South African (Off-Topic) Quiz

DamhuisClan

This one sounds so familiar, yet I cannot put my finger on it. I have no idea what the 3 magi had to do with this rock/stone - I only know that they bought gold, frankincense and myrrh as gifts to baby Jesus. Something that is green and begins with "P"....mmmmm...have no idea. Can't be purple, as that is not the correct colour. P...p....p........nope, it is not coming to me at the moment. :rolleyes::)

OK - looks as though the towel has been thrown in. The answer I was looking for was PERIDOT. It is a green coloured semi-precious stone that is also erroneously identified as emeralds. Olivine is another name for it. Believe it or not but it was used as a medicine to treat fever and "madness" - whatever the definition of madness was. It was also known to dispose one towards repentance! Set in gold it would prevent nocturnal terrors. Yes wazat, this is something that might come in handy for you! :)

New, easy question. The Ashes were first played between England and Australia in 1882. When were they last won by Australia?

Edited by cincol

You were lucky to have seen so many in the wild. Obviously where you go to will determine that. I normally go to South Australia to visit my son and koalas are extremely scarce there. Did manage to see 1 in Queensland though on a previous visit. Kangaroos are far more plentiful in SA though.

Answer - Koalas have 2 "thumbs".

You were lucky to have seen so many in the wild. Obviously where you go to will determine that. I normally go to South Australia to visit my son and koalas are extremely scarce there. Did manage to see 1 in Queensland though on a previous visit. Kangaroos are far more plentiful in SA though.

Answer - Koalas have 2 "thumbs".

This is true, your go :D

I saw them on the great ocean road.

According to wikipedia, koalas also have a forked penis, and the female 2 vaginas :rolleyes:

Perhaps this is the reason that many of them are dieing out due to Chlamydia :lol:

Interestingly, they are one of the few not primate mammals to have fingerprints, which are extremely difficult to tell from human's.

And they are also the closest relative to the charming wombats.

Oooops bit of a tough one. A flash bang was put in the cannon to start the inaugural Cape Cycle race now famously known as the Argus. It didn't work so two flash bangs were put in. The first fired wonderfully with a big puff of smoke followed by the second one blowing the cannon to pieces...

Vanuatu and Tuva have something very similar to South Africa, what is this?

I heard this the other day and for the life of me cannot remember the exact story.... Was it not to do with a bag packer doing something and it had such an effect all the people would come to that particular row just because of something inspirational she had put in their packet. When the manager inquired from a customer, the bag packer was promoted or something and now runs a campaign to give every customer the inspirational note or something.... Not sure if it was the same place but sounds like the story.

Haa haa it was a joke... you cannot be serious.... I was just thinking of the capies and what i can relate to what they have or don't have... LoL. OK....

Mwepu Ilunga - Of Zaire scored a classic yellow card in the 1974 WC against Brazil? What did he do....