An unfortunate reminder...

JBnW

We finally did it, placed our first cache yesterday! Actually the first 3 of a series of 10, trying our best to fill a rather large cache void in the area. We researched and prepared for a couple of months, made a couple of trips to locate good hides and get accurate coords, clearly scribbled geocaching identifiers on each of the lock-n-locks, filled out paperwork with the land managers, made our maps describing the history and purpose of the cache, stuffed the containers, yadda yadda ya. Yesterday was the day!

Get to the first site...odd to see someone here on a Saturday! Paranoid about muggles watching me place the cache, but they seemed busy, so I snuck off into the woods, placed the cache, back to the truck and out of there without raising too much attention. Off to the next site, thankfully quiet as usual, easy hiding, off to the third site. Get there, and its busier than the Fourth of July! Wait patiently until they again seem to become busy with whatever they're doing again, quick dash into the weeds, stash the cache, and try to sneek out unnoticed.

Come home to finalize the cache pages and let our reviewer know they're ready. Oh, the excitement of anticipation! We've emailed a couple of times, but will it be another 3 days before they're published?? What's this?? Our reviewer has published them already?? We must have caught him at the computer for it to be published so quick. I was so excited just to get them published, I wanted to go out and finish the rest ASAP! How soon will the FTF be?? The hopes that our homework on the caches is appreciated by future finders! I was like a kid on Christmas Eve, waiting for that FTF email! This is so much fun, let's do it again, NOW!!

First thing this morning, I check the email. FTF ALREADY?!?! Couldn't have been more than a couple hours after publication, unless they did it at night. WOW, maybe these will be popular caches after all! Lets see what they had to say...

...yeah, the lower road IS closed because of high water, should have taken the high road (silly)...

...people running about with flashlights near the cache??? THAT popular?? COOL!!!!....

....Ummm, no. Read Log #1 for GC1J2FW.

Turns out the good folks busy around the hides yesterday weren't muggles after all, they were S.A.R.

Geocaching is a great way to enjoy life, please remember to enjoy it! Share a hug or a kiss with those you care about, give a kind word to those around you, or enjoy a sunrise. Or all of those, and more! Take care, and thanks!

Edited by JBnW