MISSION: Penguins Last Minute Christmas Countdown Mission

Butterfly_lady

Okay, here it is officially :D

1. E-mail Sent: 11/18/08

2. Names Received:12/01/08

3. Missions Sent:

1st Mission: International-sent 12/1/08

2nd Mission: Domestic-sent 12/4/08 (waited for a specific coin to come in for them)

4. Missions Received:

Thank you Butterfly Lady; checking the mailbox has never been so fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

e mail sent: Yes

names recieved: yes

mailed both cards out: yes today--row row row your boat!!

card 1- no

card 2 no

I think I went a lil over board but had fun ,,I got a great idea at the last min. and just went with it,,cant wait to hear what they think....lol

p.s. wouldnet been able to compleate this mission so quickly with out the super fast 2 day shipping i got!!

p.p.s usps said 5- 10 days ,,should get them with plenty of time

Beautiful sunny day here in California so I ventured out to the Post Office and got my 2 Penguin Missions sent. I did however forget to mention in my cards that it was the Penguins. I slipped both my cards in mailers as I was afraid of them getting mangled in the machines.

I got home to discover that one of my cards had arrived and it was mangled with the coin envelope hanging part way out. Luckily it got stuck and all is well.:D Thank you so much Maine Family for the beautiful coin, can't recall ever seeing it before. I will find my camera and take a picture to post later.

Thank you Butterfly_lady for all your hard work, this is really fun. I sent a little something off to you today, hope it makes it before Christmas :D

Left early this AM for a long drive to Boston MA to pick up my dog. Came home to find 4" of snow which was not here when I left. Looked at the mail and woot! 2 mailers and one to me ~ from me....ahh.

So I open it and find a nice Chrismas card........and I said oh, oh ~ I wonder if this will be truly a Secret Santa with no more information but the postmark from Carmichaels PA........but, when I opened the card.......to my surprise out came 2 coins! :D and it was signed from THEBuddHaman! :D:P:P Thank you very much for the lovely Christmas surprise - the Jukebox was on my wanted list and the nice NewYears Coin (I don't remember ever seeing one).

This lady is going a big happy dance! I will post some photos when Ican take them in good light.

Butterfly Lady - thanks for organzing this mission - TheBuddhaman - thank you for being one of my Santas- Merry Christmas everyone!

Summary -

Card #1 - received 12/6 from TheBuddhaman from PA

Edited by hollora

Just a quick request from you know who.....

ta da....

penguin-hatth.gif

When posting in the forum that you have received a penguin mission, can you add who it is from, or where it is from......

As you have two incoming mission, it helps the penguins to cross you off the list, when they can work out which sender it is.......

Thank you!!

1. Names Received: YES!

2. Missions Sent:

1st Mission: International-headed out on Monday!

2nd Mission: Domestic-Waiting for a coin to arrive; will mail soon!

3. Missions Received:

1. YES! AstroD-Team sent me a beautiful 2007 Wisconsin Geocaching Association coin! Thank you!

2. Not yet, but I'm excited!

Edited by NeverSummer

Just a note to all....

This mission is being tracked by the penguins....

pgn7.gifimage001.gif

So please do post in this forum when you have mailed out your Christmas cards.... You will turn BLUE on the tracking list.....

Then when you recieve a card, please post again. Include where it came from (country will do - check the stamps / postmark) so that on the receiving list you will turn PINK.

penguin-border1.jpg

This tracking allows the penguins to see that all those who sign up both meet the obligations of joining a mission, and enjoy the rewards of being in the mission.

Many thanks

Just a note to all....

This mission is being tracked by the penguins....

So please do post in this forum when you have mailed out your Christmas cards.... You will turn BLUE on the tracking list.....

1. Names Received: yes

2. Missions Sent: 3/12/2008

3. Missions Received:

1) yes! a lovely coin from Washburn, WI USA

2) not yet

Edited by roolku

:rolleyes::rolleyes::lol: The nice postman put something shinny through my letterbox this morning :lol::lol::lol:

1. Mission Names Received - 1 Dec

2. Geocoins sent on there way - 3 Dec

3. Missions received: 1

Received on the 8 Dec a loverly "DayHunter's Couples Series Geocoin" showing Anthony & Cleopatra from person(s) unknown from somewhere in the USA - Thank you :D (now to try and guess who it was from).

Havent received ours yet that we know of, there is still lots of time before Christmas, but both of ours have been sent out. Merry Christmas and a Happy '09. Hope it is a Happy, Safe, and Merry and Bright and a Joyous Day for Everyone around the World.

