South African (Off-Topic) Quiz

DamhuisClan

If I remember there was a green and red monster - let me guess

Red Dragon and Greenie?

There is a Dragon thingy that is green

The red thingy is not a dragon.

Seems this is quite a tricky one..... I have to admit if I was asked this question I would not have come up with the answer. Thats why I did it this way instead of naming them and asking who they were!

As Anton says ifyou want to relive you childhood get a program called MAME (Multi Arcade Machine Emulator) and download the ROM (Read Only Memory) images of your favorite arcade games - gamely is exactly the same and you won't tell the difference - except you will be using keyboard - and it won;t be costing you a fortune

For enthusiasts you can get a control set using exactly the same type of joysticks, trackballs and buttons used on the original arcade machines. For the hard core enthusiast you can build yourself a MAME cabinet that looks and feels like the real thing!!!!

Trev

digg5.jpg

A clue after each incorrect guess! And thats an O!

Trev

Pooky & Foggy ???

OK I have a better Idea - lets play master mind - will get this problem solved wuicker I think and I wont;l have to update and upload a graphic each time

B - letter in the correct place

W - letter in the incorrect place

Order of the B or W markers insignificant!!!

OK Gr8scot your score is

BBBB and BBW

Bear in mind the 4 given letters!!!

Good Luck

Trev

digg5.jpg

A clue after each incorrect guess! And thats an O!

Trev

Pooky & Foggy ???

Lets play mastermind!!! Will be more fun and I won't have to update the graphic each time - as a given you have 4 letters in the correct positions - 2 in each name - the names make "words" and are not just random letters.

B = letter in correct position

W - letter in incorrect position

So Gr8scot you score is

BBBB and BBW

Trev

So by elimination... let's start again at 'a':

Pooka and Fagar?

BBBBB and BBBB

POOKA and FOGRY

BBBBB and BBWW

An now you have everything - no more guesing should be required - you have everything to making a reasoned deduction...............

Remember B = correct letter in correct place and W means a correct letter in the incorrect place!

BBBBB and BBBB

POOKA and FOGRY

BBBBB and BBWW

An now you have everything - no more guesing should be required - you have everything to making a reasoned deduction...............

Remember B = correct letter in correct place and W means a correct letter in the incorrect place!

That only leaves ONE option - FOGYR

Hope this one is now put to bed! :)

Well then it is FYGAR.

Thanks for the 'Master Mind' - I haven't played that in a while! hehe

Yay - thats right - Pooka and Fygar it is!

Hers a short blurb about the game from Wikipedia

The objective of Dig Dug is to eliminate underground-dwelling monsters. This can be done by inflating them until they pop or by dropping rocks on them. There are two kinds of enemies in the game: Pookas, round red monsters (said to be modeled after tomatoes) who wear yellow goggles, and Fygars, green dragons who can breathe fire. The player's character is Dig Dug, dressed in white and blue, and able to dig tunnels. Dig Dug is killed if he is caught by either Pooka or Fygar, burned by a Fygar's fire, or crushed by a rock.

Go for it Team Ginger

Why are we waiting?

The last 2 questions have been running since 27 July. There have only been 5 respondents during that time - and that includes the ones who asked the questions. It is quiet amazing how the interest wains when the topic does not have a wide interest.

Still waiting for the answer though! :laughing:

Why are we waiting?

The last 2 questions have been running since 27 July. There have only been 5 respondents during that time - and that includes the ones who asked the questions. It is quiet amazing how the interest wains when the topic does not have a wide interest.

Still waiting for the answer though! :huh:

now now cincol, play nice!

I think its a jolly goood question - just a bit hard to get the answer :laughing:

Why don't you hit us with another, Ginger?

I only know what "nap" means with regard to golf greens. There it indicates that the grass bends over in a certain direction. One can putt against or with the nap. It affects the speed and direction of the ball.

So, I would guess that the fabric would have a cut of fibers that lie in a direction within the material. Probably one could create a design effect by sewing the nap in different directions......like the way they create patterns by cutting grass in different directions?

Nicely done, CapeDoc!!! Who would have thought sewing and golf have something in common? :laughing:

What you have said is precisely it. When buying material for a garment, it is important to consider the nap. If it doesn't have a nap, one usually needs less material, as one can fit the pattern pieces in any direction.

Some materials that have a nap, can for instance, shine in different colours/shades when viewed from different angles. This would certainly look funny if the left and right side of a dress or pants look like they've been cut from different rolls of material.

So if material has a nap, one would need to lay the pattern pieces all in the same direction to cut it out.

You're it CapeDoc! :huh: