MISSION: Penguins Last Minute Christmas Countdown Mission

Butterfly_lady

1. E-mail Sent: 19 Nov 2008

2. Names Received: 1 Dec 2008

3. Missions Sent: 10 Dec 2008

4. Missions Received: One of two 10 Dec 2008/ Two of two, got it 13 Dec 08

I want to thank sweetlife for the translucent, and again thanks to the German cacher for the Compass Rose.

I truly hope all who receive my coins enjoy them.

the brewmeister

I came home from work and WooHoo! my first mission received but my heart sank right away when I saw the gapping hole ripped into the envelope :) I'm hoping everything made it I received two coins and a badge from kurdogso Thanks!

100_1467.png

Your very welcome! I think you got all the contents (I sure miss my memory) I do know you got the coins that were in the envelope. Glad I mailed early it took a while.

Alicia of Kurdogso!

I came home from work and WooHoo! my first mission received but my heart sank right away when I saw the gapping hole ripped into the envelope :) I'm hoping everything made it I received two coins and a badge from kurdogso Thanks!

100_1467.png

Your very welcome! I think you got all the contents (I sure miss my memory) I do know you got the coins that were in the envelope. Glad I mailed early it took a while.

Alicia of Kurdogso!

That's good to hear it all arrived I was surprised to see anything in the package as the hole was twice the size of the coins Thanks for the coins!

Today me second Penguin Mission arrived. It went through customs and was opened by them.

Probably didn't like the singing mechanismen of the card...

Well, I must say, I can't fault them, the card even states that it is anoying... :)

"You know those holiday songs that get stuck in your head and repeat over and over and over for weeks?"

Actually, I don't know this song it is playing very well, but I recognized it straight away....

Inside were beside the music a shiny Denver minted Colorado quarter, two compass rose tokens and a

What would Signal do? Coin.

Thank you very much, my secret Santa Oh, No! My secret penguin from Brighton, Colorado.

You are right, I don't have that coin and those tokens are very welcome! They will be given to my two children together with their new coins for christmas. So they will get something from my mission as well.

penguinmission2qr1.jpg

w550.png

penguinmission1jm4.jpg

Today me second Penguin Mission arrived. It went through customs and was opened by them.

Probably didn't like the singing mechanismen of the card...

Well, I must say, I can't fault them, the card even states that it is anoying... :)

"You know those holiday songs that get stuck in your head and repeat over and over and over for weeks?"

Actually, I don't know this song it is playing very well, but I recognized it straight away....

Inside were beside the music a shiny Denver minted Colorado quarter, two compass rose tokens and a

What would Signal do? Coin.

Thank you very much, my secret Santa Oh, No! My secret penguin from Brighton, Colorado.

You are right, I don't have that coin and those tokens are very welcome! They will be given to my two children together with their new coins for christmas. So they will get something from my mission as well.

penguinmission2qr1.jpg

w550.png

penguinmission1jm4.jpg

glad to see it finaly made it...I had a hard time figuring what coin to give you.. hope you like it! Merry Christmas Ellipirelli

p.s. a dj has to send music in his cards,,:),lol

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

6ff226b0-265c-405e-8724-100c40390d3d.jpg

I got a nice card today from Brewmeister! With christmas greetings in German on it :lol:

Thanks a lot for the Fountains Abbey coin, I like it a lot! The way in which the abbey is drawn in metal and different shades of grey has a great effect!

And I will surely drink one or two mugs of Glühwein to your health, Brewmeister! ;):D:ph34r:

For the record: one of my missions has been received, and I received one so far. Thanks, Butterfly_Lady for organizing all this fun for us!

Yahoo! Got my first-ever coin mission in the mail today from Kurdogso (small world as I was their secret Santa!) Received a very cute reindeer card and an absolutely lovely snowglobe coin. Thank you, thank you!! A nice addition to my small, but growing collection. I would post a photo, but I haven't quite figured out that process! I'll work on that

Waiting for second santa goodie to arrive any day now

Merry Christmas to all!

Havent received ours yet that we know of, there is still time before Christmas, Would you be so kind in checking on ours please? Both of ours have been sent out. Merry Christmas and a Happy '09. Hope it is a Happy, Safe, and Merry and Bright and a Joyous Day for Everyone around the World.

One coming from close by - the other person on the receiving end of that sender has posted receipt, so yours should be soon.

#2 coming from across the oceans.... again - it should be there soon.

Fingers X'd that the mailman will bring it on their next delivery.

Havent received ours yet that we know of, there is still time before Christmas, Would you be so kind in checking on ours please? Both of ours have been sent out. Merry Christmas and a Happy '09. Hope it is a Happy, Safe, and Merry and Bright and a Joyous Day for Everyone around the World.

One coming from close by - the other person on the receiving end of that sender has posted receipt, so yours should be soon.

Sweetlife posted on post number 188 that they had received the mission from us, I think it must only be their local mission they are waiting for

I'm happy to report I received an email from my second recipient (m0zez) that their penguin mission has arrived. So as I stand, all missions sent and received are complete!

THANK YOU Butterfly_Lady for organizing a great mission and THANK YOU to my recipients and senders for making this a Christmas of fun and surprises! I'm looking forward to doing this again.

Received one of my missions a few days ago with a nice hand made card from geosmurfarna with a groden & fiabus frog inside.I wanted to post a picture but can't get the camera to work ;) Thanks for the nice card and the new coin that I don't have.

My second mission was mailed out a little late on the 17th had a tough time finding a coin for them.

Both missions mailed out and one mission was received to date.

Sweetlife posted on post number 188 that they had received the mission from us, I think it must only be their local mission they are waiting for

yes we received the liverpol geocoin from Skibumsuk, still waitting on one more tho. Thank You Skibumsuk, that coin will look lovely in our collection as this is a very cool coin we have never seen before.

Yahoo! Got my first-ever coin mission in the mail today from Kurdogso (small world as I was their secret Santa!) Received a very cute reindeer card and an absolutely lovely snowglobe coin. Thank you, thank you!! A nice addition to my small, but growing collection. I would post a photo, but I haven't quite figured out that process! I'll work on that

Waiting for second santa goodie to arrive any day now

Merry Christmas to all!

super cool suz! guess i'll take that snowglobe out of your christmas box!

rsg

Ah - that solves a mystery I had - that mission was marked off as received, but trolling back through the posts I could not find it...... so marked it back as unreceived.

I was not noting the posts # on this wee mission.

So #2 is coiming from across the ocean.....

1. emails sent: Yes

2. names received: Yes

3. missions sent: Yes

4. missions received: 1. Yes

2. missions received: 2. Yes

Second mission received yesterday, with the biggest coin I have ever seen Brecon Beacons National Park in Wales. I had to check the web to find out all about the park, so cool. Also a Cache Critters coin, thanks so much Brucieandweery. I will try to post a picture later.

All of my missions are complete both incoming and outgoing. Thanks for everything. ;)

Edited by fossillady

Neither incoming mission here yet ;)

but there's still lots of time for them to arrive before Christmas. Looking forward to next week's mail!

:)

CanadaKate

Both are on their way...

one from nearby, that will make you laugh,

Another from much further away.

My second incoming mission arrived today ... and, yes, it did make me laugh as it was from one of the people to whom I sent a mission.

Johnmac56 ... thank you ... a great card that sings and has animated reindeer and a joke! Plus two lovely geocoins.

The 12 days of Christmas coin is one that I had thought about buying but decided not to as I was over-budget on geocoin purchases. It's a big and beautiful geocoin. My younger daughter has already sung the whole 12 days while looking at the coin.

And the other is a travelling geocoin that will definitely go travel although maybe not 'til spring as we currently have several inches of snow with much more promised before Christmas.

I'll try to post a picture tomorrow despite being buried in unwrapped Christmas presents.

Happy holidays to all!

CanadaKate

My 2 penguin missions are on their way

I received 1 from Laval K9 - haven't opened yet but THANK YOU !

And 1 from die_anita

THANK YOU BOTH :) and HUGS

Since there are only 6 days left before Christmas, I bet you are waiting to open your envelopes until then or perhaps on Christmas eve ;)

Yes, I have received my second mission. I thought I had posted to the forums last week but apparently it did not go through before I closed the window. I'm sorry for the confusion I caused the Penguins - I know how busy they are.

The mission was from ElliPirelli and contained the Muir geocoin, a beach ball micro and a pathtag, in addition to the card! The Muir coin is beautiful and it is the first suncatcher coin I have seen. I'm excited about releasing them after Christmas. My outgoing missions left Virginia on Tuesday, the 16th.

Edited by The Graystone Gopher

Yes, I have received my second mission. I thought I had posted to the forums last week but apparently it did not go through before I closed the window. I'm sorry for the confusion I caused the Penguins - I know how busy they are.

The mission was from ElliPirelli and contained the Muir geocoin, a beach ball micro and a pathtag, in addition to the card! The Muir coin is beautiful and it is the first suncatcher coin I have seen. I'm excited about releasing them after Christmas. My outgoing missions left Virginia on Tuesday, the 16th.

I'm glad, you liked your coin and card!

The coin is called Sunburst Nature Walk. Enjoy!

1. Names Received: yes

2. Missions Sent: 3/12/2008

3. Missions Received:

1) 8/12 a lovely coin from Washburn, WI USA

2) 20/12 a very impressive (and heavy) "Help for Heroes" coin, a geocaching pin and a wooden ladybird from the Croft House Cachers, UK

Thank you very much! ;)

Received our final mission today from Indiana and it was a mystery. Received an Indiana 2007 and a we belong geocoin. Thank you so very much. We hadn't seen either coins so we are thrilled to add it to our collection. Thank you!!

4e3b31dd-c81a-40d3-ab1d-4f8b3261ecac.jpg

b3099393-e03b-48e6-844a-47328f331fbe.jpg

Happy Holidays. Both missions have been received and both that we sent have been received. Thank you!

Here's the photo of my mission received from JohnMac56:

5c29d683-d4f6-4a45-9b92-1604c947cfd5.jpg

My thanks again for the thoughtful card and coins.

Merry Christmas to all!

Don't leave us in suspense, what do they get at Christmas???? :D

Yes, we would really like to know the answer ;)

"About 32 highway, 26 city" ... plus, when the card is opened, there's music and the reindeer move. Very cool card.

Edited by CanadaKate

Here's the photo of my mission received from JohnMac56:

5c29d683-d4f6-4a45-9b92-1604c947cfd5.jpg

My thanks again for the thoughtful card and coins.

Merry Christmas to all!

Don't leave us in suspense, what do they get at Christmas???? :D

Yes, we would really like to know the answer ;)

"About 32 highway, 26 city" ... plus, when the card is opened, there's music and the reindeer move. Very cool card.

:( I love it; it was worth the wait :D

Received our final mission today from Indiana and it was a mystery. Received an Indiana 2007 and a we belong geocoin. Thank you so very much. We hadn't seen either coins so we are thrilled to add it to our collection. Thank you!!

4e3b31dd-c81a-40d3-ab1d-4f8b3261ecac.jpg

b3099393-e03b-48e6-844a-47328f331fbe.jpg

Happy Holidays. Both missions have been received and both that we sent have been received. Thank you!

What a cool looking coin! Congrats!

The Penguins have asked for a roll call......

The following are listed as not yet having received one (or both if their names are listed twice!) of their incoming Penguin missions.

If, by chance, they have missed your post and you are listed incorrectly, please post in this forum.

Thanks

Belfrypotters

Belfrypotters

cainrcc

Chur

DJ.J.ROCK

gardengorilla

Jan and the Percey Boy

kd&prettierhalf

Kernow Cachers

Kernow Cachers

Leaky Spoon

Leaky Spoon

M0zez

millieballon

Mollyjak

Mollyjak

PassingWind

Plumbrokeacres

rivercity

rodz

RuberyBlue

Sabri.Suh

Six Little Spookies

Striphe

Striphe

susiemerlin1

Suzyfishn

sweetlife

ThirstyMick

Wutzebear

Wutzebear

XmasGB21_large.jpg

We received a card in the mail over the weekend and just opened it up, it was a card from Cainrcc with a 2008 liverpool geocoin. We are guessing this is our penguin mission <_< this one is pretty as well as the other 2008 liverpool coin we received from Skimubsuck. Thank You Very Much Cainrcc. Merry Christmas and A Happy New Years '09, from our house to yours.

Update: we received both of our Penguin Missions

Thank You Butterfly Lady for a fun Joyous Season, Mission and all the hard work you done to keep this mission running smooth.

Second mission received today, 3 days from East Coast USA to UK. Way to go!! A big thanks to both our mystery sender from Eire and Thirsty Mick <_<

Mission #1

1. E-mail Sent

2. Name Received

3. Mission Sent: 06/12/08

4. Mission Received: Coin received from Ireland, sender?? :)

Mission #2

1. E-mail Sent

2. Name Received

3. Mission Sent: 06/12/08

4. Mission Received:Coin (and some!!) received from ThirstyMick ;)

Happy to report that I have received both of my missions and missions sent are received. Apologies for the lateness of my replies, a last minute trip to Budapest has ment I am not at home to take receipt of the coins but Shirl assures me they are both nice coins (thank you). I will upload pictures when I am back in the UK. Happy holidays to all. M0zez

We received our first Christmas Countdown coin yesterday! Thanks very much to Mollyjak in Wales for sending an absolutely beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park geocoin. Since this is our first mission we're really excited to receive such a lovely coin, and it will always be one of our favorites in our collection. The night before it arrived we joked that maybe we'd take a camping trip to wherever our first Mission coin came from, but at the time we were thinking maybe Utah, Maine, or Ontario <_<. Thanks Mollyjak for the great Christmas gift, thanks to Butterfly_lady for organizing this mission, and we wish all of you a very Merry Christmas.

394e5cde-cb98-4934-a5f5-71d42f4a7333.jpg