Colorado 400t, Software Ver. 2.80

raxxal

Ouch. I was hoping to see a little more in this Colorado update -- like the Track manager, improved coordinate entry, some of the gpx file archiving performance enhancements, and a bunch of small stuff that has made its way into the Oregon.

It's starting to feel like the CO has dropped into "maintenance mode".

GO$Rs

Here's a list of the changes:

Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:

* Fixed issue when marking waypoints in the W Malayan RSO position format.

* Added GDA94 and NAD83 datum support.

* Fixed importing gpx files from outside of the Garmin\GPX folder.

When I submitted one of my last 2 bug reports for the Colorado, they were able to duplicate the problem and said it should be fixed in the next software release. If this fix list is accurate, then it was, the importing of GPX files from other directories. I will have to load the update and test that...

I know I checked for updates this morning and there were none, so this must have been posted some time this afternoon. Oh well, I didn't have time to test it this afternoon anyway. :anitongue:

Edited by GeekBoy.from.Illinois

I copied three gpx files onto the Colorado: one in [drive]:\, one in [drive]:\Garmin and one in [drive]:\Garmin\GPX . Only the caches in [drive]:\Garmin\GPX\test.gpx got loaded.

This is a good fix for Mac users because it will fix the issue of not being able to remove cache because of how deleted gpx files get moved into .trashes.

GO$Rs

I copied three gpx files onto the Colorado: one in [drive]:\, one in [drive]:\Garmin and one in [drive]:\Garmin\GPX . Only the caches in [drive]:\Garmin\GPX\test.gpx got loaded.

This is a good fix for Mac users because it will fix the issue of not being able to remove cache because of how deleted gpx files get moved into .trashes.

I had a variant of this problem on my Vista computer. It would find all GPX files on the SD card, not just the ones in the \Garmin\GPX folder. It worked properly for me for a few months, then suddenly when I re-loaded my maps, it quit working properly and started loading all GPX files.

Ouch. I was hoping to see a little more in this Colorado update -- like the Track manager, improved coordinate entry, some of the gpx file archiving performance enhancements, and a bunch of small stuff that has made its way into the Oregon.

It's starting to feel like the CO has dropped into "maintenance mode".

GO$Rs

OMG, I agree. I might have to move to the CO haters group if they are not planning to address the well known and obvious bugs. The track management bugs and the improper display of some cache types should be fixed by now. Argh!!

Here's a list of the changes:

Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:

* Fixed issue when marking waypoints in the W Malayan RSO position format.

* Added GDA94 and NAD83 datum support.

* Fixed importing gpx files from outside of the Garmin\GPX folder.

They did fix the background colour issue with CNNA NT 2009......

So they obviously don't list every change/fix they make in these updates. It would seem then that one needs to check out their particular issue with each update to see if it's been fixed, rather than relying on the list given.

I posted this on the other v.2.80 thread but wanted to repeat it here.

I've been a faithful Garmin user for years. I hate to admit they seem to be NOT listening to us Colorado owners. I have emailed, sent tech support forms, and phoned them numerous times since I first got my 300 back in Jan. They reply with the same old "we're working on it", or "we'll pass this on to our software engineers". I do love my 300 for all it can do, and for geocaching it really can't be beat. Wherigo is pretty cool, too.

I'm still hoping and waiting for the two main features that are standard on every mapping grade GPSr I ever bought from Garmin;

1) Waypoint Averaging, and

2) A Functional Track Manager.

What really irks me is that the Oregon came with a Track Manager right out of the box! Garmin, what's up with that!? Wake up Garmin and listen to your faithful clientele!

So they obviously don't list every change/fix they make in these updates. It would seem then that one needs to check out their particular issue with each update to see if it's been fixed, rather than relying on the list given.

Usually when I get a new release I try to run through the issues list to see if any thing got fixed that wasn't in the release notes. I have run across cases like this on the OR and CO but they are relatively rare.

GO$Rs

I was out caching for about 5-6 ours on Sunday (with my Colorado 300 running on battery about half of the time). We visited about a dozen caches (6 of which I had previously found so they were not in the GPSr). The weather was chilly, in the 25-30 degrees Fahrenheit and the Eneloop 2000 mAh batteriess I had put in the GPSr just before we started on Sunday still show 4 bars (our of 5) on the battery meter. It looks like the meter is a little more accurate, but I hadn't considered testing it.