Query Question

Deakon

Hello Geocachers,

I was hoping to get a better understanding about using the query feature. I ran a caouple queries back in July that were never generated and yesterday I tried again and still have not received a generated query. I am trying the cacheberry application (very cool by the way) and wanted to import the caches from the query but can't quite get that thing going.

Any ideas?

Thanks! :laughing:

Be sure to read the markwell writing about and & or.

It's most likely, and everyone who initially tries out PQ's do it, that you clicked caches you own and caches you have found, trying to kill two birds with one query. But, you have not found any caches you own, so no caches fit into that Venn diagram.

Another thig to always do is to not run the query until it previews out to be OK.

Edited by trainlove

I have noticed something weird... I made 2 queries exactly the same. I left one titled "New Query" and named the other one "Test" they both ran at the same time, I got the email for the one called test, but not for the one called new query. Does not naming them something unique cause an issue???

Also, thanks for the article about PQ, I always set mine based off home coords, and I see in the article there is an issue with that option, so I will modify my PQ's and use the actual co-ordinates instead.

I have noticed something weird... I made 2 queries exactly the same. I left one titled "New Query" and named the other one "Test" they both ran at the same time, I got the email for the one called test, but not for the one called new query. Does not naming them something unique cause an issue???

Also, thanks for the article about PQ, I always set mine based off home coords, and I see in the article there is an issue with that option, so I will modify my PQ's and use the actual co-ordinates instead.

If you just rename the query, and then modify it, thinking that you will have a new query then you are limited to the wording on the PQ page that states that one PQ can only run once per day. I.E. A PQ has a unique identification number that's generated when you initially create it, from then on you can change it over and over again, but you can only run it once per day.

If that's not what happened then I just don't know.

Yeah I didn't modify the same one, I actually created 2 seperate queries with the same attribute and only the one I named came through to me. I am going to test it again and see if it happens again, I will post results here

***EDIT***

Hmmm.. well this time it worked as it should.. both emails arrived OK Must be an ID 10 T error on my part :unsure:

Edited by cwelt