MISSION: Penguins Last Minute Christmas Countdown Mission

Butterfly_lady

Coming home late after a long day of work and a concert I found one of my two Christmas cards. I could not resist and opened it straight away.

The coin is just beautiful! I am speechless! A great, generous gift! Besides the coin there was a wonderful pathtag in it.

Thank you so much Gayle and Mark!!!!

P.S.

My missions will be shipped tomorrow morning!

Edited by die_anita

We received our two missions today :D

The first one came from Germany. A colorful Christmas card with a Cockatoo Gold coin, a micro Beach Ball gold coin and a very cute ElliPirelli pathtag :D

We really like our gifts. Thank you very much ElliPirelli! :D

pingoing1.jpg

The second one came in a well decorated envelope from the same people that may receive something from us ;) We really enjoyed the doggie Christmas card and its content, a very beautiful Gold Turtle coin which I don't know the exact name, a Happy Holidays December 2007 coin and usyoppers own personal wooden token. :D

You sent us some very nice gifts. Thank you very much usyoopers! :D

pingoing2.jpg

We want to wish Butterfly_Lady and everyone Happy Holidays!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Joyeux Noël et Bonne Année!!!

:santa: :santa: :) :) :) :)

1. E-mail Sent: 11/18/08

2. Names Received:11/30/08

3. Missions Sent:12/09/2008

4. Missions Received:

Took a little time out of my brithday celebration to stop by the post office and send off both of my missions today. As this is my first mission, I am eagerly awaiting receiving my cards and coins. Every day when I hear the mail truck pulling up to deliver mail, I am out the door and waiting there by the mailbox. I think my mail carrier believes that I am just a little off....

sk2008-glit-f.gif

Wow! Thanks to Belfry Potters, who's Christmas Card Penguin mission arrived today - Camera is not out yet, but it will be soon.

Thanks Donna & Bruce ~ glad you could eat the chocolate for me ~ I have no will power with Chocolate!

A lovely blue glittery Saskatchewan province geocoin, BN finish. Picture does not show the intensity of the blue. It is just lovely. Blue is one of my fav colors. (look at me, spelling color the US way!!, dropping u's)

Many thanks for your thoughtfulness, and the note.

We received our two missions today :santa:

The second one came in a well decorated envelope from the same people that may receive something from us ;) .......

Whoops! I thought I checked that - what a laugh!

That makes it even more fun to give & receive to & from each other, without first realising it!

Once I sent my post I had second thaughts about writing it down but I don't think they will mind. It just add to the fun of this happy mission :santa:

We received our two missions today :santa:

The second one came in a well decorated envelope from the same people that may receive something from us ;) .......

That makes it even more fun to give & receive to & from each other, without first realising it!

Once I sent my post I had second thaughts about writing it down but I don't think they will mind. It just add to the fun of this happy mission :santa:

I've checked the list, and you are NOT THE ONLY ONE whose missions are swapping....

Oh well - more fun....

What I was aiming for, was one close by mission, and one to travel some distance for each. That is mostly achieved.

Now, we can all sit back and enjoy, even giggle.

1. E-mail Sent: YES ;)

2. Names Received: YES, 12/01/08 :santa:

3. Missions Sent: YES, 12/09/08 :santa:

4. Missions Received: not yet (I guess, as I am away from my mailbox currently...)

Both your incoming missions have been confirmed as sent....

Get someone to check your mailbox....

You might be surprised.

YES! I got an E-Mail late yesterday in the evening from my better half who told me that there were three coin mailers for me, one from New Zealand, one from the UK and one from Germany! (I am also participating in a German coin mission, so I guess that's the third one). I will confirm my "Mission received" when I finally have them in hand, but I guess they both arrived :)

Can't wait to get home on friday...

The Flipper's got our first mission, and when Mark brought in the envelope and said it was from NZ, I was very excited, could not wait to open the envelope, and woohoo, a fantastic NZ coin, thank you ever so much Butterfly Lady, little penguin ;) one day last year we were sure we were following your logs around Adeladie :santa:

we both love this new coin to our travelling collection.

