebook account, but he has whatever settings set up so I can see the wall and all the posts. I really do believe though that out of the over 2,000 people who have friended him, most of them either think they've friended FTF Geocacher Magazine, or just friended someone with "Geocaching" in their name, and don't know that he's only published one issue 3 years ago, and haven't given him any money.

Amazing that Michael Jacobus is still trying to keep up the illusion that he's going to publish something again. Has anyone tried to publish a link to this forum on his Facebook Page?

No. You trying to get me in trouble? :anibad:

I don't have a facebook account, but he has whatever settings set up so I can see the wall and all the posts. I really do believe though that out of the over 2,000 people who have friended him, most of them either think they've friended FTF Geocacher Magazine, or just friended someone with "Geocaching" in their name, and don't know that he's only published one issue 3 years ago, and haven't given him any money.

i put a link to this formum on the Facebook Page Wall for all to see, with a message about him having facebook take my "Geocacher Magazine does not exist ?" page offline.

you can see it here http://www.facebook.com/geocachermagazine . so far he hasnt taken it off, but that is probably because he knows i have been quite vocal highlighting all the gaps in his stories of late publication and because many have commented on my remarks removing me know would prove the points i have been makeing. ie everytime somebody gets to focal he deleted there access from the page or removes their ability to post further.

he needs taking offline. Look at his website www.geocachermagazine.com. he is still selling subscriptions and taking money off people with no magazine in return :-(

I paid for a sub and received the lone issue. Pretty expensive <_< Seems like fraud IMHO

As a Geocaching Business owner, I am appalled at how this has been handled over the years, and that he's trying to dupe more cachers all over again. Very frustrating IMHO. Looks like the Facebook link to this forum thread has been deleted too.

Has anyone contacted the Better Business Bureau??

no the link is there is there - click on the 'everyone filter' on the wall.

I live in UK. Better Business Bureau is probably like the UK Equivelent of "Trading Standards" ie you complain about companied missleading/misselling or scamming/defrauding people ?

wonder if the better business bureau would take a complaint from the UK ?

no the link is there is there - click on the 'everyone filter' on the wall.

I live in UK. Better Business Bureau is probably like the UK Equivelent of "Trading Standards" ie you complain about companied missleading/misselling or scamming/defrauding people ?

wonder if the better business bureau would take a complaint from the UK ?

I don't see why not... Business is business... We have many international customers and are members of the BBB. If there are complaints action should be taken.

I filed a complaint with the BBB. BBB CASE#: 11018232

Lets see if i get my money back this way...

He needs to come clean instead of traeting people with contempt because they complain they have not received what they asked for :-(

Good Job! I agree. Wouldn't hurt to cross post this on the Facebook page?? Perhaps others will join in.

I am amongst the growing list...I haven't rec'd my magazine. I put a comment on his facebook page, but it got deleted. I can't believe that he still puts posts on his facebook page and updates it regularly. I guess he should focus that energy on getting this magazine done.

Have any of you subscribed to FTF Geocacher Magazine. It appears to be on the up and up. I've received all issues from last year and renewed. The issues are higher quality each time.

That is a different magazine, not to be confused with Geocacher Magazine. Similar name.

I think we should mount a letter writing campaign to the FTC naming this publisher and Paypal and let

the Feds investigate this sad state of affairs.

-RKO

Spring is 3 months long, and one of those has almost gone already. Do yoiu really think it will materialise ? :-)

Ill Health. I wouldnt believe it... Apparently he moved home, his family and changed job. Not bad going for someone suffering from ill health ?

I got my money back through the 'chargeback process' with my credit card company. I paid by paypal, so the card company refunded me and made it paypals problem to get the money back from him. Considering Paypal wont accept complaints after 45 days at least they couldnt ignore the card company, if they were able to ignore me.

As for better business beureau. I lodged a complaint and so far he has ignored it. He's just been sent a second reminder.

Contemptuous and short of fraudulent activity ??

Has anything else happened since the last post, or is everyone still without a refund or second issue?

From reading the facebook page Everyone is still waiting for the magazine or their money back... no change, same old excuses, and still taking money under false pretences it seems..

he rapidly deletes any negative comments and followers making such. Easier to do that than admit what he is ?

Has anything else happened since the last post, or is everyone still without a refund or second issue?

From reading the facebook page Everyone is still waiting for the magazine or their money back... no change, same old excuses, and still taking money under false pretences it seems..

he rapidly deletes any negative comments and followers making such. Easier to do that than admit what he is ?

I completely forgot about this clown (as everyone should). I do remember he appointed a new "interim editor" on or around November 1st 2011. The new "interim editor" talked the talk pretty well in his update on Facebook. Even claimed to "clear the que" of Paypal complaints.

So I'm expecting nothing to happen, and no magazines to ever be published. Hey though, it was pretty cool when I got his website taken down for a month or so, wasn't it? :lol:

By the way, last I heard, Jacobus had a Facebook page soliciting donations to send him to South Africa for a few months. Career con artist this guy is.

Edited by Mr.Yuck