New Coin in the works

Clarkbowman

All right, I am moving into a new world here, I have worked on a few coin ideas for others and have now done one that I am thinking about doing.

Questions

1 What do you all think of it?

2 Who would be a good company to go to make this?

2 Would you buy it?

Thanks

4elimentscoinbacksmall.jpg

Take this for what it's worth.

1. In my experience the majority of the coin buying crowd does NOT post here, so don't base what you will and won't mint/sell/design based soley on posts here. There is a large society of geocoin buying lurkers :laughing:

2. We're not suppose to recommend vendors. Check out the vendor list in the pinned threads. Contact them and see what programs they have to offer. Do you want to resell, sell yourself, etc.? Good chance for you to learn what this is all about. Email people you trust and get their opinions or thoughts.

3. This goes back to Q#1 answer. Just because someone posts they would buy doesn't mean they will. Just because no one posts doesn't mean they won't. There will always be buyers for coins it's a matter of how many buyers. There are no guarantees when it comes to selling coins and tastes vary.

I've done my good geocoin deed for the evening. Best wishes to ya.

Very nice looking coin and love the shape. I would more than likely buy a couple, depending on price.

For what it's worth, the earth in the center is the same as the four elements coin, it would be nice if you could come up with a different image to show the element concept.

(Just my opinion, maybe I'm just being a "mrs. cranky pants" today though.)

Good luck to you !

5112.gif

Very nice looking coin and love the shape. I would more than likely buy a couple, depending on price.

For what it's worth, the earth in the center is the same as the four elements coin, it would be nice if you could come up with a different image to show the element concept.

Good luck to you !

5112.gif

I thoight it was "Air" not "Wind"?????

Good luck to you !

5112.gif

Wind is more exciting.... :laughing:

Sorry for asking the elements question....long day...

I like the back, not sold on the front with the elements yet....probably a trade for me though...unless the finished product looks spectacular on metal. I also think the purples on the front take away from the main design...I wonder without color how it might look? Just my two cents.

I like the design, especially the colours... I'd guess that the purples in the front will look gorgeous in combination with gold!

Regarding the resemblance with the four elements coin: both resemle the symbol for an earth cache, so I think it's ok to use it for a new coin, too. But as it seems, the coins theme is what people might leave on the surface of the earth, not whats inside it... So maybe using an earth without a big chunk missing would make sense. (But then I would miss the nice warm yellow and orange you used for the earth's kernel, so forget about that again)

But nevertheless: If the coin was sold now the way it looks in the first post, I think I would forget that my coin budget for this month is already exceeded, and order some. :laughing:

Good luck to you !

5112.gif

I suppose it is because "wind" shapes the Earth more dramatically than "air".

As for the likeness to the Four Elements coin, I agree...that image jumped out at me as well. It looks like you just photoshopped the Four Elements coin into the center of your coin.

I imagine Oakcoins would be interested in that. It was one of their coins.

You need to reconsider that. I for one would not buy it with such a large section of one side being "borrowed" from another design. Seems like cheating to me.

Just a question for the coin folk: how would you feel about a coin that YOU designed showing up in the center of another coin?

Edited by ATMouse

Good luck to you !

5112.gif

This Four Elements coin has been one of my favorite coins since I first saw it. It's even better looking in person.As far as I know it was a completely original design as well I think the OP needs to reconsider their design to not be so blatantly copied from this coin and be a little more original for their own.

Good luck to you !

5112.gif

This Four Elements coin has been one of my favorite coins since I first saw it. It's even better looking in person.As far as I know it was a completely original design as well I think the OP needs to reconsider their design to not be so blatantly copied from this coin and be a little more original for their own.

First off the four elements idea does not belong to the person who designed the first coin, I think that idea has been around for some time, Second off I goggled Earth images and found the earth image. It was not the first coins design either. So did he copy it? Both coins the way I look at it, are very different. The are a ton of coins out there that look similar. But to each his own.

Thanks for all input, weather I like it or not. 

Good luck to you !

5112.gif

First off the four elements idea does not belong to the person who designed the first coin, I think that idea has been around for some time, Second off I goggled Earth images and found the earth image. It was not the first coins design either. So did he copy it? Both coins the way I look at it, are very different. The are a ton of coins out there that look similar. But to each his own.

Thanks for all input, weather I like it or not. 

The problem isn't the four elements concept. There are other four element coins out there. It is using an image along with the name. Why not just change to another globe? You admit you found the artwork for it on the web; you did not actually create it.

But to name all the sameness: 4 Elements, "Discover the World" vs "DIscover the Forces the Shape our Earth" Slightly different verbiage, but the same idea, the globe at the center of your 4 elements side. That's lot of sameness.

The coin has a lot of potential. I like the irregular edge, I like the use of the metal to give big outlines for the figures and shapes.

You don't want to create a coin that looks astonishingly like another in one or more of the major design sections, do you? Do something different looking. Make it yours for true. This just looks like stealing.

Edited by ATMouse

4elimentscoinsmall.jpg

5112.gif

I just wanted to see them close together. Is it possible that the two Cutout earths look alike because that's the best way to portray it? It may look too similar to some, but it's clearly different enough not to break any rules. Considering how many of the Coins out there have "Borrowed Elements" in them it hardly seems reasonable to pick on this one. If you look at them together, they are clearly very different, and I'm sure the original coin was not the first place on earth that has used an image like that.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Even though I know the coins where not the same image, I have changed the front.

4elimentscoinfullearth.jpg

I actually really like it like this :anibad:

Edit to keep people from making fun of my wordage :laughing:

----

The first concept I wasn't fond of. Not because people got angry at you for clip-arting it (only because they were a little to slow to catch the clip-arting of the first 4 elements geocoin IMHO), but I just didn't like it.

I don't often like the cartoonish drawn coins (don't know the technical term), or shaped ones for that matter, and am surprised that I do in fact like the newer drawing. The drawing is very well balanced and its rather tricky to get so many colors to go together like they do.

Edited by scavok

Even though I know the coins where not the same image, I have changed the front.

4elimentscoinfullearth.jpg

I actually really like it like this :laughing:

I actually really like it like this :anibad:. I like this much better with the whole earth(well, our side anyway)

Is there a different side - I haven't see it - Maybe someday

Forgot to add I really like the change that was made and also the back. A fun looking coin.

Edited by luckycharmer

Good luck to you !

5112.gif

Air is my favorite! :anitongue: