Geocaching is elitist!

gof1

If someone wants to play baseball and doesn't have a bat and a ball, they cannot do it either. Is baseball an eletest sport? I you don't have a car to drive some place, you borrow one or take a bus, or walk. Maybe travel is eletist. I have the tools to geocache cause I wanted to geocache. I didn't get everything all at once. I don't travel nearly as light as I used to. Cause I have more than someone else (even though I've earned it) should I share my wealth with others? Sorry.

And that's exactly what the people who support the things you oppose want you to think. I'll show them...

Look at it this way, to become a commerical airline pilot you have to have a college degree, work hard to obtain your private pilots license, log hundreds of hours of flight time as a private pilot, take a certified commercial pilot couse either at a private school or with an airline, then work your way up the ranks to captain then there are the hundreds of hours of continual training and simulator time.

OR do you think that it isn't fair that your local garbage man can't just walk up and get a job flying the plane you are taking on your next vacation????? IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!!!!!

Who in world doesn't have a computer or have access to one and GPSr's are cheap enouph you could sell one of your 5 tv's and buy one.

Sorry to rant; I just don't understand because not everyone is able to do something it is suddenly unfair.

I would like to gave a hot wife and a fast car but I can't afford it, IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!!!!!!!

If you can't afford the toys you can't play. There is no intended exclusion we just are not born with at GPS in our heads.

I am so sick of this - "Its not fair" crap. I wasn't aware that Geocacheing was a Constituional right.

I am so glad I started this thread. While the humorous replies have been entertaining the ones that seem to be seriously replying to a thread started with the singular purpose of poking fun at the forums have kept me ROTFLOL. "Of course I read more than just the thread title." :P

Look at it this way, to become a commerical airline pilot you have to have a college degree, work hard to obtain your private pilots license, log hundreds of hours of flight time as a private pilot, take a certified commercial pilot couse either at a private school or with an airline, then work your way up the ranks to captain then there are the hundreds of hours of continual training and simulator time.

OR do you think that it isn't fair that your local garbage man can't just walk up and get a job flying the plane you are taking on your next vacation????? IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!!!!!

Who in world doesn't have a computer or have access to one and GPSr's are cheap enouph you could sell one of your 5 tv's and buy one.

Sorry to rant; I just don't understand because not everyone is able to do something it is suddenly unfair.

I would like to gave a hot wife and a fast car but I can't afford it, IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!!!!!!!

If you can't afford the toys you can't play. There is no intended exclusion we just are not born with at GPS in our heads.

I am so sick of this - "Its not fair" crap. I wasn't aware that Geocacheing was a Constituional right.

And with all that training that pilot probably can't operate the garbage truck.

I knew a guy with a masters and a pilot lic that couldn't find the on button for a 60 ton press.

Let me rephrase that last part "couldn't find the big green on button that had "ON" written directly on it, for a 60 ton press."

MACHINE OPERATORS ARE ELITIST! LOBOTOMIZE COLLAGE GRADS SO THE OPPS GET OFF THEIR LOW HORSES!!!

I knew a guy with a masters and a pilot lic that couldn't find the on button for a 60 ton press.

Let me rephrase that last part "couldn't find the big green on button that had "ON" written directly on it, for a 60 ton press."

MACHINE OPERATORS ARE ELITIST! LOBOTOMIZE COLLAGE GRADS SO THE OPPS GET OFF THEIR LOW HORSES!!!

Maybe he was just dyslectic and thought the big green button said "NO"!! :rolleyes:

Maybe he was just dyslectic and thought the big green button said "NO"!! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: <--- proof that the handicapped can be joked about without offending them.

Lots of "free" internet at the Public Libraries! Dude, I am totally replying to this thread from one!

Also, I have found over 300 hides without a a GPS.

USA rules!!!!

And you are spot on, geocaching is an elitist sport! Have mind will play.

Yer not doin' it right! Yer supposed to spend lots of money on electronic gadgets, high speed access, gas in a giant suv, eating out and all that other stuff!

Yer not doin' it right! Yer supposed to spend lots of money on electronic gadgets, high speed access, gas in a giant suv, eating out and all that other stuff!

Those are certainly the rules as I have explained them to my wife!

:huh: I tell my wife that I'm doing my part to help our economy. I think a new GPS would really help! :D:huh:

:huh: I tell my wife that I'm doing my part to help our economy. I think a new GPS would really help! :D:huh:

You're gonna buy us new GPS receivers? Cool!thumbsup.jpg

:huh: I tell my wife that I'm doing my part to help our economy. I think a new GPS would really help! ;):huh:

If I buy "a new GPS," it would be for ME. :D

:huh: I tell my wife that I'm doing my part to help our economy. I think a new GPS would really help! ;):huh:

If I buy "a new GPS," it would be for ME. :D

Oh. I must have misunderstood.

Wow I explained the rules and used the economy argument and she is going to let me get a night vision monocular...

Once they hit the clearance rack.

:D I tell my wife that I'm doing my part to help our economy. I think a new GPS would really help! :):)

Wow I explained the rules and used the economy argument and she is going to let me get a night vision monocular...

That's a good idea! I rather have one of those! Some cachers around here are border patrol agents. I got to try out their night vision binoculars and they were incredible. I just don't have an extra two grand to spend.

Lots of "free" internet at the Public Libraries! Dude, I am totally replying to this thread from one!

Also, I have found over 300 hides without a a GPS.

USA rules!!!!

And you are spot on, geocaching is an elitist sport! Have mind will play.

How many DNFs?

Be honest.

Beeee Hoooonnneeeessssst. :)

Not as many DNFs as some with a GPS. :D Sometimes a techie can depend too much on the gizmo in his pocket and ignore the one in his head. :)

:D I tell my wife that I'm doing my part to help our economy. I think a new GPS would really help! :):)

That's a good idea! I rather have one of those! Some cachers around here are border patrol agents. I got to try out their night vision binoculars and they were incredible. I just don't have an extra two grand to spend.

How about checking these out they have a 50' range and as far as I'm concerned we don't need that many feet once we are in the vicinity.

I was not joking about the clearance rack.