MISSION: Penguins Last Minute Christmas Countdown Mission

Butterfly_lady

1. E-mail Sent: 11/18/08

2. Names Received:12/01/08

3. Missions Sent:

1st Mission: International-sent 12/1/08

2nd Mission: Domestic-sent 12/4/08 (waited for a specific coin to come in for them)

4. Missions Received:

International-Received 12/13/08-A beautiful German "Love and Loyalty" BN LE coin from Whitby, thank you sooo much, I love it! My first international coin!

Domestic-Received 12/13/08-A Gold Starcatcher (so cool and I didn't have one!), a Christmas Signal pin, and a very cute ornament from Sabri.Suh. And the card lights up and plays music :D

Thank you both so much!!!!!!!

:D

LoveandLoyalty.jpg

Penguinmission.jpg

Apologies for the delay in posting to the discussion, didn't realise there was a receipting process in place :D

Mission #1

1. E-mail Sent :D

2. Name Received :D

3. Mission Sent: 06/12/08

4. Mission Received: Coin received from Ireland, sender??

Mission #2

1. E-mail Sent :D

2. Name Received :D

3. Mission Sent: 06/12/08

4. Mission Received:

Finally able to sit down and photo my Penquin Mission. My card came last Thursday I believe all the way from Sweden :DThank you so much Grodan Karin for the neat Fiabus coin and the pathtags, I love em :D

CIMG4399-1.jpg

Both my Penquins Missions have arrived

The US Penguin Mission I sent was received but the overseas mission has yet to be logged. Thanks Butterfly_Lady and Merry Christmas to all :D

...It's been a while, and I haven't heard anything from my recipients. I hope everything is ok! One was over an ocean, but the other wasn't very far away from me...Hope they arrive soon!

One of your recipients is regularily on the fourms....

The other is not so often here.

There will be an email going out soon, asking people to post their received missions,

but I'm allowing for a few more days mail first, and a few moments to have more than snatched minutes at the computer - so many summer BBQs and events being organised and attended here at the moment!

And a little sun-kissed after a cache dash yesterday!

Keep those posts rolling on in ~ it is great to see all the variety of sharing going on.

BTW - this has been a much easier mission to organise and track, than the Santa one.

Kudos to you all for making it so easy.

:D

... so many summer BBQs and events being organised and attended here at the moment!

Oh sure, rub it in! It's finally warmed up to -29C here :laughing:. We're staying inside and baking gingersnap cookies today.

No sign of any incoming coins here yet, but since the one I sent to NZ arrived a week ahead of the one I sent to OR, I'm not worried yet. Just eager!

... so many summer BBQs and events being organised and attended here at the moment!

Oh sure, rub it in! It's finally warmed up to -29C here :laughing:. We're staying inside and baking gingersnap cookies today.

Hey - I have NEVER experienced a WHITE CHRISTMAS!

Always find Snowmen on Christmas cards weird.

I was going to ask you what DOES go on your Christmas Cards, but then I decided that could be another COINTEST!!!!

E-mail Sent: Nov 19th

Names Received: Dec 1st

Missions Sent: Dec 4th

Mission 1 Received: Yes! 2007 Best of British Rule Britannia coin from Mozez and Shirl the Whirl! Great coin!

Mission 2 Received:

None received, but anxiously checking the mailbox everyday! :laughing:

So excited to receive my First Coin during my First Mission! Thanks again Butterfly Lady for this great mission! <_<

Today I received both the penguin missions.

One from a secret penguin in UK, no idea where it came from. A nice coin new to me and a penguincard. The royal mail had ripped the red envelope but the coin was safely secured with plastic tape so I don´t think anything is missing.

The other was from USA and also a new nice coin for me.

Thank you both so much.

grodan Karin

Today I received my second penguin mission from Suzyfishn. Thank you so much for the gread penguin envelope, the card, the special girl non-trackable, the trackable coin and last but not least your signiture item. This all is just great!!! I hope I manage to take some picture tomorrow. As it is almost midnight in Switzerland now I decide to go to bed :blink:

Thank you Suzyfishn!!!!!!

Courtney from Team Fehling has received her mission all the way from Cornwall, UK!!!

A BIG Thank You to Susiemerlin1 for sending such a great coin and a great card. Susiemerlin1 had sent us an Engine House Geocoin. She also included a little information on the engine house that is not far from where she lives. As we do not have these here in the United States (at least not where we are), it was really nice to read up on them. Courtney (my 8 year old) was really intrigued on these, and we did a little more research on them. As Sue had mentioned in her letter, this geocoin is very special to her, and now it is very special to us!! Thank you for sending this to us!!! Merry Christmas!!!!

