HELP

dotpotamus

Hi

I have a gar oregon and a gar 660 and i put a map from 660 on to the oregon just half a dozen streets to see what the road mapping was like but now when i turn on my oregon it says no unlock code so i need to know how to delete the 6 streets from oregon.Will it be something in the gpx folder,what should be in the folder for the base map.Any help will be welcome.John....

I was looking for a smilie with steam coming from his head :unsure:

Did you backup? If not do this now!!!

Look for gmapsupp.img, all your maps will be in the same folder. Your OR allows several other map file names that older models do not. Older models only allow gmapsupp.img.

When you use Mapsource, it builds gmapsupp.img. It can hold 2025 map segments from Topo, etc.

HTH

Look for gmapsupp.img, all your maps will be in the same folder. Your OR allows several other map file names that older models do not. Older models only allow gmapsupp.img.

When you use Mapsource, it builds gmapsupp.img. It can hold 2025 map segments from Topo, etc.

HTH

Hi

Firstly i want to thank you for your backing up advice that saved my bacon,i deleted gmapbmap which must be the base map but that was fine because i backed up.Then i deleted 1x gmapsup and 1x gmaptz not sure what these are but it stopped that annoying can`t unlock map nonsense.So from this i assume i have to buy another City Navigator for this unit.Garmin dont ya love em lol.

Anyway i want to thank you for your great advice.John.... :D

HTH

Hi

Firstly i want to thank you for your backing up advice that saved my bacon,i deleted gmapbmap which must be the base map but that was fine because i backed up.Then i deleted 1x gmapsup and 1x gmaptz not sure what these are but it stopped that annoying can`t unlock map nonsense.So from this i assume i have to buy another City Navigator for this unit.Garmin dont ya love em lol.

The gmaptz is the timezone file. You'll want to put that one back so your unit can automatically give you local time.

HTH

Hi

The gmaptz is the timezone file. You'll want to put that one back so your unit can automatically give you local time.

Thanks again for your good advice i have put the gmaptz file back as you recomended and all still works fine.Thanks for your help.John.... :D

I think it would be a good idea to know what a file is before you delete it.

That being said, I think there is almost no need to delete any files from any GPSr. But I could be wrong. You might only have a 16Meg SD card or something similarily small and need the space or something.

It's people who do the things you do that makes Magellan Tech Support so happy. I know you have a Garmin, but even their Tech Support like to charge an arm and a leg to fix a bonehead user maneuver.

I'm being completely facetious here.

I think it would be a good idea to know what a file is before you delete it.

That being said, I think there is almost no need to delete any files from any GPSr. But I could be wrong. You might only have a 16Meg SD card or something similarily small and need the space or something.

It's people who do the things you do that makes Magellan Tech Support so happy. I know you have a Garmin, but even their Tech Support like to charge an arm and a leg to fix a bonehead user maneuver.

I'm being completely facetious here.

Its lucky i did not delete before i backed up as advised by mtnhermit isnt it. :D