The Fynbos Finders

CapeDoc

I will probably do the 'Dark George' hike with a hiking group tomorrow. Anyone keen to join, please send me a message through my profile or look up my details in the WC database. Meet 7:00am at the helicopters parking lot in Newlands Forest.

Which caches are on the hit list? Psalm 119? (or is that not Dark Gorge?)

I would be keen to join along with Die-Swart-Kat...

Good! Looking Forward to meeting you guys!

The walk takes you past " In hindsight", "Newlands forest upper contour path" and up to "Dark George". Will will have tea at "For the view".

I am keen to do psalm119 again though if you want to organize an expedition.

Edited by CapeDoc

e30192c2-10a6-4706-8e9f-252f9d52fd87.jpg

Kloof Corner Difficult with Discombob

The possible route:

Traverse Reverse 4.5 Terrain

Kloof Corner Medium 4.5 Terrain

Kloof Corner Difficult 5 Terrain

India Venster 4 Terrain

Frodo's 4.5 Terrain

Please note that one needs to have a fairly high level of fitness to do these caches and a good head for heights as there is a fair bit of exposure.

Team Terunkie gave me a tip-off about this forum and i like it already. Always nice to keep each other in the loop.

So if the group doing this hike isnt to big already then i'd like to join you guys???

Keep well!

The Great Front-face Traverse Extravaganza

We'll be meeting at the start of the Pipe Track on Tafelberg Road at 6am on Sunday morning.

Weather is looking good, no rain and a light breeze predicted.

Temperature on top of the mountain max. 12 degrees - bring a warm top.

Also a Cable Card or Wild Card if you have either, for the cable car down.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

The Great Front-face Traverse Extravaganza

We'll be meeting at the start of the Pipe Track on Tafelberg Road at 6am on Sunday morning.

Weather is looking good, no rain and a light breeze predicted.

Temperature on top of the mountain max. 12 degrees - bring a warm top.

Also a Cable Card or Wild Card if you have either, for the cable car down.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

OK after much consideration (and praying for bad weather)... I'm in! Hope it doesn't change into the "Great red-face reverse" for me...

Please tell me Mr Pooks is just kidding around here and that this is not what's to be expected...

IMG_4129.JPG

See you there - I think...!

If there's still space available, I'd like to join in on Sunday's hike if possible?

Just need to kick the flu, which I'm sure I can do by then...

Will be great to see you again.

I'm taking the easy way up - will be walking iThemba Walkathon against breast cancer and will see everybody at the top later.

Andre and Andy will be leading the group up.

Today is the 7 November 2012, but it has nothing to do with America, badges, belts or Magnetic post boxes.

Does anyone remembers the Earth cache "Mirror, mirror on the wall"? (GC22ZC8)

It is another excellent Earth Cache by Sterreman but to make a long story short, here is part of the cache description:

You can also share in this experience by doing this EarthCache. To see the reflection you need to be at the designated coordinates within about week around 04 February @ 19h00 or around 07 November @ 18h30. If you cannot make it then but you want to hunt down the reflection at some other time, this image can be used as a guide for where and when to see it (or get this GPX-file accompanied by this list to do your own detailed predictions). Note that these are only guidelines (allow about a week and ten minutes around the predicted dates and times). Visibility also depends on local conditions like clouds around the Sun or low on the mountain which will spoil it. Having a printout of this picture (reflection arrowed) with you will help you to know where to look. (Note: the mountain looks slightly different from different angles.) Also note that you can lengthen the visibility period slightly by using binoculars. Although it is ideal to see the reflection when doing this cache, it is not mandatory to qualify for "Found it".

I will happily drive (with a smile) into the traffic jam on the N1 and try to be at GZ at 18h30.

Will I be the only one?

Jeez go away for a few days and look what you lot are concocting! Would love to join but unfortunately the 8/9th is my only option...dry.gif The 15-17th is a long weekend - we'll be away huh.gif (but make my vote a "secondary" one as I'll have surgery on the 3rd and might not even be able to do something so strenuous 6 days later).

If Andy goes this weekend we can still reserve the date for a group assault of a different kind... ph34r.gif

Seems like Saturday will be good: 0.4mm rain in the morning and a temperature of around 27 Deg.

Meet at Kylemore Secondary School S33 55.407 E18 57.412 to start at 6am when we will travel in a few vehicles along the jeep track.

The cache owner had this to say when we contacted him when the cache was published:

The best will be to have one car take you up as close as possible to the start of duiwels kloof and then park the other cars at the school closest to the end of volstruiskloof. This way you save about 2.5h walking time.

Edited by cownchicken

39f48596-0e96-4694-ab5d-1a042d404abf.jpg

My link

On Saturday morning 19th January we'll be meeting at 7am to do this cache using a cherry picker. The cost of hiring the machine will be just over R1,200 - we therefore have to ask anybody who is interested in joining us to pay a proportion of the price. The more people we can get the cheaper it will be. Please let us know if you will be attending.

39f48596-0e96-4694-ab5d-1a042d404abf.jpg

My link

On Saturday morning 19th January we'll be meeting at 7am to do this cache using a cherry picker. The cost of hiring the machine will be just over R1,200 - we therefore have to ask anybody who is interested in joining us to pay a proportion of the price. The more people we can get the cheaper it will be. Please let us know if you will be attending.

Hi Andre

Eks definatief in en is bereid om my bydrae te lewer. Baie dankie vir die reelings wat jy tref!

Cheers

Jan