Premium Member Question

Lewis and Clark's Kids

As I was perusing some other areas some premium members mentioned that

they were able to see who visits their cache page. Does this mean that if I visit a

cache page a few times to review information that every time I look some message

is sent to the cache page owner?

I read through the premium membership extras and did not see anything about

viewing people that look at your cache page. I plan on becoming a premium member

around Christmas but wanted to find out before. Thanks for any help.

If you visit a MOC cache page the owner of that that cache can go to that page and look at the audit and see that you've visited. The audit shows them the people that have visited, the date of the first visit, and the date and time of the that persons most recent visit. The audit log does not show them who received the cache info via pocket queiries. And this is something the owner has to go look up, they do not get notices of who looked at the page.

Here's a portion of the audit log for one of my Premium Member Only caches.

Audit Log for: As Easy as PI 
An audit log is a list of users who have viewed your premium member-only cache on the web site. Click on the user's name to visit their profile.

Last Visit First Visit User #Times 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/16/2008 6:08 AM 9/13/2006 the "dinosowers" 7 
11/11/2008 5:10 PM 5/9/2007 Team Bullis 4 
11/11/2008 7:12 AM 11/11/2008 timbalina 1 
11/3/2008 8:39 AM 9/18/2006 BevanQ 35 
11/2/2008 5:19 PM 12/5/2006 C&TH 8 

And there is a way to 'view' someones PMO cache and not appear on the audit log, I think there are actually two ways to do that.

But you can see that the information is minimal and no need to worry about big brother.

Thanks for your answers. It is much more clear to me now. I was thinking this could

be a way to catch someone that looks at your page and muggles it, but the last person

mentioned that there was a way to go around that. I am looking forward to the pocket

queries the most when I join next month. In addition, I am looking forward to

seeing where other PMOC caches are, not only to find them, but to better hide my own

caches. I spent a lot of time and energy making an awesome cache but found out that

a PMOC cache was nearby. Oh well, now I know to look for PMOC caches before placing any more of my own. Thanks.

Thanks for your answers. It is much more clear to me now. I was thinking this could

be a way to catch someone that looks at your page and muggles it, but the last person

mentioned that there was a way to go around that. I am looking forward to the pocket

queries the most when I join next month. In addition, I am looking forward to

seeing where other PMOC caches are, not only to find them, but to better hide my own

caches. I spent a lot of time and energy making an awesome cache but found out that

a PMOC cache was nearby. Oh well, now I know to look for PMOC caches before placing any more of my own. Thanks.

You still run the risk of trying to place near a mystery or multi cache. PMOCs aren't the only thing taking up the landscape...

I spent a lot of time and energy making an awesome cache but found out that

a PMOC cache was nearby.

Didn't you create your cache page, but not publish it.

Then click on nearby caches?

That will show you how far away published caches are, even PMO's. But as others mention, you still have to worry about multi's and puzzles.

I remember someone once saying that less than 1% of caches are PMO's, but there quite a large number of M & P's..

Edited by trainlove