retrieving more than one TB

daxter2010

Hi, visited a cache at the weekend and it had quite a few TB's so i retrieved them. Didn’t think anything of it, but then i received an angry e-mail telling me that i should only take one TB from a cache. The mail went on to say that the collection of TB’s and GC's were left for someone else to collect and i had ruined the plan. I was a bit upset as i thought i was doing the right thing. So, what is the rule? Are you supposed to only take one TB or GC at a time. I would appreciate some clarification on this as i can’t find it written anywhere.

Many Thanks

Daxter2010

Hi, visited a cache at the weekend and it had quite a few TB's so i retrieved them. Didn’t think anything of it, but then i received an angry e-mail telling me that i should only take one TB from a cache. The mail went on to say that the collection of TB’s and GC's were left for someone else to collect and i had ruined the plan. I was a bit upset as i thought i was doing the right thing. So, what is the rule? Are you supposed to only take one TB or GC at a time. I would appreciate some clarification on this as i can’t find it written anywhere.

Many Thanks

Daxter2010

Some cache owners believe they own the TB's and GC in their cache and can place rules on taking the travelers. Some even say if you can't swap, then you don't get to take one. Well, the fact of the matter is the TB's and GC's are not theirs and they don't get to set the rules. The travelers are made to move, not sit in a cache or in the bottom of someones cache bag. If you can move them in a reasonable period of time, take them and move them. The CO is probably upset because you took all the travelers out of his prison. I would ignore his email and go about your business of having fun an moving travelers. And by the way I do have traveler out there.

Jim

If I am looking a the correct cache and travelers I see nothing that indicated they were being placed there for a special reason or any trade restrictions. Perhaps the owner is upset that he didn't have a chance to grab a few new icons.

Some caches do place restrictions on my travelers and can delete your found it log if you don't abide by their silly rule. I strongly recommend ignoring such a restriction and moving any travelers you can help towards their destination. Looking at the mission pages it appears that is exactly what you did.

For now just ignore the guy. If it continues refer him to the travel bug forum and we'll have a chat.

By the way the TB Rocket Man you Grabbed from Byron's pool, The person who placed it there was unable to drop it into the cache page listing. So the tracking stays accurate could you back log the bug? Post a note on the cache page (Just say Correcting Travel Bug log), and drop the bug in. Now go to the bug page and Retrieve the bug back out. This will give the bug credit for being at the cache. You can then delete the note you posted on the cache page. Thanks!

Many Thanks

Daxter2010

I have a coin that has been imprisoned in a cache since early July. There are at least 20 coins/bugs listed in the cache. The cache owner has imposed rules that if you take a bug, you MUST leave a bug. Nonsense. People find the cache and log comments such as, "wanted to take a bug but didn't have one to leave", so my coin, as well as several others, just sit there. This cache owner has no right to impose arbitrary rules on my and others travel bugs and coins.

You took travelers out of a cache so that they can serve their intended purpose, to travel. There is nothing wrong with that, regardless of what the cache owner thinks.

As far as I have ever read in all the forums and the TB/Geocoin rules it is pefectly fine to grab them anytime you want. They are outside the realm of "swag" so they do not have to be traded for. They are set out as travellers and as such if you can help them keep tracking mileage I am sure the owners of the trackables would be much happier to see them move than to sit and wait for another "inmate" to have to be able to travel again. I see absolutely nothing wrong with what you did and would do it myself if I knew at the time I was going to be able to help them along on their travels.

kayn_os

If I am looking a the correct cache and travelers I see nothing that indicated they were being placed there for a special reason or any trade restrictions. Perhaps the owner is upset that he didn't have a chance to grab a few new icons.

Some caches do place restrictions on my travelers and can delete your found it log if you don't abide by their silly rule. I strongly recommend ignoring such a restriction and moving any travelers you can help towards their destination. Looking at the mission pages it appears that is exactly what you did.

For now just ignore the guy. If it continues refer him to the travel bug forum and we'll have a chat.

By the way the TB Rocket Man you Grabbed from Byron's pool, The person who placed it there was unable to drop it into the cache page listing. So the tracking stays accurate could you back log the bug? Post a note on the cache page (Just say Correcting Travel Bug log), and drop the bug in. Now go to the bug page and Retrieve the bug back out. This will give the bug credit for being at the cache. You can then delete the note you posted on the cache page. Thanks!

Hi BlueDeuce, thanks for taking the time to look into the logs. It didn't occur to me that people could review the situation for themselves. Anyway, I'm very happy to continue as is. I have also followed your instruction to correct the route of Rocketman.

Best Regards

Andy

As far as I have ever read in all the forums and the TB/Geocoin rules it is pefectly fine to grab them anytime you want. They are outside the realm of "swag" so they do not have to be traded for. They are set out as travellers and as such if you can help them keep tracking mileage I am sure the owners of the trackables would be much happier to see them move than to sit and wait for another "inmate" to have to be able to travel again. I see absolutely nothing wrong with what you did and would do it myself if I knew at the time I was going to be able to help them along on their travels.

kayn_os

Kayn_os & Don_J, Thanks for your comments, i'm back on the hunt!

Happy Cachng :D

Like stated above, I saw nothing on the cache page to indicate any set TB policy by the cache owner. Most TB & coin owners would like to see their trackables move as opposed to sit in a TB/coin "prison". I have a TB in my possession right now that has a mission of racing against some other TB's & needs mileage & sitting does nothing for it.

I do move a few in my travels across the states & get quite a lot of e-mail from the owners thanking me for the miles.

DITTOS to all the above.

I own several TBs, and they have all gone missing! Still, I would rather see my TBs traveling than languishing!

A couple years ago, I found a TB hotel with A LOT of prisoners. I liberated almost a dozen. It was in a very rural area with few summer finds and virtually no winter finds ... and winter was fast approaching. The cache owner later emailed me, THANKING ME for taking so many with me! He felt guilty.