4ff65372-d8a3-4a3f-a4d9-2fa454d2b02a.jpg

57b3c4de-b63f-4f40-8b0d-d54960974d42.jpg

The Flipper's got their secon mission today from Barry & Valarie of Sweetlife, great snowman suncatcher and a geocoin tag. Also included in our great Penguin card was our trade of a Santa coin, so thanks for doing that too. If Gayle was not such a doltz, she could work out how to upload photos.. oh well.. there's always next year to learn. We have also decided to activate both our mission coins to share with others when we attend events <_<

thanks again Butterfly lady for playing Penguin, it was a great mission.

don't sun too much at the xmas Barbies!!

cheers from the others down under

Gayle & Mark :mad:

The Flipper's got their secon mission today from Barry & Valarie of Sweetlife, great snowman suncatcher and a geocoin tag. Also included in our great Penguin card was our trade of a Santa coin, so thanks for doing that too. If Gayle was not such a doltz, she could work out how to upload photos.. oh well.. there's always next year to learn. We have also decided to activate both our mission coins to share with others when we attend events <_<

thanks again Butterfly lady for playing Penguin, it was a great mission.

don't sun too much at the xmas Barbies!!

cheers from the others down under

Gayle & Mark :mad:

Glad you enjoyed them, Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years '09 from our house to yours :laughing:

Courtney from Team Fehling has received her mission all the way from Cornwall, UK!!!

A BIG Thank You to Susiemerlin1 for sending such a great coin and a great card. Susiemerlin1 had sent us an Engine House Geocoin. She also included a little information on the engine house that is not far from where she lives. As we do not have these here in the United States (at least not where we are), it was really nice to read up on them. Courtney (my 8 year old) was really intrigued on these, and we did a little more research on them. As Sue had mentioned in her letter, this geocoin is very special to her, and now it is very special to us!! Thank you for sending this to us!!! Merry Christmas!!!!

4ff65372-d8a3-4a3f-a4d9-2fa454d2b02a.jpg

57b3c4de-b63f-4f40-8b0d-d54960974d42.jpg

Hello Courtney and your mum, dad & sister

Glad that the coin arrived safe and sound I was very worried it wouldnt arrive in time.

Really pleased you like your coin and you look very happy in your photo, I must say your tree looks wonderful.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

Sue & Bill

I got my second mission today!!! A beautiful 2007 Best of British Rule geocoin!! From Rubery Blue and family!!

Oh my gosh!! I am so excited to receive this coin. It's my first International coin (and from a country where I met my dear friend at a Stargate Convention in '07). So now I have a great coin from a new goecaching friend celebrating the history (I love history) of a great country! THANK YOU!!

So that completes both missions received. I have not seen my other recipient log that their mission from me has arrived. Hopefully it has or will be very soon. It was supposed to take 7-10 days to the UK.......

Our second mission came today, all the way from Plumbrokeacres in Canada. A Morpho butterfly!! ;)Thank you so much!!!!!!!!! How did you know we wanted this coin?? It was not on our wish list!

And once more, thank you to Butterfly_lady for hosting this mission!!

geosmurfan Camilla

I had a hard time deciding what to send. I am glad you like it!

Mission 1 Received: Yes! 2007 Best of British Rule Britannia coin from Mozez and Shirl the Whirl! Great coin!

Mission 2 Received:Yes! a stunning Imagine Peace geocoin, from Ima Gine Peace. I know very little about this coin so any history that anyone can provide would be great - very beautiful!

What a great mission this has been for my first! Thank you so much Mozez and Shirl the Whirl, and Ima GIne Peace!

Thank you Butterfly Lady for hosting - Happy Holidays everyone! ;):D:huh:

Mission 2 Received:Yes! a stunning Imagine Peace geocoin, from Ima Gine Peace. I know very little about this coin so any history that anyone can provide would be great - very beautiful!

What a great mission this has been for my first! Thank you so much Mozez and Shirl the Whirl, and Ima GIne Peace!

Thank you Butterfly Lady for hosting - Happy Holidays everyone! ;):D:huh:

You received a Mystery Geocoin, a beautiful and stunning geocoin. Congrads and Have a Merry Christmas. Someone thinks very highly of you. Consider the geocoin as a very special token straight from the heart. Ima is a very generious person, and has gifted many people with this coin.

:D Yesterday, to my susprize, a mangled empty yellow paper mailer that had been ripped in half and taped back togeather, landed in my mail box.,, luckly There was an address on the return label,but I did not reconize the name,nor was it a caching avatar name,, so I asked butterfly lady to ask the penguins, if this was a mission......and yes it was!!! ;):huh: she informed me it was from six little spookies,,,, bummer, nothing in it..no card ,no coin ,no nothing, and the weird thing is usually if the usps damages something they fix it and stick a note to it,,,but their was no damage report sticker,so theft comes to mind but could be alot of reasons.

455656f7-2d47-4ed9-95c6-3e2758f68dd5.jpg

well thank you anyway six little spookies,its truely the thought that counts, and I am warmed at just the thought.

I've learned a few things from this and hope a few others can too.. (p.s. I could see this being misconstruded as blaming someone,,but thats totally not my intent.)< wanted to make that clear

I've learned that,,

Mail can and will get lost (1st time for me and Ive done e-bay and amazon and the whole bit)<<mabie Ive been lucky for that matter

Insurance helps with recovering lost value,, seems the postal service does'nt put much effort to looking into low value lost packages unless you insured it

tape ,,tape and more tape,, when sending coins, the more tape wrappin that package the better the chances are of whats inside--- staying inside, because who knows whats gonna happen during travel.

things happen,,and it is what it is,, no reason to get mad over something you had no controll over, yes it sucks, but ill live,, and there will be more mail down the road, and many more coins and cards

I want six little spookies to know Im not upset, nor do I want them to be upset

and if you are ,,think about this,,,

mabie a homeless guy will find the coin and card and mabie someone will give him dinner or a place to stay, or mabie it might make his christmas a lil better.. hey its possible...

but really thank you six little spookies for sending me a penguian mission, :D , it was a very nice thing when you even signed up,for the mission,and sent the card out!! I wish your family a Merry Christmas , and a great new year. DJ.J.ROCK- JAY

:blink: Yesterday, to my susprize, a mangled empty yellow paper mailer that had been ripped in half and taped back togeather, landed in my mail box.,, luckly There was an address on the return label,but I did not reconize the name,nor was it a caching avatar name,, so I asked butterfly lady to ask the penguins, if this was a mission......and yes it was!!! ;):D she informed me it was from six little spookies,,,, bummer, nothing in it..no card ,no coin ,no nothing, and the weird thing is usually if the usps damages something they fix it and stick a note to it,,,but their was no damage report sticker,so theft comes to mind but could be alot of reasons.

well thank you anyway six little spookies,its truely the thought that counts, and I am warmed at just the thought.

I've learned a few things from this and hope a few others can too.. (p.s. I could see this being misconstruded as blaming someone,,but thats totally not my intent.)< wanted to make that clear

I've learned that,,

Mail can and will get lost (1st time for me and Ive done e-bay and amazon and the whole bit)<<mabie Ive been lucky for that matter

Insurance helps with recovering lost value,, seems the postal service does'nt put much effort to looking into low value lost packages unless you insured it

tape ,,tape and more tape,, when sending coins, the more tape wrappin that package the better the chances are of whats inside--- staying inside, because who knows whats gonna happen during travel.

things happen,,and it is what it is,, no reason to get mad over something you had no controll over, yes it sucks, but ill live,, and there will be more mail down the road, and many more coins and cards

mabie a homeless guy will find the coin and card and mabie someone will give him dinner or a place to stay, or mabie it might make his christmas a lil better.. hey its possible...

but really thank you six little spookies for sending me a penguian mission, :D , it was a very nice thing when you even signed up,for the mission,and sent the card out!! I wish your family a Merry Christmas , and a great new year. DJ.J.ROCK- JAY

Hello DJ.J.ROCK Please send us a message and we like send you a little something for X-Mas and send you a little X-Mas Cheer your way. Hope You and Your Family have a safe and Hapy Holiday and a safe and Blessed New Years '09.

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

Went to pick up the mail today in the snow. My little box was packed full. Just pulled it all out and slid on home. And what to my surprise was in the mail but my Penquin Mission........ ;)

princeshoko sent me a very nice card and a Sleeping Dragon coin. I did not have that coin ~ very nice.....and the card was so special.

133_5495.jpg

Thank you princeshoko for my mission. Merry Christmas all!

Today we received a large envelope from the USA sent by "Steve and Megan".

Could this be our Santa mission card ?!?

Yessss ! It is ! A handmade Christmas card!!

A nice package with a beautiful "Back to geocaching" geocoin which we have never seen before, plus a geocaching march madness pin.....

And even a 1952 Australian coin showing a kangaroo.

