Another new mystery coin giver?

paganfrog

I got to see a cache reaper coin at MWGB...the copper is even mehr schon (sorry, no oomlaut!)

ILYK

edited to add I think I got the deutsch correct, but I managed to mispell sorry :(

Your german is very good :anibad:

It's not perfect, but german is a very difficult language to learn and every german people can understand what you mean :blink:

My respect for people who try to learn it.

WOW!!! The Cache Reaper is in The Netherlands!!

I have seen him for split second

This is my story in Dutch and English:

Hoewel we pas terug zijn van onze vakantie-trip door de staten Californie, Arizona, Nevada en Utah in de USA, met een gemiddelde temperatuur van boven de 30 graden Celsius en meer dan 260 gevonden caches moeten we toch weer hoognodig in ons koude kikkerlandje op pad om de meegenomen Amerikaanse TB's en Coins droppen.

Hier in Amsterdam is niet veel meer aan caches bijgekomen dus we gaan op zoek naar een mooi stukje natuur.

We zijn van plan om naar Brabant te gaan, afstanden zijn immers geen probleem meer na onze reis door de USA ;-)

Eerst brengen we een bezoek aan team Benyvonne en gaan gezamelijk op pad naar cache GCJNRY.

We kleden ons allemaal goed aan om de kou, regen en hevige wind te trotseren.

Het eerste punt wordt snel gevonden en op naar het volgende punt.

We kletsen, kijken rond en ondanks het onaangename weer zien we de mooie herfstkleuren, paddenstoelen, zelfs een wegrennende eekhoorn.

Alle waypoints worden gevonden en we gaan op weg naar de stash!

Maar dan wordt het plotseling stil...akelig stil....Marjon krijgt koude rillingen, er is geen zuchtje wind en geen regen meer.

Wat gebeurt er? Plotseling ziet Marjon een shadow en gilt keihard zodat iedereen ervan schrikt.

Niet alleen wij schrikken maar ook de shadow schrikt en verdwijnt als of hij er niet is geweest.

De wind waait weer door onze haren, de regen klettert op onze hoofden en de kou is weer te voelen.

We staan stil en weten even niet wat te doen. De shadow stond ongeveer op de plaats waar de cache ligt. Gaan we door?

Natuurlijk, shadowmen...spoken bestaan toch niet...

Op de plaats van de cache vind Marjon de openstaande box en daarnaast ligt een koper kleurige munt. Was het wel een shadow of toch een dief die gevlucht is???

Marjon bekijkt de munt en schreeuwt dat de Cache Reaper bij de cache was. Hij is geschrokken van de gil en heeft zijn munt laten vallen. Is de Cache Reaper dan toch ook in Nederland actief ?

Although we have just returned from a 4-week holidaytrip through California, Arizona, Nevada and Utah in the USA, enjoying an average temperature of 30 degrees Celcius (and finding over 260 geocaches...) we felt the urge of looking for some new caches in our own cold and wet country; after all we had to find a new place for the 13 American TB's and geocoins which we took with us back to the Netherlands.

Since there are very few new caches around our hometown Amsterdam, we decided to drive to our most southern province Brabant; it's about a 70-mile drive but who cares about distances after travelling the USA [:laughing:].

First of all we visit our family, team Benyvonne and after a coffee we went off to the cache GCJNRY.

We have to dress up warm, since it's typical Dutch weather today.... cold, lots of rain and stormy too.

Chatting and caching the time ticks away; despite the poor weather we enjoy the hike in the forest with its autumn-colours, mushrooms and a lonely squirrel....

fter finding all waypoints we can finally go and look for the stash.

But then, suddenly it is getting quiet around us... extremely quiet even... the rain has stopped and even the wind has gone.

What is going on ? We do not feel comfortable at all... the silence is giving us creeps all over...

At once Marjon discovers a dark shadow behind a tree; she gives a loud shout so the rest of us are even more scared.

It seems that Marjon's shouting also scared the shadow, as he disappears even faster than he showed up.

The wind starts blowing again, the rain is pooring down just like before, and we even feel colder than a minute ago.

Scared as we are, we wonder what to do ? The stash seems to be right at the place where Marjon spotted the shadow.

Yeah right, dark shadows and ghost...; ghosts do not exist... or do they ?

Well, we decide to go on and we find the stash; that is easy since the box is wide-open !

Was it really a shadow, or just and ordinary ripper? Suddenly Marjon finds a copper-coloured coin right next to the box; she picks it up and shouts: "the CACHE REAPER was here !!".

Obviously he was scared by Marjons first shout and must have lost his own coin.

We heard stories earlier about the CACHE REAPER, but did not expect him to show up in the Netherlands.

Well, it looks like he is moving around.... so please be careful !

Wooohoooo jeaaaah yippppiieee.

I have found one of this great coins in Germany.

Since month i read the forum and watch the post. I waited for the chance that i can found some day one of this great coins in a cache.

The last weeks it was a hot time to read the logs. The Cache Reaper was in the netherlands. Thats near by Germany and my heart beats higher.

And this weekend i found a post in a cache near my hometown.

I stopped all my actualy doing run to my car and drive as fast as i could to the cache-location where i have seen the visit from the Cache Reaper.

I open the box and i found this great coin. This was one of the greatest moments at my cache careers. I´m so happy and full of power that i have looking for some other caches ;-) this day.

Thank you so much to "lose" one of your great coins.

Greatings René

Wooohoooo jeaaaah yippppiieee.

I have found one of this great coins in Germany.

Since month i read the forum and watch the post. I waited for the chance that i can found some day one of this great coins in a cache.

The last weeks it was a hot time to read the logs. The Cache Reaper was in the netherlands. Thats near by Germany and my heart beats higher.

And this weekend i found a post in a cache near my hometown.

I stopped all my actualy doing run to my car and drive as fast as i could to the cache-location where i have seen the visit from the Cache Reaper.

I open the box and i found this great coin. This was one of the greatest moments at my cache careers. I´m so happy and full of power that i have looking for some other caches ;-) this day.

Thank you so much to "lose" one of your great coins.

Greatings René

Wauwwii Congrats crazybear and honey.

It's great to see the Reaper in Germany, but it's very bad, that i don't have a car, so i can't get to the caches the Reaper visits <_<:anibad::lol:

But nevertheless I'm happy that you found one of them crazybear and honey :lol:

Maybe the Reaper will come near my area, so i can reach the coin with my bike...

You won't believe this!

Found this Fantastic Coin here in Portugal!

With tough really knowing what it was until I search for it here in the forum.

I’m really happy it’s a beauty, straight to my collection. It's the copper version. :blink:

I guess I was in the right place at the right time.

Thanks a Lot!

I am a little late in reporting this but I acquired a lovely silverish version at Bowling with the Hobo in Morgan, UT the night before GCF. It was just lying on the table beside my coins and Marky said "Hey you missed picking up one of your coins". I must thank Marky for not picking it up first to hand to me or he would of gotten it. It is a very nice addition to my collection.

I had read about the Cache Reaper and when he posted that he was attending a local event I couldn't wait to meet him! At least maybe he would drop off a coin! I was in charge of the door prizes and I had them all in a large container, pulling out one at a time... at the bottom of the bin was a very nice, evil looking coin.... I knew what this was! But, was it mine? Who placed it in there? I was in charge of the container and I saw no one go near it. I realized that, no it was not mine to keep but to give away to a lucky cacher in attendance. (and everyone there could see the disappointment on my face!) The coin went to a retired couple who were new to caching. They didn't know what a rare coin it was and couldn't understand why everyone was going crazy over it. A few days later we talked to them and they were both very excited about winning the coin and how much it meant to them. So I was glad they got the coin! ( When I first started caching, I found a Geocoin Fairy coin and had no idea what it was... months later I was told how rare it was and lucky to find it!)

A few months ago I received notification that the Cache Reaper had visited one of my caches.. a cache that was well over an hour away and located on the edge of one of that area's oldest cemeteies. The location is very close to a well traveled interstate but far enough off the road to be by itself. Unfortunatly I work until pretty late and thought that there would be no way I could get there before someone else to see if he left his calling card. I talked my wife into heading over there just to see if it was possible. We arrived well after dark and the misses said she would wait on me in the car while I checked the cache out. I didn't need a flashlight due to the fact I knew my way to the cache and the moon was full so it lit up the area pretty good. I made my way to the cache and heard my wife walking around a little ways from me (she has a bad tendency to look at tombstones while I look for caches). I had my back to her and could tell she was standing right behind me so I asked her why she was not in the car but she didn't answer me. I grabbed my cache (it is a miniature coffin, with room for small trade items) and there it was!!! I had me a Cache Reaper Coin right in my hand!!! Being warm out, the first thing I noticed was how cold the coin was.. as if it had been in some ice! but no matter, I was so pleased!! By that time I could see her figure in the distance, I yelled for my wife to come and see what I had found but she wandered off past some very old graves (that date from the 1700's) .. I thought, geeze, we will be here all evening... so I walked back to the car to get a flashlight and go look for her..... the only thing was... my wife was sitting in the car! I asked her when did she get back here and she looked at me like I was crazy and said " I have never left the car"..... I don't know who or what was with me, but I can tell you one thing, I will never go back there after dark! When I got home I checked my cache page and the Cache Reaper's log had been deleted.

If you want something, make it well known and you just might get it.... but hopefully you won't have the excitement that I did in retrieving it.

Edited by bone shaker

I had read about the Cache Reaper and when he posted that he was attending a local event I couldn't wait to meet him! At least maybe he would drop off a coin! I was in charge of the door prizes and I had them all in a large container, pulling out one at a time... at the bottom of the bin was a very nice, evil looking coin.... I knew what this was! But, was it mine? Who placed it in there? I was in charge of the container and I saw no one go near it. I realized that, no it was not mine to keep but to give away to a lucky cacher in attendance. (and everyone there could see the disappointment on my face!) The coin went to a retired couple who were new to caching. They didn't know what a rare coin it was and couldn't understand why everyone was going crazy over it. A few days later we talked to them and they were both very excited about winning the coin and how much it meant to them. So I was glad they got the coin! ( When I first started caching, I found a Geocoin Fairy coin and had no idea what it was... months later I was told how rare it was and lucky to find it!)

A few months ago I received notification that the Cache Reaper had visited one of my caches.. a cache that was well over an hour away and located on the edge of one of that area's oldest cemeteies. The location is very close to a well traveled interstate but far enough off the road to be by itself. Unfortunatly I work until pretty late and thought that there would be no way I could get there before someone else to see if he left his calling card. I talked my wife into heading over there just to see if it was possible. We arrived well after dark and the misses said she would wait on me in the car while I checked the cache out. I didn't need a flashlight due to the fact I knew my way to the cache and the moon was full so it lit up the area pretty good. I made my way to the cache and heard my wife walking around a little ways from me (she has a bad tendency to look at tombstones while I look for caches). I had my back to her and could tell she was standing right behind me so I asked her why she was not in the car but she didn't answer me. I grabbed my cache (it is a miniature coffin, with room for small trade items) and there it was!!! I had me a Cache Reaper Coin right in my hand!!! Being warm out, the first thing I noticed was how cold the coin was.. as if it had been in some ice! but no matter, I was so pleased!! By that time I could see her figure in the distance, I yelled for my wife to come and see what I had found but she wandered off past some very old graves (that date from the 1700's) .. I thought, geeze, we will be here all evening... so I walked back to the car to get a flashlight and go look for her..... the only thing was... my wife was sitting in the car! I asked her when did she get back here and she looked at me like I was crazy and said " I have never left the car"..... I don't know who or what was with me, but I can tell you one thing, I will never go back there after dark! When I got home I checked my cache page and the Cache Reaper's log had been deleted.

If you want something, make it well known and you just might get it.... but hopefully you won't have the excitement that I did in retrieving it.

Whoa....what a great and scary story...:(

Congrats bone shaker :D

After visiting a friend :rolleyes: I decided to visit a place I have not been to in several hundred years. Because of the change in the area I had to stop by the visitors center for information. I found a cache at the same location and dropped a coin from my cloak. If anyone finds it, let me know. The cache is GC1M5BE

Edited by The Cache Reaper

After visiting a friend ;) I decided to visit a place I have not been to in several hundred years. Because of the change in the area I had to stop by the visitors center for information. I found a cache at the same location and dropped a coin from my cloak. If anyone finds it, let me know. The cache is GC1M5BE

Closest one yet but still hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours away.

After visiting a friend ;) I decided to visit a place I have not been to in several hundred years. Because of the change in the area I had to stop by the visitors center for information. I found a cache at the same location and dropped a coin from my cloak. If anyone finds it, let me know. The cache is GC1M5BE

445 miles west of me...not sure I have enough gas... :rolleyes:

Has anyone got this one yet? I love reading the stories and the new copper version is awesome!

I forgot to tell you a story.

At november 22th a mysterious voice in my head told me to turn on the computer, so i turned it on.

I visited some websites, but after 10 minutes the voice inside my head told me to check my mails.....and what did i find?

A message, that The Cache Reaper has visited a cache just 14 km from my homecoords.

I was shocked,,,,what if the coin isn't there anymore? What if another cacher was faster than me?

But the mysterious voice told me to calm down and go to the cache.

Said....done.

As i arrived in the little, dark forest, where the cache was, a stormy wind started to blow.

I was a little bit frightend, but the voice in my head told me again to walk to the cache, so i did.

I opened the little cache container and looked at the logbook....and he was really there....The Cache Reaper.

But....huh....where is the coin? :rolleyes:

And the last time this day the voice in my head told me to kneel down and look under the construction, which holds the container.

And now guess, what i found there....A Cache Reaper Coin.

The voice in my head whispered "congratulation", the wind did a heavy blow and then calmed down.

I never heared the voice before this day and i think i will never hear it again.

And all this happened atGC1ZTPW

Thank you Cache Reaper :ph34r:

And congrats Bell Witch on your own coin...it's beautiful :o

I hope you two and of course every other cacher on the world has a great christmas

I forgot to tell you a story.

At november 22th a mysterious voice in my head told me to turn on the computer, so i turned it on.

I visited some websites, but after 10 minutes the voice inside my head told me to check my mails.....and what did i find?

A message, that The Cache Reaper has visited a cache just 14 km from my homecoords.

I was shocked,,,,what if the coin isn't there anymore? What if another cacher was faster than me?

But the mysterious voice told me to calm down and go to the cache.

Said....done.

As i arrived in the little, dark forest, where the cache was, a stormy wind started to blow.

I was a little bit frightend, but the voice in my head told me again to walk to the cache, so i did.

I opened the little cache container and looked at the logbook....and he was really there....The Cache Reaper.

But....huh....where is the coin? :rolleyes:

And the last time this day the voice in my head told me to kneel down and look under the construction, which holds the container.

And now guess, what i found there....A Cache Reaper Coin.

The voice in my head whispered "congratulation", the wind did a heavy blow and then calmed down.

I never heared the voice before this day and i think i will never hear it again.

And all this happened atGC1ZTPW

Thank you Cache Reaper :ph34r:

And congrats Bell Witch on your own coin...it's beautiful :o

I hope you two and of course every other cacher on the world has a great christmas

Congrats! That's a great story with a very happy ending.

What does it mean?

Today started out like every other day, well not quite, had to get some blood work and an EKG done this morning so there was no coffee or breakfast for that matter; not that there anything wrong just that age thing (the fellows at work have started to give me advice like don’t buy green bananas).

Then on the way into work I had 10 deer cross in front of me, I had to stop and observe this phenomenon. I’ve taken this road to work for 30 years and never have I seen deer just walkout and cross the road like that.

And when I got home tonight I checked the mailbox, “Yippee” 3 mailers but as I pulled them out I noticed that the hair on the back of my neck started to go up, my eyes were a little out of focus, I even felt woozy as I walked back to the house.

One of the mailers was addressed to me but it had no return. Now I swear there was something written in that top left corner of the envelope when I had removed it from the compartment. The hair stood right on end and at this point and I ripped the package wide open. Out fell the contents onto the table, something hit hard but what I saw first was the newspaper and possibly a ghostly figure that ran across the pages, were they the obituaries, my heart fluttered thank goodness it had been checked earlier and that I could take this trauma, but no it was the sports pages …whew… I cleared away the paper to look for the article that had made such a racket only to find this……..

001-4.jpg006-1.jpg

The Cache Reaper has gifted me this amazing coin…….. But what does it mean; maybe I shouldn’t buy those green bananas after all.

Thank you Cache Reaper :lol:

What does it mean?

Today started out like every other day, well not quite, had to get some blood work and an EKG done this morning so there was no coffee or breakfast for that matter; not that there anything wrong just that age thing (the fellows at work have started to give me advice like don't buy green bananas).

Then on the way into work I had 10 deer cross in front of me, I had to stop and observe this phenomenon. I've taken this road to work for 30 years and never have I seen deer just walkout and cross the road like that.

And when I got home tonight I checked the mailbox, "Yippee" 3 mailers but as I pulled them out I noticed that the hair on the back of my neck started to go up, my eyes were a little out of focus, I even felt woozy as I walked back to the house.

