Release Notes 11/13/2008

OpinioNate

Also: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/history.aspx is giving an error:

Your request has resulted in an error.

You may choose to retry your previous request.

Or you may tell us what you were doing when this error occurred

[edit] it seems to be working again ...!?

And its gives an error, once again at 11:26:30 AM

Maybe there is some kind of cachename or logtype that makes the historypage lose its bearings ?

Please try again in a few minutes. We are currently performing a site hotfix.

Did that hotfix, or the previous update of 11/13 which was recinded last week due to the proximity of the weekend and the fact that the update 'had problems' cause the backdoor method of logging a Premium Members Only cache stop working? If not then an anouncement needs to be made by The Powers That Be since their prior statements were that the method was A-OK with them.

One can't use ?ID=, or ?WP=, or even ?GUID= on any PMO caches that are not owned by you (if you are not currently a Premium Member).

Of particular mention are my posts 24, 30, 32 & 34 of http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=207363

Did that hotfix, or the previous update of 11/13 which was recinded last week due to the proximity of the weekend and the fact that the update 'had problems' cause the backdoor method of logging a Premium Members Only cache stop working? If not then an anouncement needs to be made by The Powers That Be

An announcement needs to be made by TPTB? Good luck with that. Jeremy used to drop by here regularly to comment and keep us informed. You know how sparse this type of communication has become around here. Did you happen to notice the revolution it took on the UK forum to get GS's public attention?

Found yesterday found a problem while preparing for a roadtrip:

When I print a cache page using the "Print: Simple (No Logs)" option:

If the cache page is over one page long, the top part of the first page containing the cache name, GC number, coords, difficulty, terain, and other things above the "Simple Description" is not printed. Just a blank space.

If the cache page is short and takes only one page, the page prints properly.

Discovered this after leaving the house and was 50+ miles away. :shocked:

Thankfully, I used the "Send to GPS" feature, so I had the coords in my GPSr.

If the cache page is over one page long, the top part of the first page containing the cache name, GC number, coords, difficulty, terain, and other things above the "Simple Description" is not printed. Just a blank space.

Sounds like a browser/OS/printer issue.

Not sure if this is related to the update or something else, but since the update I can sometimes not see my field notes from my BlackBerry. I used to be able to see them all the time, but this Saturday, I wasn't able to.

When I'd go to the page, it would say I needed to log in and then would show the login box. I'd log in and would get the same message saying I needed to log in. Strange.

I went to the main GC page, saw that I was logged in and proceeded to navigate to the field notes page where I got the same message that I needed to log in. A quick try from a PC, and all the field notes were there, but the phone kept saying I needed to log in. I purged out my cookies, cache and everything else from my phone and logged in again from the main page but would get the "need to log in" message when I'd go to the field notes page.

After a few hours, I was able to see a few of them on my phone, but then they disappeared again, saying I needed to log in. It was that way for a good part of the day. Towards the end of the day, they all showed on my phone without issue.

Since a few days I'm not able to search caches via Google maps.

When I fill in a place in my home country (The Netherlands) in the "Zoom to address" field, only the map is loaded. NOT the caches! I've tried with Firefox, Safari and even IE7 (yuck).

Can anybody explain why this feature is not working anymore?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Team GeoGorkum, The Netherlands

When I fill in a place in my home country (The Netherlands) in the "Zoom to address"

Gee, I wonder if this somewhow is why every cache in the world has a link to a Netherlands bookmark list. But that can't be. How can a problem with Google turn into a problem in geocahcing.com? Just coincidence though?