Look Twice GeoCoin

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

when i was back in school about 8 years ago i had a pedal bike accident.

i use to ride everywhere, everyday, the average day worked out about 25 miles.

on one occassion we were off to the shops (me, my sister, and 3 of our friends) the first 3 miles were fine until we hit a little village........

out of the bush's come a big black cat right into our wheels, my friend swerved to avoid it and his front wheel locked up with my back wheel........ the results from that caused my bike to do a summer sault into the air.

The next thing i remeber is seeing a paramedic over the top of me as i was strapped to a board in the back of an ambulance.

from my friends and my distraught sister it turns out that as the bike flipped it threw me at about 30mph face first into the tarmac, knocking out 3 of my teeth, breaking my nose, and put a 8 inch crack in my>

>

>

>

>

> helmet!!

it was later revealed that as i rolled over onto my back the bike finished its flip as the round end of the handel bar slammed into the top of my helmet.

The paramedics and police both stated that if i didnt have my helmet on, if the impact with the road hadn't killed me the handle bar whould have.

i am now recoved and still ride, but i would never dream of getting on a bike without a helmet pedal or petrol

Edited by daveindeal

when i was back in school about 8 years ago i had a pedal bike accident.

i use to ride everywhere, everyday, the average day worked out about 25 miles.

on one occassion we were off to the shops (me, my sister, and 3 of our friends) the first 3 miles were fine until we hit a little village........

out of the bush's come a big black cat right into our wheels, my friend swerved to avoid it and his front wheel locked up with my back wheel........ the results from that caused my bike to do a summer sault into the air.

The next thing i remeber is seeing a paramedic over the top of me as i was strapped to a board in the back of an ambulance.

from my friends and my distraught sister it turns out that as the bike flipped it threw me at about 30mph face first into the tarmac, knocking out 3 of my teeth, breaking my nose, and put a 8 inch crack in my>

>

>

>

>

> helmet!!

it was later revealed that as i rolled over onto my back the bike finished its flip as the round end of the handel bar slammed into the top of my helmet.

The paramedics and police both stated that if i didnt have my helmet on, if the impact with the road hadn't killed me the handle bar whould have.

i am now recoved and still ride, but i would never dream of getting on a bike without a helmet pedal or petrol

Ouch!!

OK, as seems to always be the case with me, I read through the whole thread and picked out a bunch of posts that I liked, then I took some Nominations for posts that others liked.

I ended up with way more then 40 in the drawing, so I had my helper Virginia(a Barista at the Coffee shop) decide how many numbers to draw. She chose 15 winners. Here's the list. I'll be sending out these Random Coins as I get to it. The numbers are "Post Numbers" in this thread. I gave Virginia a prize coin too.

Congratulations to the newest batch of winners. These will be a Random Selection from all different versions of the Look Twice Geocoins(except the LE Coinfest version). I think this concludes the official prize list for this thread, but we can continue to discuss the coins here.

The last of these prizes should be getting mailed on Monday. Thank you all for the lively discussion in this thread. If you spot one of these in the wild, please let us know here. There are still 100 activations coming with the missions posted here, and I'll try to keep the thread up to date as the coins get released!! The goal is to have them all activated by the New Year, and start releasing them into the wild after that!!

wow sivota won like 4 times,, thats great, she deserves it, i know for awhile there she was sending out hearts desires to a bunch of coiners.

looks like geo-error won twice and my guess is one for error and one for errors owner...lol

im also glad to see opalsns won hopefully due to the only nomonation on the board,.. :angry: ..mine..heheheee

congrats to scavok too i was susprized to see him post a story here, hes not around as much anymore,, too busy of a life with school. maybe hell come back when he gets his coin..?

congrats nikkos, that was a good post to win on,, there were many others too.

keep up the great work and be safe out there everyone!!! :unsure:

I've got also a surprise email.

:D [thank you write shop Robert]

i sure can tell it made my day.

I won two times :o that's make me blush :anicute: [Thanks DJ.J.ROCK for checking]

Write shop Robert, you are a very generous man.

I wish you all the best in the world. :D

I will pay it forward.