Team The Six Little Spookies: thank you very much for this wonderful surprise !

MERRY XMAS to all of you

Marjon & Rob (PINGOS)

;):blink: Today I received my first penguin mission (in fact my first ever mission) I was like a cat with two tails and couldnt wait to rip it open.

Inside was a GeoCide post your way into history coin it really is a lovely coin (I know I dont have it in my collection as I only have two well three now!).

Thank you so much Cainrcc also to Butterfly Lady for setting this mission.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all.

Sue & Bill :D:D

I am wondering if our mission sent to the UK has been received ... I haven't seen any posts by the recipient saying that they received it ...

I worry because of how some people have been receiving their packages, and also when you send a coin in a card and the post office doesn't pay attention to the stamp that says "Don't run it through the machine" and they do anyways ...

Today I received my second mission.

A Highwood Pass coin from gardengorilla.

But the best thing is the Penguin ehm, Koala bear christmas card. I love it!

I just have to visit Australia once an see all the great animals that live there.

Thank you to gardengorilla and Maine Family for the cards and coins and Butterfly lady for setting up this great mission!

Please HELP! I want to add a photo of my received mission and read that you need to put the photo in your gallery. How do you do this, as the only way I have put photos in is when I have logged a cache and then edited it for a photo. Am I really being stupid as I cant see how to do it. So If there is some kind sole out there who can put it in really simple step by step terms I will be eternally grateful.

Thank you in advance

Sue

Please HELP! I want to add a photo of my received mission and read that you need to put the photo in your gallery. How do you do this, as the only way I have put photos in is when I have logged a cache and then edited it for a photo. Am I really being stupid as I cant see how to do it. So If there is some kind sole out there who can put it in really simple step by step terms I will be eternally grateful.

Thank you in advance

Sue

I usually go to imageshack.us and there you just give your email address and upload the picture. No account and signing required.

When uploaded, just copy the address and insert it here in a the img tags or the little tree on top there.

;):blink::D A rather heavy mailer dropped through our mailbox today - with mounting excitement I opened the package to be faced with a very beautiful "Celtic Peacock" geocoin all the way from Australia - Thank you so much "Cinnabear" for this large and very shinny geocoin. Will I be able to release it into the wild or will the "Gollum" effect take over?

That completes our mission, 2 x geocoins sent and received, thank you so much for organising it Butterfly Lady its been great taking part. Merry Christmas everyone.

These are the two coins I received:

1. DayHunter's Couples Series Geocoin from and anonymous Santa in the USA – Texas In think.

2. A Celtic Peacock geocoin from Cinnabear in Australia (the photo does not do this coin justice – its amazing).

(edited for poor spelling on my part - lol)

GeocoinMission.jpg

Edited by Al & Tracy Smith
:blink::D:D A rather heavy mailer dropped through our mailbox today - with mounting excitement I opened the package to be faced with a very beautiful "Celtic Peacock" geocoin all the way from Australia - Thank you so much "Chinnabear" for this large and very shinny geocoin. Will I be able to release it into the wild or will the "Gollum" effect take over?

That completes our mission, 2 x geocoins sent and received, thank you so much for organising it Butterfly Lady its been great taking part. Merry Christmas everyone.

These are the two coins I received:

1. DayHunter's Couples Series Geocoin from and anonymous Santa in the USA – Texas In think.

2. A Celtic Peacock geocoin from Chinnabear in Australia (the photo does not do this coin justice – its amazing).

Glad you got it in time for Christmas! I was worried. Just a quick correction though, Cinnabear not Chinnabear ;) She's 10 so sometimes she tries to get artsy with the writing and it becomes illegible.

No worries!

:blink: Yesterday, to my susprize, a mangled empty yellow paper mailer that had been ripped in half and taped back togeather, landed in my mail box.,, luckly There was an address on the return label,but I did not reconize the name,nor was it a caching avatar name,, so I asked butterfly lady to ask the penguins, if this was a mission......and yes it was!!! ;):D she informed me it was from six little spookies,,,, bummer, nothing in it..no card ,no coin ,no nothing, and the weird thing is usually if the usps damages something they fix it and stick a note to it,,,but their was no damage report sticker,so theft comes to mind but could be alot of reasons.

I've learned that,,

Hello DJ.J.ROCK Please send us a message and we like send you a little something for X-Mas and send you a little X-Mas Cheer your way. Hope You and Your Family have a safe and Hapy Holiday and a safe and Blessed New Years '09.

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

Thank you!!!

this is very nice of you...but --email sent