Which PDA is best

Nebraska

Depends a little.

I like the PPC platform. A used Dell Axim from rbay can be had for around $30 - $60. Add a free program like GPXview and you only need to drop the GPX file on the unit and off you go.

Some like Palm units better and they are a bit cheaper - about $20 - $50 used on ebay. Add cachemate for $8.00 and a utility to convert the GPX file and you are all set.

The best one is the cheapest one you can find with a minimum of about 8 megs of memory. Older units like the Palm M500 work great. Don't spend a lot of money on a device that isn't meant to be shockproof and waterproof for geocaching.

Stay away from the color screens because they are real difficult to read in sunlight.

Since I already had been using my Palm Tungsten E2 for a lot of other tasks I decided to use it for geocaching PQ's as well. The software I use is GPX Spinner and Plucker. Of course this unit is actually more than what you really need to get the job done. It is nice to have graphics and images from the cache pages show up in thousands of colors but the color screen is difficult to read in bright sunlight.