Oohhh, Gatoulis.......................i am still alive and geocaching. :D

But that drooling by the coins, get to much. :anicute::laughing:

Groetjes from Error and me to everybody.

p.s i am looking forward to find one of the missions coins in a cache nearby.

wow sivota won like 4 times,, thats great, she deserves it, i know for awhile there she was sending out hearts desires to a bunch of coiners.

looks like geo-error won twice and my guess is one for error and one for errors owner...lol

im also glad to see opalsns won hopefully due to the only nomonation on the board,.. :D ..mine..heheheee

congrats to scavok too i was susprized to see him post a story here, hes not around as much anymore,, too busy of a life with school. maybe hell come back when he gets his coin..?

congrats nikkos, that was a good post to win on,, there were many others too.

keep up the great work and be safe out there everyone!!! :laughing:

Well, I thought I was done packing up all these coins, but you guys make me wonder if my prize assignments are off. I have the top two winners at 3 and 3, not 2 and 4...will have to double check now.

OK, as seems to always be the case with me, I read through the whole thread and picked out a bunch of posts that I liked, then I took some Nominations for posts that others liked.

I ended up with way more then 40 in the drawing, so I had my helper Virginia(a Barista at the Coffee shop) decide how many numbers to draw. She chose 15 winners. Here's the list. I'll be sending out these Random Coins as I get to it. The numbers are "Post Numbers" in this thread. I gave Virginia a prize coin too.

62 mar-elendili

346 Sivota

46 burgessfour

125 RifleMan81

306 Sivota

69 scavok

48 GATOULIS

342 opalsns

321 Sivota

176 Geo.Error

245 Geo.Error

240 Team CeDo

187 drneal

100 tom4props

308 Geo.Error

Congratulations to the newest batch of winners. These will be a Random Selection from all different versions of the Look Twice Geocoins(except the LE Coinfest version). I think this concludes the official prize list for this thread, but we can continue to discuss the coins here.

Have I taken enough time to get these pictures taken and posted?? I don't have the best light on these, but I think I got the colors to show pretty well...These are the three main colors.

RE Yellow in Bicycle and Motorcycle(around 1000 between the two so far, remints as needed)

SE Orange in Bicycle and Motorcycle(100 each so far, remints possible)

SE Green in Bicycle and Motorcycle(100 each so far, remints possible)

03063f6b-b984-435c-91b4-80926b9934fb.jpga2f21997-5a8f-4250-ae1e-de615f39def2.jpg

woott, i found 3 envelops in my mailbox.

:D

It just felt as Sinterklaas night.

It was fun to open them. :)

I found 3 cards with very kind words and beautiful nature and 2 orange look twice coins and 1 yellow look twice coin.

I am going to send the coins into the world to spread there message but they have to wait for the new year. :)

:D A big woootttt and thank you for Write Shop Robert. :D

Groetjes Geo.error and a "happy Sinterklaas" for everybody. :D

Have I taken enough time to get these pictures taken and posted?? I don't have the best light on these, but I think I got the colors to show pretty well...These are the three main colors.

RE Yellow in Bicycle and Motorcycle(around 1000 between the two so far, remints as needed)

SE Orange in Bicycle and Motorcycle(100 each so far, remints possible)

SE Green in Bicycle and Motorcycle(100 each so far, remints possible)

03063f6b-b984-435c-91b4-80926b9934fb.jpga2f21997-5a8f-4250-ae1e-de615f39def2.jpg

WOW! the green is beautiful! :)

Robert my friend... If you change the photo a little.... put the Orange first the yellow second (under the orange) and the green last.... we will have a beautiful traffic light geocoin!!!! :) WOW! I love that!!! :D

I received packages from Robert too today. :)

Now I have a traffic light too (great pictures Gatoulis)

Thank you very much, Robert.

I Love the coins and the great cards you sent with them.

I'll start putting out some coins in the new year.

I will also be here more often again.

I found a conspicuous envelope on my desk early this morning (must have arrived earlier in the week) and when I opened it, I found:

• a beautiful postcard and note from Mount Whitney and...
  • a White Look Twice Geocoin - Motorcycle Version!

f8561f68-2dec-4987-8560-6e3d6122dada.jpg

Thanks Robert!!! This Look Twice Motorcycle in white is so cool... I'd love to hang onto it for a while to show at events and send out some yellow versions in the meantime. I got several last year, kept three and gifted the rest out to friends. :)

I received packages from Robert too today. :)

Now I have a traffic light too (great pictures Gatoulis)

Thank you very much, Robert.

I Love the coins and the great cards you sent with them.

I'll start putting out some coins in the new year.

I will also be here more often again.

Hello Marit!!! :D How are you my friend?

The pictures are not mine but they are from WSR. :)

Congratulations to all winners!!! :D

Marit... HAppy Sinderklaas day!!!! :D

I know that some people have expressed an interest in being able to PURCHASE some of the new colors of these Coins, so here is an opportunity. Thanks.

The Quote comes from This Thread...