One of the mailers was addressed to me but it had no return. Now I swear there was something written in that top left corner of the envelope when I had removed it from the compartment. The hair stood right on end and at this point and I ripped the package wide open. Out fell the contents onto the table, something hit hard but what I saw first was the newspaper and possibly a ghostly figure that ran across the pages, were they the obituaries, my heart fluttered thank goodness it had been checked earlier and that I could take this trauma, but no it was the sports pages …whew… I cleared away the paper to look for the article that had made such a racket only to find this……..

001-4.jpg006-1.jpg

The Cache Reaper has gifted me this amazing coin…….. But what does it mean; maybe I shouldn't buy those green bananas after all.

Thank you Cache Reaper :lol:

Ha Ha wonderful Ted and copper too!

It started the way most of these stories begin, with a chill in the air... The Little Spookies were restless as we drove home from our errands. The sky was clear but there was the feel of an impending storm in the air. It was after noon and the mailman had made his rounds. We stopped to check the box. Spooky 4 pulled out the envelopes and handed them to Spooky 2. "Junk, Junk, magazine, letter for you... what did you buy?" she asked. "Nothing," I replied, "let me see it." Hand lettered address written in an unfamiliar script... Hmm... Something was inside, so it wasn't more junk mail... Who was it from? The return address looked familiar... ... Oh wait that's my address! I sent this to me! Or did I? The plot thickened, or maybe just congealed like yesterday's oatmeal.

Hmm... A letter to me, from me... That I didn't send... With something small and heavy inside... Only one thing came packaged like that! I tore the envelope open, and there, staring back at me, was THE REAPER! *insert Jarring Chord here* Well, I must say I was pleased as punch! You see, I have been on very friendly terms with Spooky (BIG Spooky, The Real Reason To Fear The Night) for several years now and was eager to meet this fellow traveller of his. We made introductions all around, and invited The Reaper home for some cookies. He didn't seem to get the point of the cookies (The ethereal always seem to have trouble with that whole digestion thing), but sat politely by while the Little Spookies ate them for him. We invited him to stay as long as he liked and set him up in the binder next to Spooky. I think they will get along fine. Thank you, Cache Reaper!

3204511a-069c-4813-ba27-b0cfcab74653.jpg

-Spooky Meets the Cache Reaper-

(Somewhere Stephen King breathes a sigh of relief to learn that I am no threat to his literary prowess.)

It started the way most of these stories begin, with a chill in the air... The Little Spookies were restless as we drove home from our errands. The sky was clear but there was the feel of an impending storm in the air. It was after noon and the mailman had made his rounds. We stopped to check the box. Spooky 4 pulled out the envelopes and handed them to Spooky 2. "Junk, Junk, magazine, letter for you... what did you buy?" she asked. "Nothing," I replied, "let me see it." Hand lettered address written in an unfamiliar script... Hmm... Something was inside, so it wasn't more junk mail... Who was it from? The return address looked familiar... ... Oh wait that's my address! I sent this to me! Or did I? The plot thickened, or maybe just congealed like yesterday's oatmeal.

Hmm... A letter to me, from me... That I didn't send... With something small and heavy inside... Only one thing came packaged like that! I tore the envelope open, and there, staring back at me, was THE REAPER! *insert Jarring Chord here* Well, I must say I was pleased as punch! You see, I have been on very friendly terms with Spooky (BIG Spooky, The Real Reason To Fear The Night) for several years now and was eager to meet this fellow traveller of his. We made introductions all around, and invited The Reaper home for some cookies. He didn't seem to get the point of the cookies (The ethereal always seem to have trouble with that whole digestion thing), but sat politely by while the Little Spookies ate them for him. We invited him to stay as long as he liked and set him up in the binder next to Spooky. I think they will get along fine. Thank you, Cache Reaper!

3204511a-069c-4813-ba27-b0cfcab74653.jpg

-Spooky Meets the Cache Reaper-

(Somewhere Stephen King breathes a sigh of relief to learn that I am no threat to his literary prowess.)

This coin reminds me of the Dead Like Me tv show. I could just see the reaper blowing a big pink bubble with her gum. Also, makes me think... maybe I shouldn't have eaten that needlessly spicy Jambalaya earlier... could have fatal heartburn tonight. :ph34r: . Nah... I'll be alright.