Hiding a cache

Team Amersfoort

Be sure to click the box labeled "Yes, this listing is active (For new listings, if you want to work on this listing before it is reviewed, uncheck this box. Reviewers will only see the listing in the queue when it is checked.)" on your cache page while editing it, or enable the listing when viewing the cache.

Be sure that you answer any of your reviewers questions, if any.

Then just wait, perhaps up to 3 days as stated in (hummnmmm, can't find it.).

Edited by trainlove

Be sure to click the box labeled "Yes, this listing is active (For new listings, if you want to work on this listing before it is reviewed, uncheck this box. Reviewers will only see the listing in the queue when it is checked.)" on your cache page while editing it, or enable the listing when viewing the cache.

Be sure that you answer any of your reviewers questions, if any.

Then just wait, perhaps up to 3 days as stated in (hummnmmm, can't find it.).

In the Read First! Geocaching Frequently Asked Questions post pinned at the top of this thread, click on the link for The Official Geocaching.com FAQ

When I submit a new cache for publication, how long will it take to be listed?

Each cache that is submitted to Geocaching.com is reviewed by a volunteer, to ensure that the cache meets the Geocaching Listing Guidelines. This process may take up to 72 hours to have your cache posted to the web site. We kindly ask for your patience during this review, especially on weekends when site traffic can be high.

I've had some published while I was still working on the cache page (I submit first, then play around with the text) and one took 7 days. The actual time depends on the reviewer, his schedule and workload, but 1-2 days is the norm and 3 days not out of the ordinary. More than 3 is pretty rare but not unheard of.

To speed up the process:

1. Read and understand the guidelines. I mean really read them, don't just skim them. The 10 minutes it takes can save you hours of work and gas if you have to go back and re-work or remove your cache.

2. After submitting the cache click on the link for nearest caches to see if there are any that are under .1 mile

3. Then click on the Google and topo maps. You'll see what the reviewer sees. Perhaps the map still shows an old RR track that has been converted to a hiking trail. Maybe it's an old army base that was decommissioned and sold to the state as a park. This is stuff that your reviewer may put your cache on hold for until he works things out with you. If you use the "note to reviewer" to explain that the RR tracks are now a hiking trail, or the school on the map has been torn down and is now a park, that will speed up the process.

4. Use the "note to reviewer" to explain any other situation that may cause the reviewer to flag your cache and hold it. If you live 300 miles away but you visit the locale of the cache every other week mention that. If the park requires a permit, tell the reviewer that you have one. If it is on private property but you have permission, make note of it. If it's only 400 feet from another cache, but there is a 200 ft cliff between the two, you should tell the reviewer.

What web site? What is this about? What do I need to do?

If yours is a puzzle that you would like to provide additional information. Or if you have an agenda and want to advertise and still be within the guidelines of geocaching.com you put your web site/sites there.

Thank you. It's not a puzzle and I don't have additional info to share. I have left it blank and get an error message something like "invalid url". Do I put in geochaching.com?

What web site? What is this about? What do I need to do?

If yours is a puzzle that you would like to provide additional information. Or if you have an agenda and want to advertise and still be within the guidelines of geocaching.com you put your web site/sites there.

Thank you. It's not a puzzle and I don't have additional info to share. I have left it blank and get an error message something like "invalid url". Do I put in geochaching.com?

You should leave it blank.