How about a paperless 60CSx?

Low Bat

I'm wondering if the 60CSx accepts GPX files and simply limits the text field(s) thereby cutting off most of the geocaching.com page info. Assuming the geocaching template could be updated to something similar to that of the Oregon/Colorado series, would it be of interest to Garmin to incorporate this in a software update to keep the sales of this popular and reliable unit going strong, or would this have too much of an impact on the sales of their newer models?

I'm wondering if the 60CSx accepts GPX files and simply limits the text field(s) thereby cutting off most of the geocaching.com page info. Assuming the geocaching template could be updated to something similar to that of the Oregon/Colorado series, would it be of interest to Garmin to incorporate this in a software update to keep the sales of this popular and reliable unit going strong, or would this have too much of an impact on the sales of their newer models?

You can include more info in a POI than you can a waypoint. Look for the thread called "Silly POI Tricks."

That would be a HUGE software change. I'd say the chance of that happening is about zero.

That would be a HUGE software change. I'd say the chance of that happening is about zero.

Yes.. to both of the prior responses. You can do what you are setting out to do now with the information in the Silly POI Tricks thread. It is a bit involved but I have followed the instructions and have done it. The OP was even nice enough to answer a question for me.

As for Garmin writing software to go paperless with a 60CSX, don't hold your breath. They want you to buy the latest and greatest hardware.