MISSION: Penguins Last Minute Christmas Countdown Mission

Butterfly_lady

Names received, couldn't find any lists - but checked the profiles.....there were but a few of the coins being sent in my stash. Pretty sure neither of my recipeints have one of the coins I am sending.

Ready to go - maling tomorrow.

Thank you for organizing this mission. My cards are going in padded mailers - and the recipients will see why.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays one and all!

Got both my missions :huh: I must READ mission rules more carefully as I didn't realize that we are supposed to send 2 coins per envelope, wow! Four coins from someone whose collection is still in transit from Canada. I hope some that I've ordered get here soon!

duh, I still can't read! I didn't know we were getting two people per mission. that's what i meant!

Edited by gardengorilla

Got both my missions :huh: I must READ mission rules more carefully as I didn't realize that we are supposed to send 2 coins per envelope, wow! Four coins from someone whose collection is still in transit from Canada. I hope some that I've ordered get here soon!

duh, I still can't read! I didn't know we were getting two people per mission. that's what i meant!

No, TWO only coins required to complete this mission.

One coin per card. Two cards sent to separate recipients.

Total = two coins. Two cards, Two postages....

Email sent.

Just got my two missions today!!!!

I started shopping for this one before I got my names due to the limited amount of time that we have to send these. THANKFULLY, the ones that I had picked out will do just fine for my recipients. Just waiting on them to arrive in the mail, and then I will get these missions out...

Heidi

Yes, both my missions are ready to send!

Today I received some coins I bought from an US forummember. One of them fitted perfectly with one of my guest. Just one more small sea to cross for these litlle fellows.

I had done more shopping before hand so for my other guest there is also a nice coin. This one has to go a lot further. It will become a summer Santa :huh:

I mailed both my coins today. Canada Post wasn't fooled into thinking they were just cards, in spite of the cardboard I used to try to disguise the coins. She made me pay the package rate, but it was still very reasonable. As long as they hold off on their planned strike, all should be good. This was fun, and the anticipation and waiting is even more fun! Merry Christmas and thanks for organizing this Butterfly_lady :huh:.

Mine went off in the mail today!!

It only cost 50 cents more to ship the christmas card overseas than it did to ship it across the USA.

Had no problems shipping them as is (Christmas card w/ coin in envelop). I did have to fill out a customs card for the overseas one, but no big deal as I'm used to that. Postman recommended I list medallion instead of novelty coin. He commented that some see the word 'coin' and it's a instant flag to something that could be valuable inside.

I hope my recipients like what I sent. :D

Now I'm excited to see who got my name!!! More so than the coins! :)

Had no problems shipping them as is (Christmas card w/ coin in envelop). I did have to fill out a customs card for the overseas one, but no big deal as I'm used to that. Postman recommended I list medallion instead of novelty coin. He commented that some see the word 'coin' and it's a instant flag to something that could be valuable inside.

Oops, I just handed it over the counter and they put postage on but didn't say anything about a customs form :D

I hope it makes it okay; if not though I will send a replacement.......

Although my daughter decorated the envelope really cute, so it will be hard to duplicate :)

Edited by burgessfour

Oops, I just handed it over the counter and they put postage on but didn't say anything about a customs form :D

Although my daughter decorated the envelope really cute, so it will be hard to duplicate :)

I asked them about the customs form at the post office I went to and they said it didn't need one for a card.

I asked them about the customs form at the post office I went to and they said it didn't need one for a card.

Thank you Maine Family!

Got both my missions :) I must READ mission rules more carefully as I didn't realize that we are supposed to send 2 coins per envelope, wow! Four coins from someone whose collection is still in transit from Canada. I hope some that I've ordered get here soon!

Email sent.

yup, got it now :) It's just that I signed up for two separate missions so that makes for four coins in total. gardengorilla must learn to read :D

Got both my missions :) I must READ mission rules more carefully as I didn't realize that we are supposed to send 2 coins per envelope, wow! Four coins from someone whose collection is still in transit from Canada. I hope some that I've ordered get here soon!

Email sent.

yup, got it now :) It's just that I signed up for two separate missions so that makes for four coins in total. gardengorilla must learn to read :D

Yup - I got it too......

GG & CB signed up = 2 missions for that family.

Edited by Butterfly_lady

Had a bit o luck,, both my names are far, :D ,both have coins out the woo haa, :) neather have lists, :) , but i think i found someone local who can fill the order and should have my coins by this week end for shipment. :D cutting corners where ever possible to get coins for this mission faster..he he , :D ,plan in motion, :) , tell the pengs thank for the chalange ..it was fun searching like a mad man for a solution- to short time frames...lol

p.s. made me think this was a puzzle mission. he he he

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

I wouldn't have needed one if the coin was not in the envelop. And as I have a stack of them at home anyways, the extra two minutes to fill it out and bring it along was no big deal.

I finally got my mission cards mailed off today - and I'm going to let you peek at what I sent.... because you don't know who is getting it

Drum roll - hot off the mint.....

Coinside2600x400.jpg

The 2008 Kiwi geocoin is finally out, and I held my missions back until these arrived.

Where are they going - somewhere other than NZ....

OMg as an expat Kiwi (currently exiled in cold wet windy England) I've got to get myself one of those, so if I'm not your swapee can you let me know where I can get one from??????

I finally got my mission cards mailed off today - and I'm going to let you peek at what I sent.... because you don't know who is getting it

Coinside2600x400.jpg

The 2008 Kiwi geocoin is finally out, and I held my missions back until these arrived.

All I can say is WOW! very nice!

OHHH wow... love that new Kiwi coin... I have my fingers crossed it's coming to oz :D

Got both of my letter off, and as bothe are heading far, far away, the lady at the post office had me fill out a green slip for customs... and I was explainging to her I was hoping to get a coupleof nice pressies in return, any coins are good coins :laughing: the Flippers will be happy with what ever comes our way.. but that NZ one is great :rolleyes:

cheers

Gayle & Mark

Well I got my names, both really difficult for me.

I just hope I'll find something they like...

Haven't finished with research yet.

Today a thick christmas card arrived in my mailbox. No sender, no idication, what it might be. Well, apart from Royal mail...

But guess what, the penguins are much quicker than I expected:

Got a lovely polar bear and penguin card, with a picture card of Wales, a pin with German and Wales flag AAAAAAND a Celtic Spoon! In one of my favourite colours!

Oh me gosh, did you hear me squeel?

That is one cute coin, which I had seen in the shop, but for one reason or other didn't get.

Now I've got it from the penguins (which is litterally to take, as my card came from Eclectic Penguin.... :D )

Thank you soooooo much, Eclectic Penguin and Butterfly Lady!

penguinmission1io2.jpg

Coinside2600x400.jpg

OMG...that is very stunning and just love it...Thanks for being so kind in sharing this coin with us Butterfly Lady.

Coinside2600x400.jpg

Wow!! That is one cool looking coin! I can understand wanting hold back the mission until you got those sweet beauties! I'm sure whomever the recipients are, they will be very happy.

WOW! Please post where they will be on sale! I like it a lot!

Apparently international sales began today and these coins can be purchased by emailing NZGEOCOIN at GMAIL dot COM - but don't quote me on that.