Edited by sweetlife

Received one of mine today from Grodan Karin, thank you very much for the lovely coins and pathtags too! I feel very bad because I was supposed to be in the middle of a trade then got sidetracked and karin has sent them to me for this! I got a nice little pin with an England flag on it too, thanks Karin - you spoiled me!

Haven't sent mine yet, but will in the next day or two.

Glad you liked them. I was happy to see I got your name for the mission. That way you could get the coins anyway. :rolleyes: Merry Christmas.

That was fast delivered also, I mailed them out dec 5.

grodan Karin

Some people are putting extra little "goodies" with the geocoin?? Had I known, I would have added more fun stuff for my recipients. Oh well, first time participating, so I guess there are learning curves.

Glad to see NeverSummer got my card and coin. Hopefully it is one that you will enjoy! I wasn't sure what to send. :rolleyes:

Both missions arrived today - and what marvelous offerings they contained!

The first to open came from an European destination - The Netherlands. It was anonymous, but they acknowledged that I have a penguin themed coin in the making at the moment, so someone who reads the coin forums I suspect!

And YES!! A March of the Penguins coin! There's been a friendly banter between me and another local cacher (Penguins Annon) as we meet in various events about her March of the Penguins coin - I frequently joke that the coin may not be on the coin table by the end of the evening... :rolleyes: No need any more - I now have my very own March of the Penguins coin - I'm so happy! Thankyou! I don't have a big coin collection but this is definitely being added to it! On top of this, was another trackable coin - another first for me as I've never come across a pathtag item before - most interesting!. Once again - thankyou to my colleague in the Netherlands (a country I've frequently visited in the past both for leisure and for business).

pmission01.jpg

pmission02.jpg

The second post came from Oregon from the Burgess family! The envelope had a lovely drawing of a family of penguins enjoying Christmas together, with gifts being bestowed by Santa Penguin!

pmission05.jpg

inside was a collection of penguin stickers and a large Christmas wrapped - and dare I say it quite heavy coin.

pmission03.jpg

On opening the coin, I find one of the most impressive Geocoins I've ever seen. A Christmas themed coin with snowmen. The translucent enamel gives the effect of a stained glass window, but there's more - one of the panes in the window is actually a moving part and can rotate! I've seen these features in other coins, but not all in one coin! Lovely and will be also joining my other small collection and visiting many an event to come I hope (the next being on the 28th December!). This coin was made by Hogwildstuff.

pmission04.jpg

Thanks to both the penguin's helpers who sent me these - they both made my day!

Eclectic Penguin

Edited by Eclectic Penguin

We received a card in the mail today that said Twinkle Twinkle from skibumsuk it included a nice coin called Lancashire Geocoin 08, never seen it before so we love it and we know we dont have one in our collection. Thank You for everything and for making us smile today, the coin will remain close in our hearts. We like to say that we hope you Have a Happy, Joyous, and a Safe Christmas. Hope it is Merry and Bright. ooh and we forgot to mention, Happy New Years '09 too. :D

Some people are putting extra little "goodies" with the geocoin?? Had I known, I would have added more fun stuff for my recipients. Oh well, first time participating, so I guess there are learning curves.

I don't think you have to feel bad about not including extras. This mission was designed to be simple as we rapidly approach the holidays.

:D

I don't think you have to feel bad about not including extras. This mission was designed to be simple as we rapidly approach the holidays.

:D

Ditto - this was designed to be a Card & coin only mission, so expediate delivery.

No learning required. If you sent a coin with a card, you have met your obligation perfectly.

Sweetlife my international mission seems to have got to you before my local mission -go figure. Seeing as I only posted it on Thursday last week think Royal Mail and US postal did a fine job.

Glad you liked the coin - I was a tad daunted when I saw just how extensive your collection was

Edited by skibumsuk

Nothing in my mailbox today but bills. Coins or pathtags would be so much nicer!

Hope something comes soon for you to brighten up your day! Thanks, again, for brightening mine! I'm actually returning to Minnesota from 4 years away working in Oregon, so it will be fun to have a WI coin in my collection! Cheers!

NS

A day late in reporting that our first Penguin mission arrived yesterday, from Al & Tracy Smith! Thank you so much!!! A March of the Penguins coin - very appropriate! Very cute!! :santa: Thank you!

We also mailed our outward missions yesterday (Dec 8) - one across "the little sea" and one across "the big sea". ;)

Once again, thank you Butterfly_lady for hosting this mission!

Camilla

one of the geosmurfarna