Forum Topics

Mr'D

In local forums, we do tend to allow this type of topic, but not a lot of them. A little off-topic banter among local cachers can be fun, as shown in that topic. It would not be as fun or as regional specific if it was sent off to the Off Topic Forums. Everyone would naturally jump in. It allows local cachers a chance to interact with each other and have some fun. While we try to keep things on geocaching for the most part, some off topic discussion will slip in and some will be closed.

Unfortunately, it is the whim of the moderator I guess.

Milkbones make the world go round, that's what I always say. :laughing:

Milkbone.jpg

Milkbone happy!

Edited by mtn-man
Trubble maker - get thee out und place a few more of dem micros :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Who? Me? :laughing::laughing::huh:

My question was not intended to cause trouble Ian, just trying to understand matters. So in this instance it was 'first come first served'?

If I or another cacher now started a similar thread here, would that be deemed excessive?

It allows local cachers a chance to interact with each other and have some fun.

There are regional forums in the UK who exist purely for that purpose.

So in this instance it was 'first come first served'?

If I or another cacher now started a similar thread here, would that be deemed excessive?

Similar topic? No. That would be sort of pointless. Like I say, it is reviewer discretion. I am sure we would give an explanation, and it is all a case by case basis.

It allows local cachers a chance to interact with each other and have some fun.

There are regional forums in the UK who exist purely for that purpose.

If you want, I could ban you from posting here so others could enjoy this little touch of freedom here. :laughing:

OK, I'm just kidding. :laughing: Moderator humor is so dry at times. :laughing:

I am glad there are other forums for some of that. We have them in my area too. I (and Groundspeak) think we can give a little latitude for discussion. We want to see where that goes. If it goes too far, you know we will let you know. In the Geocaching Topics forum though, off topic posts are not as welcome and are moved off to Off Topic or are closed (and that usually depends on whether the original poster was a premium member or not, since non-PM's cannot see the Off Topic section). It is called "Geocaching Topics" for a reason, of course.

People here want a little room for discussion. We don't have a problem with that. "A little room for discussion" doesn't mean "no holds barred". Somewhere in between is were we hope to be.

Not sure if it helps, but thanks to the wonders of Wikipedia;

Milk-Bone is a brand of dog treat. It was created in 1908 by the F. H. Bennett Biscuit Company, which operated a bakery on the Lower East Side of New York City. Originally named Maltoid, the biscuit was a bone-shaped treat made from minerals, meat products, and milk. Sometime between 1915 and 1926 the biscuit was simply named "Milk-Bone", owing to the high composition of cow's milk. In 1931 the bakery was acquired by the National Biscuit Company (now Nabisco). The biscuit was the only Bennett product carried over after the acquisition.

Over the next few decades, the Milk-Bone was expanded to include a number of different flavors. The marketing focus was also shifted from Milk-Bone being merely a dog treat to a product that promoted cleaner teeth and better breath.

Milk-Bone is a brand of dog treat. It was created in 1908 by the F. H. Bennett Biscuit Company, which operated a bakery on the Lower East Side of New York City. Originally named Maltoid, the biscuit was a bone-shaped treat made from minerals, meat products, and milk. Sometime between 1915 and 1926 the biscuit was simply named "Milk-Bone", owing to the high composition of cow's milk. In 1931 the bakery was acquired by the National Biscuit Company (now Nabisco). The biscuit was the only Bennett product carried over after the acquisition.

Over the next few decades, the Milk-Bone was expanded to include a number of different flavors. The marketing focus was also shifted from Milk-Bone being merely a dog treat to a product that promoted cleaner teeth and better breath.

Great.. :laughing: cleared that up then!

:laughing::laughing::laughing: