First Cache Find

pgosling

Hello Peter,

Well done on your first find.

vw keychain is right about the amount of caches in the area, you will be busy for a few weeks I think :D

My favourite caches in the area closest to the bridge are any of those set by knarfathome. They are all in the council woods and are really well thought out and set up. You may want have a go at a few easier ones first but his are well worth doing for the extra enjoyment.

have fun!

Hello Peter,

Well done on your first find.

vw keychain is right about the amount of caches in the area, you will be busy for a few weeks I think :D

My favourite caches in the area closest to the bridge are any of those set by knarfathome. They are all in the council woods and are really well thought out and set up. You may want have a go at a few easier ones first but his are well worth doing for the extra enjoyment.

have fun!

What this chap! I've done a couple of his caches and was glad I had a bit of cache hunting experience before I did! That said, go for it! they're great fun!

Welcome to the mad house! Happy Caching!

Escape while you can. Addiction doesn't take hold usually till after the third fix, so you may just get away with it. Never pick up a geocoin or your addiction may become untreatable. If your pursuit is solitary, get a geo-friend FAST: you may just survive.

Ooopppppsss!!

I think it may already be too late!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All.

I am new to Geocaching!

I found my first cache today - "Tamar Bridges" in Plymouth.

Nice and easy to find and I'm hooked!

I am using my O2 Orbit PDA with GPS at the moment and it seemed to do the trick for this one!

Cheers

Peter

I use T-mobile's version along with Beeline GPS software, done the trick for 150+ caches :cute:. Will get a proper GPS one day as battery life isn't good for a full days caching on the PDA. Always having a GPS in your pocket doesn't help with the addiction :) .

Karen

I use T-mobile's version along with Beeline GPS software, done the trick for 150+ caches :cute:. Will get a proper GPS one day as battery life isn't good for a full days caching on the PDA. Always having a GPS in your pocket doesn't help with the addiction :) .

Karen

Hi Karen

Just downloaded the BeeLineGPS software.

Looks good - should be better than using CoPilot Live as I am at the moment.

I have an in car charger for my Orbit though so can leave it charging most of the time!!!!

Addicted - hell yes!!!!!!!

Hello Peter and welcome

You will find this is one of the most diverse activities you can get involved in.

From the core aim of hunting Plastic Boxes/Ammo Cans you will find yourself branching off into the mundane and the intriguing, the sublime and the ridiculous. etc, etc.

Nano and Micro, you'll perhaps come to love them or hate them; or perhaps you'll just hate it when someone puts a Micro out in the woods, where you can barely get a signal and the clue is just 'base of tree'.

You'll encounter Travel Bugs and Geocoins and wonder if you should move or leave them. You'll discover Traditional and Puzzle (which covers a multitude of things), but ultimately you'll find your own way to play the complete game, and if you stay within the overall set of rules nobody will care how you decide to play.

Take all the advice you can get, read all the FAQs you can find, ask all the questions you wish to in these forums. Most of the time you'll find people only too happy to help you.

Berni