South African (Off-Topic) Quiz

DamhuisClan

It's the flow of your hand when your fingers strike the keyboard?

Close enough!

It is the "inward" flow of the fingers when typing on the keyboard.

A method which would allow people to type faster would be to allow the outer fingers to type the first letter, and the fingers to the centre the rest. This is because all (most) peope find it easier to tap their fingers from the pinky inwards.

There is a keyboard layout called Dvorak

Some of the features which make typing on it faster are:

• Letters should be typed by alternating between hands.
  • For maximum speed and efficiency, the most common letters and digraphs should be the easiest to type. This means that they should be on the home row, which is where the fingers rest, and under the strongest fingers.
  • The least common letters should be on the bottom row, which is the hardest row to reach.
  • The right hand should do more of the typing, because most people are right-handed.
  • Digraphs should not be typed with adjacent fingers.
  • Stroking should generally move from the edges of the board to the middle. An observation of this principle is that, for many people, when tapping fingers on a table, it is easier going from little finger to index than vice versa. This motion on a keyboard is called inboard stroke flow.

Also have a look at the Dvorak Web Commic

Had to give others a chance.

A mosquito!

Carbon Hunter is on holiday in SA so might not have 'Net access for a while so I will post on his behalf to keep the ball rolling here.

A mozzie it is! Well done to Bouts777 who probably passes by on a daily basis and might even be a member!! ;)

Thanks guys - only have limited acces.

Aren't you making use of special characters or symbols and normal letters? I know I always used the ALT key with a number to get the special characters like the vowels with accents when typing in French. Is it a case of just knowing which letters and characters to use to reach the end result?

He He :D

You certainly did.

A JavaScript program converts English letters to unicode characters and symbols that look inverted, to make it look like you've created upside-down text on the computer. Most of them come from the character sets "Latin Extended" and "International Phonetic Alphabet". Unfortunately there are no upside down numbers and not enough upside down capital letters, so this tool supports lowercase letters only. This page uses the font "Arial Unicode MS" to display the flipped text.

Take a look at this site http://www.sevenwires.com/play/UpsideDownLetters.html

Okay, for somebody who knows absolutely nothing about the game and really has no interest in it - but must add that some of my family think it is great and discussed whether Bafana Bafana had any chance of ever winning any of these games - here is my input:

France

Mexico

Uruguay

Edited by cownchicken

Maybe the stadium just outside Rustenburg ?

It is called the Bafokeng Sports Stadium and is located in the town of Phokeng - this will be the "home" venue for England. The stadium in Rustenburg is called Olympia Park and was the "home" stadium for Scotland during the Rugby World Cup in 1995. The regional municipality is called Bojanala.

I think it is either Phillipolis or Fauresmith in the Vrystaat naturally! On the road from Bloem to Colesburg before you get to the Orange River. Not too far from the N1. If I remember correctly it has a cemetery nearby that is (in)famous as it was the only place where more than one PUBLIC execution took place in South Africa and the townsfolk are very proud of it too. There is also a delightful B&B in the old jailhouse as well.

Next time you travel from Bloem to Colesburg take the "old" road. There are some really interesting places to see AND some places for the adventurous to place some caches as well!!!! :):D

This might be a bit of a trick question but I hope not. All ardent rugby fans SHOULD know the answer :) - I hope!

What was significant about the 1995 Rugby World Cup?

Hint - something changed in the Laws afterwards.

After 95 it was not amateur rugby anymore the new era of professional rugby.

KACHING!!!