The WORST idea for a geocoin

Lemon Fresh Dog

Okay - first rule: You are NOT allowed to mention EXISTING geocoins.

That had to be stated :laughing:

I've seen some posts and have seen some sites selling "geocoins" which are.... um.... well.... odd.

So, I thought it might be kind of funny to have a thread on what you would consider the worst idea ever for a geocoin. (fictional - not real)

I hope this can stay fun and funny - if not, I trust our moderators to lock it up! :laughing:

Who knows... maybe we'll get another set of "Screw Geocoins" out of this thread :laughing: (the old timers know what I'm talking about)

Here's my picks:

1) Funeral Home Geocoin. For all the caches you are allowed to bury!

2) Drug Addiction Geocoin. Combine all your favourite addictions into one!

3) Private Property Geocoin. The coin for the places where you can't place caches! (part of the series: "Railroad Geocoin", "Powerline Geocoin" and "Elementary School Playground Geocoin"

Does this Stone look out of place Geocoin. Take one smooth pebble and a permanent marker pen and write on the tracking number number, not forgetting to add track at etc. Place Geocoin with blank side uppermost next to your favourite caches. Only Geologists will know if it should be there or not, since I have a gravel driveway I must be a geomillionaire now - 'cos they come untrackable too :laughing: Ooops can we mention that !

Edited by Tooey

:laughing: I do not know what geocoins are out, but how about an aspirin geocoin?? :laughing: Well just in case you have a headacke from the difficulty of finding a cache.... :laughing:

Or... a hair comb saying comb the area to find that cache!!! :huh:

or.... a coffin that opens and inside will write....FTF :laughing:!!! Jesus!!!! :huh:

or even a gravestone that on it you can write a message or.... :laughing:

Die Signal Die ! Geocoin (Signal is tied to a railway track and a train approaches)

I love pathtags ! Geocoin (with multiple holes stamped in it)

Jaa Jaa Brinks Geocoin

Hitler/Stalin Geocoin

Paris Hilton Geocoin

New Kids On The Block Geocoin

Windows Vista Geocoin

Edit to apologise if I have crossed over the line with the Vista geocoin

Edited by haysonics

Die Signal Die ! Geocoin (Signal is tied to a railway track and a train approaches)

I love pathtags ! Geocoin (with multiple holes stamped in it)

Jaa Jaa Brinks Geocoin

Hitler/Stalin Geocoin

Paris Hilton Geocoin

New Kids On The Block Geocoin

Windows Vista Geocoin

Edit to apologise if I have crossed over the line with the Vista geocoin

Well we just had another wildfire blow through town (from the east side of town this time) so I'd say a "I got my butt singed in the last fire" geocoin would not go down well in these parts.

Or how about the "I lost my house in the fire will you send me a free geocoin?" geocoin.

TeaFire.jpg

Edited by Droo

*snip*

or maybe the "assault rifle geocoin" commemorating automatic weapons.

I would definitely buy these!

Also the Osama coin that no one can find? Hilarious. You wouldn't even have to go through the trouble of minting the coin. A little bit of Photoshop and some friends of a brother-in-law who claim to have found one and you're in business! I wonder how long it would take to get the rumors started...

:laughing: Ok, something else.... A piece of chockolate (shaped geocoin), but it will have a worm coming out!!!!

Now that's an idea... trackable chocolate. Perhaps the Hershey edible coin series? Seriously, I didn't lose the geocoin, I ate it... :laughing::laughing:

Of course, I'd hate to find one of those in a cache in the summer here in the southern U.S.... Nestled right beside the log book... yuck! :laughing:

What about the "decomposing animal geocoin" series of coins designed to resemble deceased animals and birds. And the special edition "Road Kill" geocoin.

or maybe the "assault rifle geocoin" commemorating automatic weapons.

How about a LAB RAT series. A different version for each different disease they test on it. The XLE could be the one that makes it through a maze

Sorry meant to say;

No perfect, a Vista Coin on one side and Mac on the other with different tracking numbers on each side. :laughing:

Just like the adds on tv.

Where the Mac tracking no would ease you through the process and do most of the log for you, the PC one would ask if you are sure that you want to discover this coin before putting it somewhere you'll never find it :laughing:

Sorry meant to say;

No perfect, a Vista Coin on one side and Mac on the other with different tracking numbers on each side. :laughing:

Where the Mac tracking no would ease you through the process and do most of the log for you, the PC one would ask if you are sure that you want to discover this coin before putting it somewhere you'll never find it :laughing:

Sorry meant to say;

Nah.......the PC one would turn blue and die........then ask if you wanna send an error report....... :laughing:

Okay - first rule: You are NOT allowed to mention EXISTING geocoins.

That had to be stated :laughing:

I've seen some posts and have seen some sites selling "geocoins" which are.... um.... well.... odd.

So, I thought it might be kind of funny to have a thread on what you would consider the worst idea ever for a geocoin. (fictional - not real)

I hope this can stay fun and funny - if not, I trust our moderators to lock it up! :laughing:

Who knows... maybe we'll get another set of "Screw Geocoins" out of this thread :laughing: (the old timers know what I'm talking about)

Here's my picks:

1) Funeral Home Geocoin. For all the caches you are allowed to bury!

2) Drug Addiction Geocoin. Combine all your favourite addictions into one!

3) Private Property Geocoin. The coin for the places where you can't place caches! (part of the series: "Railroad Geocoin", "Powerline Geocoin" and "Elementary School Playground Geocoin"

How about the "Stealth" geocoin. It costs a lot of money to make because it can't be seen! :laughing:

those are not allowed? :laughing: wouldn't know it from the placements here!

mine would be for trackable sterling silver pudding micro geocoin with pillcam insert - tracking it's jaw breaking or gut wrenching journey online via youtube to the Final log :laughing:

wasn't there a flashing coin? where is rudolph the rednose flashing geocoin this xmas?

pps the pill coin was done and there is an edible chocolate untrackable oh what the heck - i'll go ask to get it approved and scratch in the numbers!

Edited by forthferalz