South African (Off-Topic) Quiz

DamhuisClan

Vryheid in KZN was the former capital of .............. in 1884?

No takers after 2 weeks now. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

"After British and Boer mercenaries had helped Dinuzulu defeat his rival Usibepu for succession of the Zulu throne, land and farming rights were granted to them along the banks of the Mfolozi River. On August 5, 1884 the mercenaries formed the Nieuwe Republiek (New Republic) with Vryheid as its capital. It was later incorporated into the South African Republic, but at the end of the Second Boer War the town and its surrounding area was absorbed into Natal."

Here's a new question then - Michaelhouse was founded in 1896 but relocated to Balgowen in the Natal Midlands in 1901. Where was it located prior to relocation?

I have this on a very reliable source, and its all I have to go with.

The Seacom Cable, is a internet bandwidth cable running down the East Coast of Africa.

Where in RSA, does this cable "come ashore". The local Village is set to become a Internet bandwidth hub for the whole of SA....

I have this on a very reliable source, and its all I have to go with.

The Seacom Cable, is a internet bandwidth cable running down the East Coast of Africa.

Where in RSA, does this cable "come ashore". The local Village is set to become a Internet bandwidth hub for the whole of SA....

Mtunzini? I think a few of the East Coast cables land there.

Peter,

That is close. Im giving it to you, as I am off for 5 weeks (work). The answer (apparently) is Salt Rock, with the old railway building at Umhlali having been bought up to set up South Africas Silicon Valley.........

It's all yours Peter, and see you all in 5 weeks.

The current airline of Bahrain - Gulf Air - used to be the representative airline of no less than 4 gulf countries. Which were these countries?

[Hint: they all subsequently launched their own airlines. Bonus points for naming the new airlines as well.] :blink: