Another new mystery coin giver?

paganfrog

Last week I got an interesting log on one of my caches. A certain Cache Reaper had been there... I couldn't resist the temptation and went to check it out. And yes, it was really true: a nice geocoin was waiting in the cache to be picked up.

Thanks Cache Reaper for visiting my cache and leaving this beautiful coin!!!

Nice finds yet AGAIN! <_<

This pic sure makes it shine...The brushed finish is PERFECT!

TheCacheReaper_1.jpg

TheCacheReaper_2.jpg

One of SICKEST Mystery coins out there! SLASH HARD and SLASH ON! :laughing:

I agree! This is a great picture...I never knew what 'brushed' finish was...is it different than antique?

lorca.nl and geoerror...you two are brave souls. what a great adventure you went on! Congratulations!

The Reaper certainly gets around!

Reminds me of the Dead Like Me TV series. Do the coins come attached to, or wrapped in, yellow sticky notes with a name and time on it? You'd have to be a fan of the series in order to get the inside joke.

The reaper is welcome to raid my nighttime cache any time 'it' pleases.

After several days in bed because of the flu I needed some fresh air. In the afternoon I checked the map for available caches in the “Bollenstreek” (Dutch area with the tulips in springtime) and my eyes found got “Waterghost” It seemed to be nice: nature area, do not forget your boots.

Next morning the weather was fine, even some sun. It was a new, young forest, rather wet. On my way I saw a rather angry face on a tree.

The wind picked up and I got a nasty feeling. Why is it called “Waterghost” Normally your cache description would tell you, but this time it did not. Do I have to go to left or right? The stash was not easy to find, thorns were already hurting my legs. Maybe take a look at the hint? No need to hurt yourself. Walk around another time and yes. The GPS’r pointed around 30 meter to the other side. A little bit to the side I saw a cavity in a tree:

Fantastic, s small coin, named The Cache Reaper guarded the cache!!

The logbook confirmed that this underworld cacher had been here the night before.

He wrote in Dutch: Nu de vorst vertrokken is kan ik weer goed aan de slag. Regen is mijn ding en zo kon ik mij vannacht ongezien voortbewegen.

De watergeest was geen partij voor mij .....................

Slash on …………..

The Cache Reaper

I’ll try to translate again: Now the ice has melted, I'm able to reap again. I Love rain, tonight it made it possible to move around without being seen.

The waterghost was an easy victim .....................

I left a lump of unactivated gold for the next cacher. I did not note that in the log. It is nice being surprised!

0efc151e-eb9a-49ff-912a-4b3f53332727.jpg0e177cb2-9489-4cab-b87e-f57152cfb878.jpgthecachereaper.jpg

Without going back through the entire thread, The Cache Reaper posted on Feb 8th and again today but his/her post count is still just 1. Do posts from the underworld not count as a post?????? or did they just fly below the radar. :D

i think it is part of a time/space continum. the post numbers just disappear.

nice coin from the cache reaper. :blink:

congrats to all the those slashed.

Edited by UFgatorgirl

Without going back through the entire thread, The Cache Reaper posted on Feb 8th and again today but his/her post count is still just 1. Do posts from the underworld not count as a post?????? or did they just fly below the radar. :D

death don't count :D ......they slash and scare you :D

Don't invite him to come cache by you :D

Here the fear hangs still around. :blink:

It is just he is still wandering around in my heck off the woods :ph34r:

His cloaking abilities are starting to scare me more and moreIsn't a girl safe to go in the woods anymore? I need to get a dog.

a dog won't help :D .....they run with you from fear :blink:

i have proof...we most put error at a league....other wise he was run away.

That poor dog was sooooo scared.

So cachers..................look out where you all wish for. :D

I know :D

woooooow, this one is absolutely my taste.

i don't fear the reaper, it's awesome!

congrats to all the new reapers outside...

Hallo nebukatneza,

sind in deiner Nähe einige tolle Caches, ich bin wahrscheinlich in Hessen in den nächsten Monaten.

Slash On!

The Cache Reaper

oh, this would be a surprise...:D

vielleicht gefällt dem cache reaper ja dieser hier...GC1DGT7

His cloaking abilities are starting to scare me more and moreIsn't a girl safe to go in the woods anymore? I need to get a dog.

a dog won't help :( .....they run with you from fear :ph34r:

i have proof...we most put error at a league....other wise he was run away.

That poor dog was sooooo scared.

So cachers..................look out where you all wish for. :D

I know <_<

Now, geo.error, I don't know what kind of dog you have there.

But my Nyssa is a German Shepherd out of a working breed kennel of my mother and she wasn't scared at all.

Only watchful and observant!

Cause she had to come along with me tonight. I left the kids at home, I wasn't too sure, wether it would be safe for them.

But Nyssa had to come, cause otherwise I'd be way to scared on my own!

76e00e59-06f2-42a8-879f-65ca92e483a5.jpg

Why I went in the dark and rain out into the woods you wonder?

Now guess what!

The Cache Reaper visited my area and left one of his coins in a night cache aptly named "Einmal durch die Hölle" Which translates to Once through hell! :yikes::D:shocked:

But he was here:

131956f5-75fb-4822-8bd8-41773ef77bff.jpg

I found it and had to change at home, cause I got quite wet. Surprisingly enough this is not a hot and black hell, but a wet and muddybrown hell!

bc972e94-2219-4489-ac73-cfd9333596e9.jpg

See my log and some pictures here:

This was my log!

Thank you, Cache Reaper!

This will always be a very special coin in my collection! :anicute:

hey ElliPirelli, don't insult my dog :shocked:

I bet the cache reaper was far away when you arrive nearby the cache <_<

Duh :anicute:

Your Nyssa most be just so scared as our error if the reaper is nearby :(

or her noise does not work :yikes::D

But i most say...................... ElliPirelli..you are a brave woman :D to going cache while you know a creapy man is wandering around. :ph34r:

Congrats with your find :D:D:D

hey ElliPirelli, don't insult my dog :anicute:

I bet the cache reaper was far away when you arrive nearby the cache :(

Duh <_<

Your Nyssa most be just so scared as our error if the reaper is nearby :D

But i most say...................... ElliPirelli..you are a brave woman :D to going cache while you know a creapy man is wandering around. :D

Well, creepy men don't scare me, when I have my Nyssa with me. She isn't scared at all! :shocked:

But you're right, one shouldn't go into the woods all alone. Even if I spot the most wildlife, when I'm on my own.... Mostly deer...

And how would you know, wether the Cache Reaper wasn't near, he might check on who's risking their lifes for a great coin. :ph34r:

hey ElliPirelli, don't insult my dog :anicute:

I bet the cache reaper was far away when you arrive nearby the cache :D

Duh <_<

Your Nyssa most be just so scared as our error if the reaper is nearby :D

But i most say...................... ElliPirelli..you are a brave woman :D to going cache while you know a creapy man is wandering around. :D

Well, creepy men don't scare me, when I have my Nyssa with me. She isn't scared at all! :shocked:

But you're right, one shouldn't go into the woods all alone. Even if I spot the most wildlife, when I'm on my own.... Mostly deer...

And how would you know, wether the Cache Reaper wasn't near, he might check on who's risking their lifes for a great coin. :(

Congrats friend...well deserve :D

And i love...................to tease you back :D

you always tease me :ph34r:

So a whhottttt for you :D

Hi all,

holy, what should i say/ write down?

Since a few days, Castle Man, stands in my house. We made a lot of Trips. We saw some realy great places in Germany, like Munich, Stuttgart, Castle Neuschwanstein and much more. We made some great Caches and had much fun. He tasted a lot of Food. I learned to make the real american Pancake like Grandma Style (i love it) <_< . Also he made a really great Burito for us, to Breakfast, wooooow!

So we (Mambomania and I) made yesterday a special Event ->

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...=y&decrypt= for him.

It was a large one, i think so. It was really much fun. We made a lot of pictures, so everybody who meet him, was allowed, to discover the Coin of his Shirt. I call it "Castle Man meets Europe". He got it as a present from me, to remember his Journey to Europe.

The Place was a really great one, in the Style of Middleage. (Thank you Mambo)!

When i stopped, making pictures, i found a great letter, with two Coins on it. The Cache Reapper -> http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...8c-6a72ac8fc50c was there! :D (Pictures are coming).

But nobody saw him?! Hey, there ware so many people! I can´t believe! How did he make this? Thank you so much Cache Reaper, for this nice looking Mystery Coin! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!! :D

Edited by matlock75

yaahhooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, that creepy mysteyrman man is still wandering around. :D

:D watch your back :D

congrats Matlock and castle man ;):D:D:D

Ohhhh, it was me and Mambo. Castle Man is jealous, i think so. :huh: Finger Cross, that he wanna get some time one! :D

sorry :unsure: wwhhott congrats Matlock and mambo :D:D

mmmmmm creepy man with scythe , please think at Castle man, let's give him also the creeps. :o

Fingers crossed B)

Ohhhh, it was me and Mambo. Castle Man is jealous, i think so. :D Finger Cross, that he wanna get some time one! :unsure:

Yeahhaaaaaa! In deed it was Matlock75 and me, Mambo(mania)!

What an amazing thing! I also didn't see who has placed these two coins on our table. :D Anyhow!

THANK YOU SOooooooOOOOooo MUCH!!!

soul_reaper.jpg

At last there's only one thing to say:

Don't fear the Reaper ! He rockz!!! :D:D:D

:D :D :D

Bogus :huh::o;)

Edited by Mambomania

Listened to the song this morning (Don't fear the reaper) what a cool song, we love it. We like to say we are so glad you got the chance to meet the Castle Man himself, we have not had that priveldge yet, someday we will. We have communicated many of times via the computer. He is such a amazing man. What a honor it would be if we were him and went there to Germany and to know that there was a Event in honor of his time there. What a awesome way to get a chance to meet so many geocachers while traving and on vacation seeing the sights of Germany. Sounds like it is many cherable moments to remember for a life time. We are glad you are having a wonderful time Castle Man. We like to congrads Matlock75 and Mambomania for being totally suprised by the grip reaper himself. Love to hear that a mystery person like that can slip into attending a event and never be seen. Keep up the good work Grim Reaper:)

A side note: We had a blast seeing all the pictures of the event that was put on in Germany for Meeting Castle Man. We are sure that since Casle Man didnt get lucky and find one of these Reaper coins, it doesnt matter to him, the awesome expereinces he got being there is more then enough were pretty sure about that. Thanks for sharing with all of those that like to see that could not be there but be there in Spirit. We sure felt like we were. :unsure:

Edited by sweetlife

Listened to the song this morning (Don't fear the reaper) what a cool song, we love it. We like to say we are so glad you got the chance to meet the Castle Man himself, we have not had that priveldge yet, someday we will. We have communicated many of times via the computer. He is such a amazing man. What a honor it would be if we were him and went there to Germany and to know that there was a Event in honor of his time there. What a awesome way to get a chance to meet so many geocachers while traving and on vacation seeing the sights of Germany. Sounds like it is many cherable moments to remember for a life time. We are glad you are having a wonderful time Castle Man. We like to congrads Matlock75 and Mambomania for being totally suprised by the grip reaper himself. Love to hear that a mystery person like that can slip into attending a event and never be seen. Keep up the good work Grim Reaper:)

A side note: We had a blast seeing all the pictures of the event that was put on in Germany for Meeting Castle Man. We are sure that since Casle Man didnt get lucky and find one of these Reaper coins, it doesnt matter to him, the awesome expereinces he got being there is more then enough were pretty sure about that. Thanks for sharing with all of those that like to see that could not be there but be there in Spirit. We sure felt like we were. :huh:

Thank you!

You´re right! I´m really happy, that Jim was more then a friend, staying in my house. We all are missing him very much. I got the feeling, he is my brother! Hopefully i wanna meet him once again! Jim, thank you so much, for this great week! I didn´t have words for it! :(

Edited by matlock75

A side note: We had a blast seeing all the pictures of the event that was put on in Germany for Meeting Castle Man. We are sure that since Casle Man didnt get lucky and find one of these Reaper coins, it doesnt matter to him, the awesome expereinces he got being there is more then enough were pretty sure about that. Thanks for sharing with all of those that like to see that could not be there but be there in Spirit. We sure felt like we were. :huh:

Thank you!

You´re right! I´m really happy, that Jim was more then a friend, staying in my house. We all are missing him very much. I got the feeling, he is my brother! Hopefully i wanna meet him once again! Jim, thank you so much, for this great week! I didn´t have words for it! :(

AWww...Makes me wanna shed a tear for your Matlock, that is how it is for a couple dear friends we have and what is keeping us apart is the miles. Yu are so lucky to have met him and hope you get a chance to see him again some day. Jim travels alot so you never know he may just suprise you some day. The farewell goodbye had to have been really hard. We hate saying goodbye's Glad you had a great time while he was there to visit you .