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=237701

I find myself in the position right now that I am unable to place bids on any of these auctions, but I still would like to find a way to be helpful, so I am offering these coins up in a Silent Auction*...

Up for bid is a SET of SIX Look Twice Geocoins. (Pictured Here)

You will get both the Motorcycle and Bicycle versions of the three top colors(RE Yellow, SE Orange, and SE Green). the Bidding will close at Midnight, on December 31st(Pacific Time).

Shipping is free, so please consider that when you bid, and remember that there are SIX coins in the lot.

To place a bid, send it through Email to me at:

auction-robert@hotmail.com

I will try my best to update each bidder DAILY with the amount of the current high bid.

*Oh, Boy...I hope I'm doing this right!

OK, remember that there will be some prizes by random draw among ALL POSTS in this thread. That is still coming, as well as some prizes for the Mini Categories that I have added. Here's another Mini Category, and this will hopefully get the post count to jump.

I will be eventually releasing 100 of these Coins under my own account. I can't possibly think of 100 Missions, and do not want to repeat them, so...

Please post Missions for my Coins. I will need 100 different missions. Post only one Mission per post, and make sure it is not too long to fit in the Mission Section of a Coin Page. I will try my best to paste them into the Coin pages just the way you write them, whenever I get to activate the Coins. Remember that these Coins will still be owned by me, but the Mission can be anything that you think of. These do not have to fit the Guidelines of discussing Bike Safety. That message will be carried in the "About this Item" section, and is also carried by the Coin's name and design. Start Posting those Missions. Please feel free to ask any questions too.

Umm...Yeah...I never imagined that it would be 5 whole years before I got these 100 coins activated and traveling. It's been a long hard road to get here but I am finally getting this done. I don't really want to go into great detail on all the things that have gotten in the way of this, but I'm happy to be getting these moving. I no longer have 100 of the original yellow versions so these will be a mix of the special versions, mostly Green and Orange. At this point I'm planning to drop them all into an event in Seattle in August. They should spread out quickly from there. Keep a watch here for links to the coins as I edit the Missions

My mission is to tavel to the Netherland to the TT Circuit in Assen (Motorsport race track located in Assen, Netherlands. Host of MotoGP and World Superbike Championships) and to visit three caches that are closest by. These are: GC82E3 - Dirt; GCKE6A - Twijfelveld and GCPYKQ - Pathfinder. From there I will travel to the first cache I was released in again. I am spreading the message of Bike Awareness from cache to cache.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2578529

My mission is to spread some smiles around the world and start a epidemic.

Smiling is infectious,

You catch it like the flu,

When someone smiled at me today,

I started smiling too.

I passed around the corner,

and someone saw my grin,

When he smiled I realised,

I’d passed it on to him.

I thought about that smile,

Then I realised its worth,

A single smile just like mine,

Could travel round the earth.

So if you feel a smile begin,

Don’t leave it undetected

Let’s start an epidemic quick

And get the world infected!

I could try. :anicute: ....................there are now 22 smilecoins traveling around the world. :(;):D:);)

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2578514

Cycling from cache to cache and find bike songs around the world

Bicycle bicycle bicycle

I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle

I want to ride my bicycle

I want to ride my bike

I want to ride it where I like

You say black I say white

You say bark I say bite

You say shark I say hey man

Jaws was never my scene

And I don't like Star Wars

You say Rolls I say Royce

You say God give me a choice

You say Lord I say Christ

I don't believe in Peter Pan

Frankenstein or Superman

All I wanna do is

Bicycle bicycle bicycle

I want to ride my bike

I want to ride my

Bicycle races are coming your way

So forget all your duties oh yeah!

Fat bottomed girls they'll be riding today

So look out for those beauties oh yeah

On your marks get set go

Bicycle race bicycle race bicycle race

Bicycle bicycle bicyI want to ride my bicycle

Bicycle bicycle bicycle

Bicycle race

You say coke I say caine

You say John I say Wayne

Hot dog I say cool it man

I don't wanna be the President of America

You say smile I say cheese

Cartier I say please

Income tax I say Jesus

I don't wanna be a candidate

For Vietnam or Watergate

Cos all I want to do is

Bicycle bicycle bicycle

I want to ride my bike

I want to ride it where I like

Which song do you know?????

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2578563

Riding from cache to cache with me lights on.

There is a bike, a phantom bike,

That rides and stalks every night

It moves and pedals, and steers

and provokes many fears.

The phantom bike has run down many men

and it's sound, a slight din

no one knows the phantom bike,

but be safe, ride at night with a light.

POem by Kevin.

Safety First

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2578494