Gayle & Mark

We received our two missions today :)

Can't wait to get it! :santa: Glad you liked the turtle coin- that is the Honu Turtle coin.

The Flipper's got our first mission, and when Mark brought in the envelope and said it was from NZ, I was very excited, could not wait to open the envelope, and woohoo, a fantastic NZ coin, thank you ever so much Butterfly Lady, little penguin :D one day last year we were sure we were following your logs around Adeladie :D

we both love this new coin to our travelling collection.

Gayle & Mark

The first of the Kiwis is delivered and found....

THe 2nd is not far away either...

Now - Adelaide - yes November 2007 was our 30th wedding anniversary and we celebrated with a trip on the Ghan..... And of course caching, Adelaide where it began, Alice Springs for the stopover and Darwin where it terminated. Adelaide seems to be the capital of caching - they are everywhere!

4. Missions Received: 12/10/2008 - Received first mission from USYoopers! :D (pictures to follow)

That actually is not a mission, its just kinda a.....just because! :D

Well, in that case...

THANK YOU!!!

And

Merry Christmas!!!

:D

I just love the generosity of everyone here. This was a totally unexpected gift from the USYoopers! You made my day with this gift! Now I can go back to eagerly awaiting my missions!!!

Thanks again USYoopers!!!

Update :D

We received two lovely cards the same day, one from BC with a fabulous coin Kids are the future of caching (will try to post photos) and one from Oregon an Ansel Adams camera. As we have few coins these are unique to us and truly beautiful. Thank you SO much our Santas!!

Smiths and Suzyfishn.

I have mailed my card/coin that is going to Canada but have been stalling on one I have to send domestic in hopes a special coin will arrive. I will give it another day or two and if it still isn't here will select another from our stash and get it on its way in time for Christmas.

Thank you all so much for this fun and generous mission.

Holiday good wishes from Tacoma WA

Bob and Alicia Kuro "Kurdogso"

We received one of our missions today -- My daughter, Brittany, was sooo excited. When she got home from school, she saw her name on an envelope and started jumping up and down!!! We are also doing the secret santa mission, and she received hers a week and a half ago, and she can't open it until all of us get ours. SO -- She was very excited when I allowed her to open this one!!!

Brittany got a beautiful card from The Fossillady and a Passed 4 x 4 geocoin, which she doesn't have, and also her wooden signature coin. Thank you very much Fossillady, you made Brittany's day!!!

Merry Christmas!!

c7d9b49b-c795-4cb5-9322-3673933e8431.jpg

Edited by Team Fehling

so, here the official status of my penguin missions:

1. E-mail Sent: YES!

2. Names Received:YES

3. Missions Sent: YES!! Today, Dec. 10 as Priority Mail!

4. Missions Received: Yes, one of two, from Gayle and Mark from Australia! Thank you so much!!!

Edited by die_anita

1. E-mail Sent: 19 Nov 2008

2. Names Received: 1 Dec 2008

3. Missions Sent: 10 Dec 2008

4. Missions Received: One of two 10 Dec 2008

Just got the coins in today, will have to check the list to ensure the recipients were nice (and well perhaps a little naughty)

Should go out in the mail on Friday 5 December

Was a little late on the mailing, no excuses, other then I just didn't get to the post office.

Got one mailing from Germany today, Thanks for the Compass Rose coin, it is really nice.

The brewmeister

:D I'm feeling a bit in limbo here since I've not received my missions yet and the ones I sent out haven't been received. I'm trying to be patient but I feel like a kid in the lineup to sit on Santa's lap ... I want to be there now!

Anyway, I put my two missions in the mail on Saturday, December 6th. One is going to the USA, the other to Europe.

Looking forward to hearing that they've landed.

All the best,

CanadaKate -- hey, at least we have snow here to help us get into the mood for Christmas. :D

1. E-mail Sent: 11/19/08

2. Names Received:12/01/08

3. Missions Sent: International --> 12/02/08

National --> Tomorrow will be sent

4. Missions Received: 12/10/08 First mission received!

Thanks a lot summerandnana! I loved the coin! I'm a big fun of Mario, so perfect! It was really nice to receive my first mission! I loved the signature item too... Really cool!!! Seriously, thanks a lot!

=)

:D I'm feeling a bit in limbo here since I've not received my missions yet and the ones I sent out haven't been received. I'm trying to be patient but I feel like a kid in the lineup to sit on Santa's lap ... I want to be there now!

Anyway, I put my two missions in the mail on Saturday, December 6th. One is going to the USA, the other to Europe.

Looking forward to hearing that they've landed.

All the best,

CanadaKate -- hey, at least we have snow here to help us get into the mood for Christmas. :D

CanadaKate -- When I went to the post office to mail a envelope to canada, they told me it can take anywhere's from 5 - 10 days. SO, I wouldn't worry -- It's probably on it's way.

Missions sent today (Dec. 11) for gardengorilla and Cinnabear. I tried to hold out for my coin shipment but had some extras kicking around. Apologies for my tardiness...

Mission for gardengorilla arrived today from Milleballon! A really neat Santa Claus coin that I have never seen before! I took a picture but realized the tracking number was still there oops.

And her cute pathtag :D

Edited by gardengorilla

Both my missions landed on my doorstep today................

Big thanks to Hollara for the AMAZING Maine Pirate Quest coin (very adpt as we call our youngest Pirate and he has already claimed this coin so thanks gain) and an Earth Turtle pin.

Big thanks also to Chur for the equally AMAZING Dorkfsh coin (you are right you can never go wrong with a fish) and a Canada micro puck coin (great for all the micros popping up at the moment.

Thanks again to both of you - you made me smile today

I posted both our missions today - both on their way to USA, hopefully in time.

I have received both packages already. From TheBuddhaman and RedsknU2. Really exciting as this is our first mission. :rolleyes: A big Thank you to both.

Based on the envelopes the first only took 2 days and the second took 7 days. Both were travelling from USA to UK if anyone is worried about transatlantic travel.

1. E-mail Sent: 11/19/08

2. Names Received:12/01/08

3. Missions Sent: International --> 12/02/08

National --> 12/11/2008

4. Missions Received: 12/10/08 First mission received!

Sorry for the time in the second mission, had to wait for the coins to arrive, I had a problem with my previous order. Also had an interesting time with the person in the post office, he got upset because I didn't have the zip code. I didn't know was mandatory, neither knew it, but oh well! he took a huge book and had to look for the zipcode...

Waiting for the second mission! This sounds really fun!

Joepie!

After some caching i came home and found a lot of mail.

It included our first penguin mission arrived from Canada.

Take a look at our picture:

canadiansanta.jpg

Wonderfull penguin card and postcards from Toronto. Yes we like them, we have been there some years ago wit a holiday homexchange. And of course a tereffic Canadian coin. On the front a small airplane and at the back two dogs. Teammember Lars wants to have this coin.

Thank you Canadakate!

We really enjoy taking part in this mission.

SQUEEE!!! I received my first mission today! A big thank you to Team Fehling for the awesome Smokey Bear coin!!! I have never seen this one and absolutely love it!! It will be a great addition to my meager geocoin collection. Thanks for the extra smile as I put your Christmas card on the door too!

THANK YOU!!!!

4. Missions Received:

12/12/2008 Mission received from M0zez! Awesome Liverpool coin from the UK!

12/13/2008 Mission received from CanadaKate! A fantastic choice of coin from her, she sent me a Cat Got Your Cache coin!! I've been wanting one of those for a while now and now thanks to Kate I have one!!!! And the postcards were a wonderful extra along with the cool penguin christmas card. My daughter is out with the camera today so no photos of Kates gift...

Thanks to both of my senders, you both chose the perfect coins to send!!!

And a special thank you to Butterfly Lady for setting up this last minute mission!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

:D