MISSION: Penguins Last Minute Christmas Countdown Mission

Butterfly_lady

animal7xc7.jpg

Penguins Last Minute Christmas Countdown Mission

As Santa and his elves are really busy, the Penguins of the South Pole have volunteered to help with a last minute Christmas geocoin mission

Are you going to join in?

This is especially aimed at those who missed out on the Santa Mission. Those who were part of the Santa Mission can join in also. Please wait until you get your mission details from South Pole before posting your status. Note – The penguins will not be individually responding to EVERY sign up email. There will be a list posted on 30 November – check it then. Respond if it is incorrect by 1 December.

What you will need.

2 unactivated geocoins.

2 New Christmas Cards.

A few spare Euros / Pounds / $ for postage. You must be willing to mail internationally.

NOTHING ELSE - This is a Christmas card plus geocoin only mission. Aimed at quick postage times.

email me your caching name, through GC.com (NOT DIRECT)

I will need your FULL physical mailing address including country – Don’t abbreviate,

your caching name and your email address. Include “Penguin Mission” as the top line of your email.

There will be just one list.

snowfall-penguin1.jpg

Early in December you will receive two (2) names & addresses of others in the mission. (Be patient – remember the penguins can only send ONE email at a time)

You are requested to send ONE Geocoin inside ONE Christmas Card to each of these two people – sign the card, or write a note and leave it as a mystery. Mail it in time to reach the recipient in time for Christmas.

It is an international mission, crossing borders and cultures.

DO NOT ask for more than one mission.

This is limited to ONE mission per cahing profile.

The Penguins are new at co-ordinating missions, so we will not overload them.

They cannot cope with special requests for individuals. That adds considerably to their workload.

You will recieve two names. The Penguins will be aiming at one close by and one further away, where possible.

Edited by Butterfly_lady

Darn there are some of us that really like the nontrackables......especially the older ones :unsure:

Glad to hear that, but I have to be fair.

You do not know whether the people assigned to you will do also.

Would it be fair for them to hope for a geocoin, and then get a non-trackable?

Essentially, those who cache (which is the originals of geocaching, and the basis of this forum) love to collect numbers and icons.

Let's not start complicating this mission.

Darn there are some of us that really like the nontrackables......especially the older ones :unsure:

Essentially, those who cache (which is the originals of geocaching, and the basis of this forum) love to collect numbers and icons.

You are saying that non trackables aren't geocoins. I would be VERY happy to get certain nontrackable geocoins as I'm sure others would also. In past missions that I have been in nontrackables have been allowed just not micros. Sending a micro I don't think would be fair.......

I also disagree with you about the originals of geocaching as you put it---SOME love icons but others don't give a hoot.

You are saying that non trackables aren't geocoins. I would be VERY happy to get certain nontrackable geocoins as I'm sure others would also. In past missions that I have been in nontrackables have been allowed just not micros. Sending a micro I don't think would be fair.......

I also disagree with you about the originals of geocaching as you put it---SOME love icons but others don't give a hoot.

:ph34r: LADY B- MABIE YOU COULD RUN A NON TRACKABLE MISSION...I WOULD JOIN THAT TOO!!! :rolleyes:

(edited to show i wasent yelling with a :rolleyes: )

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

ok - I'm putting out this mission.

Not wanting to get into a debate.

Thanks.

That's a very sad news :ph34r:

We were looking forward to enter our grand-daughter who was born after the closing date of the Santa mission :unsure:

No - not closing a mission.

What I meant was - I don't want this forum to become a debating ground on trackables vs. non trackable.

I meant I wanted to do the mission. Not debate another point.

MISSION IS GOING AHEAD

Are nontrackables allowed?

Would that be fair?

ummmmm - this is essentially a geocaching community, so I feel the best answer would be...

Trackable, unactivated geocoin.

pgn52.gif

I am not sure why sending a nontrackable is not fair...there are plenty of non-trackable coins that are worth way more than the trackables. I kind-of prefer some of the non-trackables, because they are sometimes more rare. I guess we'll be sitting out this one. :D

I understand the trackable vs. nontrackable issue. If I sent out two trackables and received a nontrackable I would not be happy. Perhaps if people put in their emails or next to their name whether they are ok receiving nontrackables that would help instead of keeping people out of the mission?

KISS - please - I am doing this mission as per post #1.

I know you mean well, but you are suggesting a great deal of extra work for the penguins. Another field to add to the mission database, that then has to be communicated again when sending out the emails with mission details.

As a volunteer, I want to KISS - Keep it simple.

I will not be taking special requests.

Back on track please - sign up for the mission.

I suggest you go to another forum if you want to debate this issue.

The Forum guidelines state

"To ensure that this forum is a success, please respect our ground rules when it comes to selling and trading of coins:

* This forum may be used for selling, trading or giving away of geocoins which are trackable on Geocaching.com. "

Edited by Butterfly_lady

As this is a last minute mission primarily for those who missed out on the main Santa Mission, I think it only fair that BL sets stringent straightforward rules ... she is doing all the work after all :D

Let's just rejoice at having two bites of the cherry rather than worry over preferences for different types of coins! :D

Thanks BL!

Thank you. It cheers me up.

You are right about setting straightforward rules - every one knows what is expected of them

Edited by Butterfly_lady

Butterfly Lady is sponsoring the mission and she sets how it will be run. I asked a simple question for clarification. Yes I was disappointed in the answer as others were, but there is absolutely no reason for anybody to get bent out of shape or pi$$ed off. Since the rules in post #1 would allow trackable micros I will also sit this one out with Dressel Dragons.

Signed up!

This mission is a great idea as it is easy to ship international. There are lots of restrictions to send out packages if you do not want to spend $30 or more for shipping. It's really sad no to be able to send out what you wanted but to choose and leave out things. With the Christmas Cards its so easy. Thank you for that!!!

We are going to be in on this also... We did the Secret Santa Mission Too -- Can't you tell we love getting packages????

Butterfly Lady -- As always, you put your all into these missions, and handle them very professional. You set the rules from the get, and that's good. I know the amount of work involved in this, and I highly commend you on it!!!! Thanks for putting in all this extra time to make a lot of happy coin addicts!!!!

Heidi

We're in.

I haven't totally caught the coin BUG like some of you but how fun

to get pretty things in the mail!! It is such a day brightener!

And some years Christmas is a bit less than others lets add all

the holiday cheer we can!

Thanks to all the participants and especially organizers!

Alicia

1/2 of team Kurdogso