Problem w/60CSX

Kayak Kouple

I have noticed this happen to my 60CSX 2 times & I am wondering if anyone else has had the same problem & if there is a fix....

I have set a goto to a certain cache....when at GZ I have set the gps down to let it settle down & have searched for the cache.....After a short time I return to look at what it say & the compass needle is gone & all other info is not there as if I had turned off the goto

This has happen to me twice like I've said & would like to know if this is something I should be alarmed about or not..

Another question.....When I am following a route I have entered into my GPS if I go off that route to look for a cache along the way & go back to the route It has me go back way to the beginning of the route.....Anyway of fixing this

Thanks in advance

I have noticed this happen to my 60CSX 2 times & I am wondering if anyone else has had the same problem & if there is a fix....

I have set a goto to a certain cache....when at GZ I have set the gps down to let it settle down & have searched for the cache.....After a short time I return to look at what it say & the compass needle is gone & all other info is not there as if I had turned off the goto

This has happen to me twice like I've said & would like to know if this is something I should be alarmed about or not..

Another question.....When I am following a route I have entered into my GPS if I go off that route to look for a cache along the way & go back to the route It has me go back way to the beginning of the route.....Anyway of fixing this

Thanks in advance

If you forget to switch to Off-Road mode, it will, once you get near the cache area, mark your status as "arrived" on the map page (with a checkered flag icon), and halt navigation. There's no set distance for this. It seems to use some speed/distance algorithm to determine arrival.

Edited by Prime Suspect